Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

I go to college in NCI in the middle of the IFSC. Sometimes during December you can here Christmas music being played on the street through speakers. It's wonderful.

That is wonderful.
    But then again, it's the most wonderful time of the year! 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭DenMan

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I'm in McDonald's and Merry Christmas (War is over) is playing as I type. :D

2 of my favourite things haha. I love hearing Christmas music randomly so uplifting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

*** rant warning !****

Mr glitz and I decided 2 weeks ago we would have a halloween party at our home and invite a few close friends. We very rarely have parties here as I don't like having parties in a house with small/ sleeping children. So one every few years is enough for us :pac: sent out txt invitations to said friends. All replied and confirmed the date bar the exception of one couple.

This couple im mentioning are very showy. He fancies himself a bit of a playboy having dumped his wife and child to run off with a younger girl. He has also had a hot tub installed in his garden which we are all sick of hearing about at this stage ! :p anyway 2 weeks pass no reply from them. Said I'd check in yesterday with his gf who replied with a very snotty message to say they actally had a party planed .. for the same night. However no one was invited or had any knowledge of it. Until yesterday. When they realised that all our mutual friends were going to my party the Sunday night, she actually text me saying as she had already "bought her party supplies "there was no way she could possible cancel hers but would be kind enough to move hers to Saturday night ! ( the night before mine ! And within the hour all my mutual friends had been invited !!

I was fuming. She deliberately moved hers to the day before mine, knowing that there was no way people would come to mine hung over for a second party the day before halloween! What annoyed me the most is that she claims to have planned and already bought supplies for a party that no one had been invited to or even any knowledge of !

So Mr glitz and I, being more mature :D have decided to cancel our plans and I'm currently cruising on vista print for fancy invitations for a Christmas party / new years party to which ill be giving her her invitation at her halloween party. The upside of this is I finally get my fancy christmas party at home ! :D

Loughc wrote: »
    2 of my favourite things haha. I love hearing Christmas music randomly so uplifting.

I had an egg mc muffin the other day for the first time in about 3 years and it was glorious ! :) forgot how good they were ! No christmas music though :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I had an egg mc muffin the other day for the first time in about 3 years and it was glorious ! :) forgot how good they were ! No christmas music though :(

I've never had one. Must try them.

So when can us Boardsies expect our invites for the Christmas party?

kitten_k wrote: »
    I've never had one. Must try them.

So when can us Boardsies expect our invites for the Christmas party?

Omg I litterly forgot how much I loved them until I had one again :) you should try one kitten k! I doubt it's anyway healthy but it's sooo nice !

As soon as a suitable invitation design has been picked of course :) it's cheered me right up flicking through all the lovely Christmas images !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

Glitzgirl, keep the party on the day you said and see who your ls really are.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Glitzgirl, keep the party on the day you said and see who your ls really are.

I won't lie I thought about it jude ! But it's an unfair situation to put my friends in so ill conceded with good (ish) grace :pac: although everyone has noted how childish it was to have their party on the day before mine :) at least I'm not the only one who noticed :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

Blow them away with your Christmas bash. Also go to the Halloween one dressed in a Christmas theme.

Also, to echo Kitten_K it may be difficult to get an invite to me.

"Christmas Nut, Sand Dune 2, the Desert"

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Blow them away with your Christmas bash. Also go to the Halloween one dressed in a Christmas theme.

Also, to echo Kitten_K it may be difficult to get an invite to me.

"Christmas Nut, Sand Dune 2, the Desert"

I like the costume idea! Thanks for the inspo jude ! Hahaha well I never laughed as hard at your address lol :pac: ill draw a diagram on the envelope.it seemed to work for the guy who had a letter delivered to a farmer in the middle of nowhere ! Past the rock wall and the donkey in the field hahah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

All the talk of Christmas music on here has me reminiscing if that is the correct word I am looking for about the year me and a work colleague I was on work placement he was covering maternity leave started singing Christmas songs at work stood up facing one of the cctv cameras in the shop and sang songs into it. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall in the office that day. Ah memories

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I was in Ikea today and wondered when the Christmas tree season starts there? Anyone get a tree there?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I was in Tesco earlier and they had the tubs of sweets for €7 and they had a good few gift sets!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

396507.jpg

Tayto Crispmas shop at Arnotts from November 5 to December 24.

Shoppers will be able to feast on Tayto crisp sandwiches as they get in the holiday spirit, with the dapper spud himself sure to make an occasional appearance.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/food-drink-news/mr-taytos-pop-up-shop-8791130

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So these are back in the shops,

i3t1s8.jpg

I'm pretty certain theyre dusted in crack they taste so good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

i3t1s8.jpg

Your trying to make us fat before Christmas :p:p

Your trying to make us fat before Christmas :p:p

Blame Tesco they sucked me in haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Christmas Decorations are hitting the shelves in Dealz. It starts earlier every year...moan moan moan. So what! Ya gotta plan!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

i3t1s8.jpg

So you have eaten them?

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    So you have eaten them?

Done in dusted. They were amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Christmas has definitely arrived in Tesco :D
    396580.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Cooking Christmas with Matt and Lisa on until 2.30 on Food Network, Sky 250!! Soooo christmassy!

Just bought a Fitbit today does anyone here use one? Looking to stay motivated and on track before Christmas so I need to have fellow boardies to keep me on track haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Just bought a Fitbit today does anyone here use one? Looking to stay motivated and on track before Christmas so I need to have fellow boardies to keep me on track haha.

In the fitness forum there is a fitbit thread where you can join a group and log your daily steps against each other. I can't link to it here as I'm on mobile

In the fitness forum there is a fitbit thread where you can join a group and log your daily steps against each other. I can't link to it here as I'm on mobile

That's exactly what I'm looking for. See I knew ye guys would be the perfect ones to ask! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I gave a friend her Christmas pressie last night and she opened it. :) we don't see each other all that often and I was excited about giving it so said feck it, I will start early. So first gift of the season; gifted.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:

I do! I do!
    My record is over 20 000 steps in a day.
    Now, go try to beat that!
    That's your motivation, right there. 😊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I do! I do!
    My record is over 20 000 steps in a day.
    Now, go try to beat that!
    That's your motivation, right there. 😊

Sorry French Girl, my best daily records is 31,000. That's the one to beat😀😀

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement