Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

iguana wrote: »
    When I was young it was always the Friday closest to Farmers' Day, (December 8th). But it was moved back to the last Friday of November a decade or more ago, most likely to accommodate online shopping.

Last time it was in December was 4 years ago (or so I read somewhere online), hopefully they will keep this new structure. I think first friday in december should be the way they go

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

Went out to feed the cat there and it's getting colder now. So cold in fact you can see your breadth. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I am flying to Berlin on 2nd December for a Sthen to the Christmas markets so I will miss it :mad::mad:

14079797_1209654842431102_237583695284663669_n.jpg?oh=0ece0ac7f8d219e0a55469dea7cb1544&oe=585C690E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

kitten_k wrote: »
    14079797_1209654842431102_237583695284663669_n.jpg?oh=0ece0ac7f8d219e0a55469dea7cb1544&oe=585C690E

The months are just flying in. It feels like last week since it was 6 months. Can't wait though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Can't thank that post enough Kitten K!!

I know it is going so quick and now with all the autumn programs starting back I think it will fly in.

Have gotten over my disappointment about the toy show. We come home from Berlin on the Sunday and have the Monday off so we are going to relax at home, put on the xmas light and have a party watching it then.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

applesock wrote: »
    Oh i know it more about the dates but the article said by moving it to December more christmassy and gives parents a break.Its normally on the last weekend of November isn't it? Or has it been on a few times in December ? My head not working at the moment. I think regardless of when its on, its great fun. I booked tickets to the Christmas Carols at Christ Church, I'm very excited about this. Every year i forget & go mad i didnt go, so delighted with myself :P

Just booked a pair of tickets for the 6th. Be a nice surprise for her inside.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

So the drive-in movie facebook page is now selling tickets for Halloween movies in Cherrywood and saying they will announce Christmas dates soon. On their website, it also states that 98fm are their media partners. But I can't find anything on 98fm's page or facebook page about it, which is maybe making me unfairly suspicious, but usually when a radio station is media partners for an event, they shout it from the rafters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

Oooh that Christchurch thing is on the week of de Mammy's birthday. Might score myself some brownie points...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

kitten_k wrote: »

Is it just me or does it seem that the 25th of every month is coming around every 2 weeks :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Tonight I ordered a Chinese takeaway and watched the Muppets' Christmas Carol. :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is it just me or does it seem that the 25th of every month is coming around every 2 weeks :)

Time is passing by so quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Tonight I ordered a Chinese takeaway and watched the Muppets' Christmas Carol. :pac:

All your missing is the glass of wine while you wrap presents and that's my christmas eve ! Not jelous at all lol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Just saw a bunch of teenagers in uniforms. Can't believe it's back to school time already.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Hello fellow elves.
    I was in my local Carraig Donn today and they had some of last year's Christmas stuff going cheap e.g. a 3 piece Christmas breakfast set for €6 down from €19. Other branches are doing it too.
    They also had a small selection of this year's stuff in on a 3 for 2 offer. The lady in the shop told me they'll have more on display in about 2 weeks.

washiskin wrote: »
    Hello fellow elves.
    I was in my local Carraig Donn today and they had some of last year's Christmas stuff going cheap e.g. a 3 piece Christmas breakfast set for €6 down from €19. Other branches are doing it too.
    They also had a small selection of this year's stuff in on a 3 for 2 offer. The lady in the shop told me they'll have more on display in about 2 weeks.

I must take a look next time I'm in town. I got some fantastic Easter stuff in there earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Friends post on Facebook.

"Are you kidding me neighbour...Christmas music at 2am?!? Go away with yer ****e!"

Which one of you was it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Whispered wrote: »
    Friends post on Facebook.

"Are you kidding me neighbour...Christmas music at 2am?!? Go away with yer ****e!"

Which one of you was it :D

Not me on this occasion however I have played my youtube playlist a few times at this stage the last few days. I now realise one of my neighbours got one of those drone things must be trying to figure out who is playing the music lol.

• Advertisement

The Enable Ireland shop in Finglas Village has Christmas cards and bows for sale in a display case by the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The X-Factor is back tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

Christmas Chutney bubbling away on the stove ....Puddings next week ....its all about forward planning:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Going to BT in Dublin tomorrow going to enjoy my day out.

Planning to clean and sort my kitchen cupboards tomorrow. Doesn't sound very Christmassy but it's step one on my things to do to the house ahead of Christmas plan. I've been living here for 2 years now and I really don't want to spend another Christmas with off-white walls everywhere. By mid-November I want my house painted and properly organised, so it's fresh and colourful ahead of the Christmas decorations going up!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The X-Factor is back tonight!

I love this time of year. The run in starts now :D

cookie75 wrote: »
    Christmas Chutney bubbling away on the stove ....Puddings next week ....its all about forward planning:):)

Is it the Delia Christmas Chutney?? :eek:

It's officially Christmas!!!!! Heatons toy sale starts tomorrow. Soooo excited. Sod the kitchen cupboards, I'm off to look at the toys. :D

https://www.facebook.com/heatonsstores/photos/a.523486737665422.132399.203423956338370/1390677767612977/?type=3&theater

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭cookie75

washiskin wrote: »
    Is it the Delia Christmas Chutney?? :eek:

Spiced Mango and Plum chutney from Good Food ...Its to die for !!!

• Advertisement

Anyone want to join me in a bit of group support for getting organised to do all the stupid 'grown-up' pre-Christmas tasks that we need to/would love to do before the festive season starts? All the stuff that doesn't feel festive while we're doing it but will make us really happy to have done before Christmas really kicks off?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=100829275#post100829275

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement