Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I went to BT in Cork today during my lunch break. Bought 2 lovely ornaments. Don't know how to add the pictures. Delighted with myself. :)

B9BQUCD

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Went up to BT's today! Got some lovely decs and the atmosphere was lovely.
    Went for a cuppa before going home and the waitress remarked on my Rudolph bracelet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

ohh I'll have to visit the BT Christmas store

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

amen wrote: »
    ohh I'll have to visit the BT Christmas store

I know ! I can't wait either. I'm holding out for 2 weeks til the boys go back to school so I can browse at my leisure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Channel 5 are showing Christmas movies from 12pm on Sunday .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Quick heads up for anyone looking for bargain for toys . Check out the salvage shop on fb they are having a stock clearance on toys from smyths over the next few days due to the fire at the store in naas. 50 % off all retail prices ; )

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Hufflepuff wrote: »
    Channel 5 are showing Christmas movies from 12pm on Sunday .

With the weather as it is, I'm getting the feeling lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Online Christmas shopping and Christmas all day on Channel 5, what Sundays are made for :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 yulenka4

Online Christmas shopping and Christmas all day on Channel 5, what Sundays are made for :)

I hear ya, lazy Sunday, dull rainy weather, and the holiday on DVD. Such a great movie .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Lazy Sunday ha wish I was as lucky as that lotto winner or winners from Leitrim. However we suffered from 1st world problems today no clean jeans to wear buy a new pair only get the right size the first time lol. 3 trips to shops for 1 pair of jeans. I got to see every inch of heatons though some nice bargins there to be had. Pity I don't need anything and would rather save my euros for BT. Might have convinced my dad to go next Weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Mega Christmassy Big Brother on at the moment. The whole house is decked out for Christmas snow the lot :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Mega Christmassy Big Brother on at the moment. The whole house is decked out for Christmas snow the lot :-)

I loved it!! Definitely going into BTs tomorrow for a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Think this could apply to alot of us:

14034708_1187320031311621_1814813961274343772_n.jpg?oh=0ca0310045178f6be1772af6938577a7&oe=5815577A

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »

We were out so I couldn't watch it but we had a great laugh at the descriptions of the films. They sounded amazingly cheesy. :D Raging I missed them. Of course they went and ruined it by putting on a Christmas special of Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away.

On another note, this forum has ruined me. I had to go to Heatons for something and every red thing I saw had me all excited. I was absolutely sure they'd have Christmas stuff. They didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

I have ended up 'liking' quite a few Christmas facebook pages today, my news feed is very festive.

17 Monday's till the big day (although quite a few less till Christmas season starts)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Toto wrote:
    On another note, this forum has ruined me. I had to go to Heatons for something and every red thing I saw had me all excited.

I read to this point and was so excited!!!! I had even thought about when I could go to heatons this week. But then I continued reading

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We got these for the Rose of Tralee tonight! 14068466_1255795477787010_1882878563036689071_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Did anyone see that the Toy Show is having a big change .. i panicked with the headline , but apparently to take the pressure of parents its going to be on in December so this year i think it said the 2nd December it will be on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

applesock wrote: »
    Did anyone see that the Toy Show is having a big change .. i panicked with the headline , but apparently to take the pressure of parents its going to be on in December so this year i think it said the 2nd December it will be on.

I'm thrilled with that date, means I can get my decorations up that week and then watch it in proper style that night. We always do a switching on of the lights on the night of the toy show

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

It has nothing to do with parents it's just the way the Friday fell. The last Friday in November is too early so the 2nd of December is the right call.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭applesock

Oh i know it more about the dates but the article said by moving it to December more christmassy and gives parents a break.Its normally on the last weekend of November isn't it? Or has it been on a few times in December ? My head not working at the moment. I think regardless of when its on, its great fun. I booked tickets to the Christmas Carols at Christ Church, I'm very excited about this. Every year i forget & go mad i didnt go, so delighted with myself :P

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think it's just to do with how the date falls this year.
    Personally I don't know does it take
    the pressure of parents because their just showing them toys later and giving them less times to buy them and sending people out on an even busier weekend to shop!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Oh i know it more about the dates but the article said by moving it to December more christmassy and gives parents a break.Its normally on the last weekend of November isn't it? Or has it been on a few times in December ? My head not working at the moment. I think regardless of when its on, its great fun. I booked tickets to the Christmas Carols at Christ Church, I'm very excited about this. Every year i forget & go mad i didnt go, so delighted with myself :P

When I was young it was always the Friday closest to Farmers' Day, (December 8th). But it was moved back to the last Friday of November a decade or more ago, most likely to accommodate online shopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

applesock wrote:
    Oh i know it more about the dates but the article said by moving it to December more christmassy and gives parents a break.Its normally on the last weekend of November isn't it? Or has it been on a few times in December ? My head not working at the moment. I think regardless of when its on, its great fun. I booked tickets to the Christmas Carols at Christ Church, I'm very excited about this. Every year i forget & go mad i didnt go, so delighted with myself

OMG, booked out already!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

I have ended up 'liking' quite a few Christmas facebook pages today, my news feed is very festive.

There's a good few Christmas pages on fb that i follow. i really love the ones that post all year round with the daily Christmas posts. What i've noticed is a lot of the page owners have had to put up posts regarding the abuse they've been getting from folk about the pages content - I mean come on!!! you would think the title of the page is a good indication of what to expect on it & why like the page in the first place if it doesn't resonate with their way of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

People who want to be outraged will find a reason to be. (Re: Facebook pages)

The Toy Show is a bit of a pain for me. I use the date of it as leverage to get the decorations up early. I live abroad and head home for Christmas (usualy about 15-18 December) however I have accumlated loads of lovely dec's both internal and external (think Griswalds).

As much as I love the dec's I feel to get the most out of them and to make it worthwhile putting them all up, it takes a weekend, then we should aim for four weeks enjoyement of them to make it worthwhile. Which means mid November, however my OH would argue the date of the toy show, so the later it is the less time the decs see the light of day.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Yeah, I'm the same. I have so many decorations that I want them up before December starts because it's a lot of work to put them all up and I want to get a good 5-6 weeks out of them. It also works as our magical gnome lives on top of the tree and arrives on the 30th of November. Having the top of the tree bare for a few days before he arrives is great way of letting the excitement build up. Decorating for the Toy Show and using that to kick off Christmas festivities is usually a perfect way to do it but that won't work if they have it on the 2nd.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I think I'm still gonna put my decorations up the last week in November - I found that last year I was all stressed on the day of the toyshow, trying to have the Christmas tree up and ready - I didn't even get it all decorated, so this year I'm gonna have it up and all before the toyshow and then sit down and enjoy it on the 2nd December :D

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    I think I'm still gonna put my decorations up the last week in November - I found that last year I was all stressed on the day of the toyshow, trying to have the Christmas tree up and ready - I didn't even get it all decorated, so this year I'm gonna have it up and all before the toyshow and then sit down and enjoy it on the 2nd December :D

This, this sounds like a plan!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement