Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So has anyone been to the BT Christmas shop yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Loughc wrote: »

No not yet !! But the boys are back to school on Wednesday so I will going up the first week in September ! Can't wait ! Hoping they have christmas decorations in store in disney store too :) be interested in knowing if anyone got anything nice or would recommend anything from the BT shop !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Plan on going in a few weeks. It will be my first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Haven't really been in town since it opened but hoping to head in for something to eat this week and I might go have a look then.

The weather is glorious today! But it smells like back to school time. That sounds a bit weird but when I was teaching back to school time always had the same smell.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Haven't really been in town since it opened but hoping to head in for something to eat this week and I might go have a look then.

The weather is glorious today! But it smells like back to school time. That sounds a bit weird but when I was teaching back to school time always had the same smell.

Seeing the kids back at School just hammers home how little of the year there is left. If it wasn't so sunny today I'd be convinced it's much later in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I planned to go last week, but things have been mental at work so haven't had time to go yet. :(

Posy wrote: »
    I planned to go last week, but things have been mental at work so haven't had time to go yet. :(

Same. :(

Also now that I'm not working in town/or passing by town on the way home, I need to have the spare time to get into town.

Must make it a priority in the next few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Yes, on opening day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,157 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

My OH threw an end of summer party for our daughter and friends yesterday. They all sat in the back garden making Christmas decorations! I was in Croke Park. All Ireland final next and that's a definate marker that Christmas is on the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Yes yesterday got 3 Christmas Tree Decorations and had a great look around it was so quiet. Going back up in October with more cash than I had on me yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Yes, of course. I was in the Cork one on the day it opened.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,536 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I looked the Brown Thomas Christmas Shop online. They seem to have a nice few things!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Yankee Candle Advent Calendar 2016

395683.jpg

Not partially my favourite, I think it could be more Christmas themed but nice to see it being released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

The Kilkenny shop have a few of their 2016 decoration up on their site.....

iw0vt0.jpg

For any interested elves here :)

Christmas jobs!

14100349_10153995572521925_1128980889437643689_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=b696048a2372a55ad2e84b9684c98acf&oe=5882ECF6

hukadl.jpg

This is true :D

So true! But then after awhile it really gets to me (when I'm with my family, not in my own house!) and my sister has to save the day and organise everything. :D Actually, that's probably one of our Christmas traditions. My sister loves cleaning and at some point in the morning she'll gather up all the wrapping paper and organise everyone's gifts. She's less than 2 years younger than me and she's been doing it for as long as I can remember.

I love collectioning up the wrapping paper and packaging for the recycling bin.

That is so sweet Loughc ! And I totally agree with it, but I'm the kinda person that has to be reminded to put down the black bag and stop picking up the paper as the kids open their gifts ! What totally kills me is the few days after Christmas when the whole of the downstairs is a hot mess with bits of toys being assembled everywhere.

I complain but I know ill miss it when they get older :D

• Advertisement

One of the guys on Bake Off made a Christmas themed gingerbread house. It was a bit of a mess but it was Christmas!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

It certainly was a bit of a mess... there were a multitude of disasters tonight!! :D

Happy SeptemBER!

14206121_1177101392355241_6790339087484208707_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Believe it or not guys I have never watched Elf so I may just do that this evening :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

cinnamony wrote: »
    Believe it or not guys I have never watched Elf so I may just do that this evening :)

You're in for a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

cinnamony wrote:
    Believe it or not guys I have never watched Elf so I may just do that this evening

I've only watched it for the first time ever this year after Christmas.

Have no idea why I've never seen it before but yea, beautiful and Christmassy.
    It's the perfect choice of a movie to watch today now that we're in September.
    Enjoy!

cinnamony wrote: »

Oh that's such a good film ! Enjoy and don't forget to report back let us know what you think of it ! :)

Just booked the Christmas santa trail with the clanard hotel ! Christmas is officially on its way people !! :D

• Advertisement

Rathwood and Santa magical trail with the clanard hotel went live yesterday for bookings ! Tried to post yesterday. Even the boards website was so excited that it kept doubling the message haha

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement