Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Loughc wrote: »
    I'm kinda hoping it's the 25th for selfish reasons, the toy show is the day I put up the decorations haha, so getting to put them up slightly earlier would be nice haha.

Me too! But with so much stuff to put up I'd have to start that early that week and it seems early. As much as I love christmas, I try to keep it as close to December as possible, so I'm hoping for the 02nd for the toy show

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,304 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm sure everyone here is very excited about Bad Santa 2 coming out later this year. :D Here's the first trailer for it.

And here's the longer trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Looking forward to Bad Santa 2...........but in childland.......booking Christmas Island in Wicklow comes first. Went last year for the first time and it was great. Daughter was 7 heading on 8. Loved it! This year its 8 heading on 9! Hoping to get the last magic from it.

A really good trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,535 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I remember the hype around Bad Santa one. I think that's why they brought in the 16 cert for movies in Ireland. Lots of people thought it was just Santa saying a few swear words and brought their kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Looking forward to Bad Santa 2...........but in childland.......booking Christmas Island in Wicklow comes first. Went last year for the first time and it was great. Daughter was 7 heading on 8. Loved it! This year its 8 heading on 9! Hoping to get the last magic from it.

A really good trip.

Can I ask for a bit more info on Christmas Island sounds interesting ! I love looking for new things to try with the boys :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

It really feels like summer is over now :)

I love the rain :):)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 yulenka4

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Welcome yulenka4! :) now on to this important point u bring up about the disney store deals ! Do you know if its just toys or have they got their Christmas decorations out yet! I

Just in disney store got some lovely decorations.. they have a section on the ground floor. Towards the back wall.

yulenka4 wrote: »
    Just in disney store got some lovely decorations.. they have a section on the ground floor. Towards the back wall.

Omg ! I may go up ! I always miss them ! I went up last year in November and they were totally sold out :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20 yulenka4

Omg ! I may go up ! I always miss them ! I went up last year in November and they were totally sold out :(

Ah no hate when that happens im sure in the nest two or three weeks they'll have a much bigger selection

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

You can really see the volume of posts on this forum rising.........it's great!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

kitten_k wrote: »
    You can really see the volume of posts on this forum rising.........it's great!

It's really is great.

Well I'm lucky. My wife is one seriously organised person. We have amassed lots of decorations over the years and even after moving back to Ireland, she had managed to keep them in storage here so we have the preverbial grotto!

She has been saving with the local butcher, so the meat is sorted. Smyths savings card is topped up bi weekly since June and every supermarket card is used so by Christmas week there's lots of discounts and vouchers to be used for major goodies.

I just do the fun stuff. Christmas Island, Cinema and a Panto if there's a decent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

So Christmassy here lately.. love it!!!

Kids back to school in a few weeks, sure sign for me that it's Christmas..

My 2 and a half year old put my Christmas fm app on yesterday morning, woke up to jingle bells playing, was in a good mood for the day :-)

Can I ask for a bit more info on Christmas Island sounds interesting ! I love looking for new things to try with the boys :)

A pleasure.

http://www.christmasisland.ie/

Any questions just ask away.

13932761_10154466016078724_1885199754131189709_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=b25cf61a9c3a360c8dc6f1079536ab0f&oe=581F7229

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Haha I seen that on Facebook this evening too!

Was it on the I Love Christmas page?
    A local hotel shared it and said their Christmas party brochure will be available soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

It does seem busier on here alright, all those fair weather Christmas people only starting to post in August pffft, we all know that any posts after paddys day are just wannabes.*

*Its a joke, just in case.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I normally have berry/vanilla/lemon scented candles lighting from early spring, all through the summer but this morning feels so autumnal I lit an apple and cinnamon candle instead. It smells soooo like Christmas. I don't think I can take it this early in August though. I might have to go buy some spiced orange ones so it's more like a hint of Christmas to come rather than full on festive olfactory overload.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    A pleasure.

http://www.christmasisland.ie/

Any questions just ask away.

Thank you ! Would you recommend it or would you plan another visit ? The lights look amazing !

• Advertisement

I came on ti post the same thing ! An aunt posted it on my time line been a bit christmas nutty runs in some of my extended family by all account :D

Oh forum is definitly busier ! I wake up to my email full of notifications from the Christmas forum :)

iguana wrote: »
    I normally have berry/vanilla/lemon scented candles lighting from early spring, all through the summer but this morning feels so autumnal I lit an apple and cinnamon candle instead. It smells soooo like Christmas. I don't think I can take it this early in August though. I might have to go buy some spiced orange ones so it's more like a hint of Christmas to come rather than full on festive olfactory overload.

Last year in the January sale I bought a few of those Yankee candle christmas house box sets woth the 12 scents of christmas as gifts... I am so sorely tempted to crack into them and light them :p:)

Spent a bloody fortune shipping yankee candles from amazon to the middle east last year only to find them in my local groccery store.

What are the best facebook Christmas website, asking for a 'friend' obviously as my OH would put me out with the dog if I started liking pages this time of year.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Spent a bloody fortune shipping yankee candles from amazon to the middle east last year only to find them in my local groccery store.

What are the best facebook Christmas website, asking for a 'friend' obviously as my OH would put me out with the dog if I started liking pages this time of year.

I love christmas, christmas countdown .... they are good pages ... they will also suggest a few others for u to browse some are aimed at arts and crafts others are home deco ideas etc just depends on what your interested in following! Good luck "friend " ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just read an article in the Irish Times about how Argos have sent their Christmas catalogue to journalists!

Just seen that, had a bit about Selfridges shop being open also. I would not be able to work there this early though, even thought I would consider myself Christmas mad.

I'd love it. You'd get to experience Christmas in work and then you could do regular summer things after work. Although obviously I'd actually hate it because it's retail and people are horrible. :D

The article is here. The Argos catalogue sounds rubbish, but I presume it also has Christmas decorations in it and not just gifts so I'll forgive them. They really should be running these things by us before they send them out.

Many moon ago I had a job in Dunnes for the Christmas period. It was the one and only time I hated hearing Christmas songs however the whole experience dealing wth the public was probably the worst part.

I worked in M&S over Christmas. I was in Lingerie (:pac:) but I heard stories from Foods. On Christmas Eve people rolled under the shutters as they opened and security had to be called in from other shops because people were stealing things like goose fat from other people's trolleys.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

security had to be called in from other shops because people were stealing things like goose fat from other people's trolleys.
    That's hilarious. People are nutcases. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement