Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Rathwood and Santa magical trail with the clanard hotel went live yesterday for bookings ! Tried to post yesterday. Even the boards website was so excited that it kept doubling the message haha

We booked amber springs Santa train yesterday, the whole country went into Christmas mode overdrive it seems!! Took what seemed like forever to book, kept crashing and doubling/trebleing the ticket order. Eventually got them, yayyy!!!!! Christmas has officially started for me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

amor3 wrote: »
    We booked amber springs Santa train yesterday, the whole country went into Christmas mode overdrive it seems!! Took what seemed like forever to book, kept crashing and doubling/trebleing the ticket order. Eventually got them, yayyy!!!!! Christmas has officially started for me :-)

I think every website had issues yesterday except rathwood ! Same here with mine when I tried to book and with christmas being at the weekend this year I think people were more anxious to get slots they needed for work etc.
    One step closer to christmas now ! We can sit back knowing it's all booked and sorted ! :) I felt like opening a tin of Celebrations after I booked it lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Beechmount Garden Centre in Navan are beavering away behind the scenes getting their Christmas stuff sorted, so the lady there told me today. The focus on boutique decoration brands, some of which I hadn't heard of so I'll be hotfooting it in there as soon as.... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Debenhams is definitely getting ready for Christmas! Lots of foodie gifts.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,564 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooooh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 yulenka4

Debenhams is definitely getting ready for Christmas! Lots of foodie gifts.

thanks for posting the pic 😊 is that debenhams in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

The Late Late Toy Show has just being mentioned!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

The Late Late Toy Show has just being mentioned!

Did they confirm the date of December 2nd?

yulenka4 wrote: »
    thanks for posting the pic 😊 is that debenhams in Dublin?

Yeah, Blanchardstown.

The weather is awful today. Definitely a day for hot chocolate and Christmas movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

I'm always happier when the weather is like this.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »

I read an article on rte Facebook saying it was confirmed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Loughc wrote: »

Yes Ryan definitely said it was December 2nd.

Feeling super festive today. Have candles and lightes on on fireplace. Raining outside. Fireplace was all cleaned out and sprayed and tidied up during the week so it now has decorative logs and lights in it. Feet up watching a movie with some treats. All we're missing is the festive jim jams :)

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Feeling super festive today. Have candles and lightes on on fireplace. Raining outside. Fireplace was all cleaned out and sprayed and tidied up during the week so it now has decorative logs and lights in it. Feet up watching a movie with some treats. All we're missing is the festive jim jams :)

Sounds lovely. You've motivated me to sort our fireplace out! We can't light a fire in it (and wouldn't if we could - cleaning it out is hassle!) because the inside of it was painted but I've never thought to do anything with it.

I had a delicious hot chocolate this morning in my Christmas mug and started coming up with ideas for pimped up hot chocolate. I'm thinking peanut butter, salted caramel or whiskey.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I had a delicious hot chocolate this morning in my Christmas mug and started coming up with ideas for pimped up hot chocolate. I'm thinking peanut butter, salted caramel or whiskey.

Baileys is delicious in hot chocolate.

Sounds lovely. You've motivated me to sort our fireplace out! We can't light a fire in it (and wouldn't if we could - cleaning it out is hassle!) because the inside of it was painted but I've never thought to do anything with it.

I hate cleaning out a fireplace ! Plus ashes get all over the lanterns and candles I have beside the fire :( so while kids were at school I gave it a good clean out, put some newspapers in a bag stuffed in inside the chimney to stop draft and soot and sprayed the back black. Some large logs sprayed brown and some small net lights or fairy lights draped around logs and done ! Looks so much better !

Come halloween ill put a red glow stick under the logs to look like a fire and witches legs coming down the chimney :)

That hot chocolate sounds amazing ! Let me know how it turns out !!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Has anyone heard of the Luggwoods Christmas experience. Their Santa looks excellent but their website is crap so it's hard to get a feel for actually happens on the experience.
    http://luggwoods.ie/

Not really christmas related but was out walking around some shops the other day and noticed that some of the euro /pound shops seem to be doing a lot of fall themed decorations. Couldn't help but thinking we are becoming more Americanised with our decorations each year.

Ugh, if Irish people start calling it fall, I will be most displeased.

Posy wrote: »
    Ugh, if Irish people start calling it fall, I will be most displeased.

Or worse.. saying happy holidays . I think I'd cry lol

• Advertisement

If someone wishes me happy holidays, they will be getting a punch in the chops!

I could never get the hang of it while in new york for a Christmas trip ! Everyone said happy holidays and id reply merry Christmas and theyd look at me like I had 3 heads.. One guy even stopped me and said no hunni it's happy holidays ... :o I was like eh no im pretty sure it's not hahaha

I dint mind it in America or other places where there are lots of people celebrating different holidays. It's inclusive. I like it.

Oh yeah, it's grand in the USA or if said by Americans. Just don't let it seep into Ireland and we'll be graaand! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I love this post so very very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Thought this was lovely, would love it as a decoration:

14203392_1321295184556015_3981834304427690625_n.jpg?oh=a1349457b45ee9ba62bc75c6440a6e36&oe=5878D3D7

I'm in McDonald's and Merry Christmas (War is over) is playing as I type. :D

I'm in McDonald's and Merry Christmas (War is over) is playing as I type. :D

That's brilliant. Love Christmas music.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

That's brilliant. Love Christmas music.

Ohhh, I can't wait for the shops to start playing Christmas music!

• Advertisement

Ohhh, I can't wait for the shops to start playing Christmas music!

I go to college in NCI in the middle of the IFSC. Sometimes during December you can here Christmas music being played on the street through speakers. It's wonderful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement