Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PM me if ye want to add me as a friend on Fitbit. Be handy to have someone to compete against haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Loughc wrote: »
    PM me if ye want to add me as a friend on Fitbit. Be handy to have someone to compete against haha.

Sorry Loughc but I use the Polar Loop so it's not compatible. Good luck though, you'll be in great shape by Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Cork Lass wrote:
    Sorry French Girl, my best daily records is 31,000. That's the one to beat😀😀

OMG!!!
    OK, Cork Lass, please, take a bow.
    Wow, wow, wow! That is beyond impressive!

I go hide now...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Is it just me or has the winter weather/evenings just crept in overnight? The weather was awful last night and the evenings are much shorter now.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Is it just me or has the winter weather/evenings just crept in overnight? The weather was awful last night and the evenings are much shorter now.

Haven't noticed it myself, but then I'm on holidays in a sunny country. :pac: I saw a Santa sticker on the wall of a building yesterday and the restaurant we ate in last night had baubles on the ceiling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Definitely has! I'm finding I even need to turn on all the kitchen lights in the morning while the boys are eating their breakfast as it's become so dark and dull :)

Haven't noticed it myself, but then I'm on holidays in a sunny country. :pac: I saw a Santa sticker on the wall of a building yesterday and the restaurant we ate in last night had baubles on the ceiling.

Nope, not jealous at all, nope, not one bit, nope, nada, ziltch.

Oh looking it's beginning to rain again.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

I lit the fire :)

Heres a story that will give you a bit of a giggle. ! I'm sure my elves will completely understand however :p

Mr glitz the lovely man that he is unexpectedly announced that he would sit down with me one evening when the kids go to sleep to discuss and plan in detail a battle plan for Christmas prep. Everything from shopping to decorations to the main event itself! :D

This was obviously a totally unexpected and out of the blur gesture by Mr glitz who hates organising and talking and christmas haha but I jumped at it and nearly took his hand off to accept his offer .

The night in question comes , I am bouncing up and down with excitement, kids are asleep and mr glitz manages to keep his composure when he says "right let's get this over with , where do you wanna start?" And I casually walk over to a drawer and pull out a big christmas binder with "the Robinson family christmas planner " on it and start reading through every thing I have on a week by week basis from Sept prep to December sales ! Poor mr glitz' expression went from amused to horrified as I read. And he not so causally asked so how long have you had this up your sleeve ? To which I said oh only about 8 years. How do you think I've organised christmas single handed every year sure !? :pac:

I asked was there anything he wanted to add to it. He said nope you have it all covered. You have a problem. And I still get brownie points for this conversation without having to do any work !! :p

Moral of the story next time don't reveal the binder !!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Heres a story that will give you a bit of a giggle. ! I'm sure my elves will completely understand however :p

Mr glitz the lovely man that he is unexpectedly announced that he would sit down with me one evening when the kids go to sleep to discuss and plan in detail a battle plan for Christmas prep. Everything from shopping to decorations to the main event itself! :D

This was obviously a totally unexpected and out of the blur gesture by Mr glitz who hates organising and talking and christmas haha but I jumped at it and nearly took his hand off to accept his offer .

The night in question comes , I am bouncing up and down with excitement, kids are asleep and mr glitz manages to keep his composure when he says "right let's get this over with , where do you wanna start?" And I casually walk over to a drawer and pull out a big christmas binder with "the Robinson family christmas planner " on it and start reading through every thing I have on a week by week basis from Sept prep to December sales ! Poor mr glitz' expression went from amused to horrified as I read. And he not so causally asked so how long have you had this up your sleeve ? To which I said oh only about 8 years. How do you think I've organised christmas single handed every year sure !? :pac:

I asked was there anything he wanted to add to it. He said nope you have it all covered. You have a problem. And I still get brownie points for this conversation without having to do any work !! :p

Moral of the story next time don't reveal the binder !!!! :D

Great story yes I got a giggle out of it. I needed that giggle.

• Advertisement

lycan238 wrote: »
    Great story yes I got a giggle out of it. I needed that giggle.

:) the poor man thinks I'm cracked lol

:) the poor man thinks I'm cracked lol

He may think you're cracked but we think you're a cracker!! Love your posts!

He may think you're cracked but we think you're a cracker!! Love your posts!

See I knew you guys would understand ! :p thanks Loughc im off to remind him im a steal hahah he should be grateful for my obsessive prepping :) this thread always picks me right up such a lovely bunch of guys and girls :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

You always give me a giggle glitz ☺

amor3 wrote: »
    You always give me a giggle glitz ☺

Thanks amor :) have a great day ! One day closer to christmas !! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

So these are back in the shops,

i3t1s8.jpg

I'm pretty certain theyre dusted in crack they taste so good.

MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE!!!

I love seeing my news feed on fb fill up with craft shops reminding you to book your orders and how busy they are getting ! A few homeware and textile shops are taking deposits on Christmas bedding and linens and carraig donn had a small selection of christmas stuff out.

Although it is kind of scary how quickly this year went! It litterly feels like a few weeks ago I was walking through the shops looking at Christmas decorations and getting ready for the toy show :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had a few days off for Eid over so I went on my first ski lesson, it was very christmassy. I kept humming and singing one liners from Christmas tunes and Mrs Jude kept saying I would ruin christmas but they still got stuck in her head. Threw my first snwo ball of 2016, instructer was not happy.

Am so tempted to do this but think I would get strange looks from my housemate:

14344215_10208961619174950_5693566927110158746_n.jpg?oh=79c835c37163ba525048d76ccc78e5af&oe=58771789

• Advertisement

Omg I litterly forgot how much I loved them until I had one again :) you should try one kitten k! I doubt it's anyway healthy but it's sooo nice !

As soon as a suitable invitation design has been picked of course :) it's cheered me right up flicking through all the lovely Christmas images !

Ok so I had a sausage & egg mc muffin this morning - yummy!!

kitten_k wrote: »
    Ok so I had a sausage & egg mc muffin this morning - yummy!!

Ah stop kitten your making me hungry now !!! They are a lovely treat aren't they !? :)

Well I am sooo excited I just had to share. As most of you know I work from home and I've just had my first christmas booking of 2016 :D i don't know who was more excited myself or the client :pac:

I also booked all my own hair and beauty appointments for halloween /christmas yesterday so feeling super festive. I may even have watched Arthur Christmas today while I cleaned my sitting room ... :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I've just bought a bottle of Baileys and some goats cheese, parma ham and brown bread. Once S goes to sleep I'm going to break out the jar of fig compote I've been saving since Christmas and make my special Christmas toasty and a hot chocolate with Baileys. If only I'd been able to find some florentines, it would be the perfect Christmas supper.

iguana wrote: »
    I've just bought a bottle of Baileys and some goats cheese, parma ham and brown bread. Once S goes to sleep I'm going to break out the jar of fig compote I've been saving since Christmas and make my special Christmas toasty and a hot chocolate with Baileys. If only I'd been able to find some florentines, it would be the perfect Christmas supper.

Please send some my way!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Not strictly Christmassy but in Penneys yesterday and they have all their fleece pyjamas and hats and scarves in! Yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Saw this on FB just now and I think it's a super idea.

13626646_1330939610269263_2572667897623870685_n.jpg?oh=db03824e2f7b5126a2b0e05c2140bf4d&oe=583907B3

I seen this on my feed too and thought it was a lovely idea. It actually got me thinking of the Christmas shoe boxes. I love doing them every year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 yulenka4

I love seeing my news feed on fb fill up with craft shops reminding you to book your orders and how busy they are getting ! A few homeware and textile shops are taking deposits on Christmas bedding and linens and carraig donn had a small selection of christmas stuff out.

Although it is kind of scary how quickly this year went! It litterly feels like a few weeks ago I was walking through the shops looking at Christmas decorations and getting ready for the toy show :(

Loved your 'binder' story. Your hilarious.
    Could ya give me the name of one or two of these shops doing the christmas bedding, I can never seem to find any.
    Big thanks x

• Advertisement

yulenka4 wrote: »
    Loved your 'binder' story. Your hilarious.
    Could ya give me the name of one or two of these shops doing the christmas bedding, I can never seem to find any.
    Big thanks x

Check out m and m textiles in naas they deliver too they have a fab range. Guineys in Dublin had some lovely kids ones in double too but they weren't on the site yesterday (last time I looked :p ) hope this helps :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement