Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

washiskin wrote: »
    Do ye remember last year there was a facebook page about a Christmas Cocktail Bar? Did that go ahead?

It did indeed there was a pop up grotto bar. Looked wedged in there every night.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

So...got a little gift from a friend today

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Brown Thomas Christmas shop. On Thursday. Lads. It's Christmas!

http://www.goss.ie/brown-thomas-opening-christmas-market-thursday/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Was in Dunnes this morning with my mam and they had a giant stack of celebrations tubs all wrapped up in cellophane in the middle of the shop. They must have just been delivered. I'm sure the other tubs aren't far behind! :D

• Advertisement

A_smurf wrote: »
    Was in Dunnes this morning with my mam and they had a giant stack of celebrations tubs all wrapped up in cellophane in the middle of the shop. They must have just been delivered. I'm sure the other tubs aren't far behind! :D

Omg, I'd love to crack open a tub of celebrations now mmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

A_smurf wrote: »

I'd love to buy them, but i'd have them eaten before Christmas.

We get these boxes as small presents for people and every year without fail in our house we unwrap the sweets, eat them, and have to re purchase the present.

So worth it though. I love the maltesers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Getting ready for the comments on social media now!
    It's to early!
    How will I be able to bring my kids shopping now. ( It's brown Thomas for God's sake)
    I'm boycotting all shops who've Christmas stock in before December.
    It gets earlier ever year.
    It get earlier every year!

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Wahoo! I have yet to visit the BT Christmas shop, I am going to make it my business to go there this year :D

I don' understand the people giving out saying it starts earlier each year - it's always August. And they wouldn't open it in August if it wasn't worth their while - there's a market for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

BT's opening at 9.30am on Thursday. I got the "Is this a cry for help?" look when I mentioned going earlier on :rolleyes:

Anyway, I was going through my Soundhound searches earlier...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Lads and lassies you are all so fancy pancy with all the BT's lark.:D

My missus has the Smyths card sorted for DD's Santa pressies. She has also got near €100 euro saved on a craft butchers account for the oul meat marathon!

Its never ever too early.:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Know where I'm heading to on Thursday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

It would be the easiet way to stalk a boardsie, just wandering round BT Christmas shop in August randomly calling out boardsie names and see who turns around.

I won't be back in Ireland untilthe end of October, I think it will be sufficently gloomy to give going to the BT Christmas shop full effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Jude13 wrote: »
    It would be the easiet way to stalk a boardsie, just wandering round BT Christmas shop in August randomly calling out boardsie names and see who turns around.

Haha haha brilliant and so true haha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Good morning elves ! The weather is so dull and miserable outside today (can't belive I was out trying to sun bathe in the garden yesterday talk about a stark change :p ). I have the fire lighting lights on the fireplace lit and a nice lasagne in the oven for dinner! Yes winter comfort food is back !

Currently stalking the postman waiting on my order from vista print ! Finally ordered the personalised return address labels for cards. Think it was 7 euro for 140 of them ! :) so very festive today! Im expecting to burst tomorrow morning when I wake up and realise that BT Christmas shop is actually open !!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

So The Great British Bake Off is back next Wednesday and X Factor is back Sat week. That so begins the Christmas count down even for non Christmas addicts

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Brown Thomas Christmas Shop 2016!
    13939610_1083082855072788_7245711381331410381_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=8d1e7825b383d04fd5695e151a2ac82f&oe=5844A6BE

14022196_1083083091739431_6165024074490017476_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=f572df1714978ff79ac1569759bca3a7&oe=5849ED16

13920924_1083083128406094_435215373411236511_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c68071204b98b31fced291a17c611cea&oe=58180EE9

14067448_1083082321739508_1079234450790279276_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=ca015d1779ae6cfaac8a7d91bad81844&oe=585C1218

13925007_1083082538406153_4387426209330416031_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=3d1e7fa1dd0a83411e501aeb6e315126&oe=5848F047

14051649_1083082611739479_4030291091132362281_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=0f753a586a68e42696abe0f8b676ea9d&oe=5810159D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I just said "oh", in response to those pics, in a similar way that I'd say it if I looked at a pic of kittens! Christmas is coming!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

It will be October probably when I visit the BT shop. Really low on funds otherwise I would go up sooner. I have a few nights booked in a hotel so will have plenty of time to look around.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The weather feels like a proper winter night. So many signs pointing towards Christmas that magical feeling is getting stronger each day now :D

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    The weather feels like a proper winter night. So many signs pointing towards Christmas that magical feeling is getting stronger each day now :D

It's going to be a enjoyable 4 months ahead. I hope the weather stays like this, I much prefer it over the sun.

Love that the weather is getting cooler and more autumnal.....if anybody in my life heard me say that they'd probably be charged with murder due to killing me in a fit of rage :pac: I just love the dark evenings....was looking at the forecast on the met eireann website and it looks very wet for weekend - I'm already imagining watching a Christmas movie with the rain battering against the window and the wind howling :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Today is so miserable that I'm heading in to Brown Thomas in Dublin to cheer myself up, I saw them setting up the Christmas section and as we have a new home this year we're getting two trees so obviously I need some nice new decorations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

lazygal wrote: »
    Today is so miserable that I'm heading in to Brown Thomas in Dublin to cheer myself up, I saw them setting up the Christmas section and as we have a new home this year we're getting two trees so obviously I need some nice new decorations!

Congratulations! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

It's going to be a enjoyable 4 months ahead. I hope the weather stays like this, I much prefer it over the sun.
    Me too! I cant wait until the winter boots are in. I'm so tired of going around in stupid summer clothes and high heels. Want my winter boots!

My first time ever in BT was March of this year, and I'm 20 haha.

But i will definitely go in a few times before Christmas. My brother is doing Saturday morning grinds in the institute, so he will be my excuse to go in

I just flicked on Today FM and they're playing A Spaceman Came Travelling. :D

I just flicked on Today FM and they're playing A Spaceman Came Travelling. :D

Go away! I don't think you can associate that song with anything other than Christmas! :-P

leahyl wrote: »
    Go away! I don't think you can associate that song with anything other than Christmas! :-P

I think the thinking behind it was that the BTs Christmas shop opened today and also Chris De Burgh announced some shows.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Cannot believe that BT's christmas shop is open!!!
    And I've seen quite a few christmas statuses on my fb feed, eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement