Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

Arnotts Christmas shop opened today. Never been to this, must have a look

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Arnotts Christmas shop opened today. Never been to this, must have a look

I never to there was one.

Is this on Henry Street?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

100 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

100 DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS!!!

Oh!! That means tomorrow we are in double digits ! :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I think I made a mistake in cracking open the fig compote so soon. In the last 36 hours I've eaten it for supper, breakfast, supper and breakfast and now it's nearly all gone but I'm still craving it. I hope Lidl get it back in soon.

In non Christmassy news, I've discovered that the area where I spread my compost a few months ago has become a pumpkin patch. The seeds from last years pumpkin sprouted and have grown into a huge vine with loads of small pumpkins budding and one that's grown enough to be recognisable as a pumpkin. (We've been debating what the plant is for the last 2 months and now we know.) We're going to have quite the pumpkin display on the porch this Halloween. :)

• Advertisement

Glitzgirl wrote:
    Oh!! That means tomorrow we are in double digits !

Yes!!!
    Is it too early to start decorating? ðŸ˜

Yes!!!
    Is it too early to start decorating? ðŸ˜

Never ! :D I bought a little star wars tree decoration and some star wars baubles for mini glitz tree from dealz today :)

iguana wrote: »
    (We've been debating what the plant is for the last 2 months and now we know.) We're going to have quite the pumpkin display on the porch this Halloween. :)

wow iguana your some person for one person!! I never even knew you could grow your own pumpkin! I'd love to try that I always find shop bought pumpkins so small :(

Saying that I currently am replacing my little tree on the porch ( those green crested little trees) this is actually my 8th one ... apparently my love kills things :p especially plants hahaha I have high hopes for number 9 though ! :pac:

Glitzgirl wrote:
    Never ! I bought a little star wars tree decoration and some star wars baubles for mini glitz tree from dealz today

Have to get me to Dealz ASAP.

Are there lots of decorations out already?
    Haven't been yet and I'm dying to go as I buy lots of cute bits and pieces for Christmas in Dealz every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

We just went to Dealz to see the decorations. Didn't buy anything but it was so exciting! They have loads out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We just went to Dealz to see the decorations. Didn't buy anything but it was so exciting! They have loads out.

What store were they in?

What store were they in?

Blanch.

Have to get me to Dealz ASAP.

Are there lots of decorations out already?
    Haven't been yet and I'm dying to go as I buy lots of cute bits and pieces for Christmas in Dealz every year.

It was mostly star wars themed to be honest! Although they had some cute bits like a some christmas hanging signs a good selection of sweets out and cards :) mine local stores are newbridge /athy/ naas they onlu started putting out stuff a day or two ago !

Glitzgirl wrote:
    It was mostly star wars themed to be honest! Although they had some cute bits like a some christmas hanging signs a good selection of sweets out and cards mine local stores are newbridge /athy/ naas they onlu started putting out stuff a day or two ago !

OK, thank you.
    I might wait a while before I pop into any of Dublin's stores.

BTW, I just spent an entire afternoon looking at all kinds of Christmas pics on Instagram.
    I'm all Christmased up! ðŸ˜

Ordered myself a nice new winter coat ;) sure didnt i clear out my wardrobe so I had the space to fill ;) :pac: have yet to break the news to Mr glitz lol

Somebody has just tweeted: "100 days until Christmas, time to put the lights up!"

Made me smile! 😊

Dealz in Blanch had loads of decorations. There were on both sides of the aisle. I was surprised but it was great.

I went to Inspiring Ideas too and while I was looking at ribbon I noticed that they have a whole Christmas ribbon stand.

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    It was mostly star wars themed to be honest!
    STAR WARS CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!!!! S is asking for a Star Wars toy from Santa, so i know what I'll be buying lots of!! Woo.
    wow iguana your some person for one person!! I never even knew you could grow your own pumpkin! I'd love to try that I always find shop bought pumpkins so small :(

Seriously it was a complete fluke. The pumpkin seeds were thrown into the household compost last year when i scooped it out for carving. And they must have started to grow in the spring once I spread the compost. We noticed some potatoes growing where I'd spread compost and then a new plant appeared and we were debating whether it was melon or cucumber as the buds had a melon/cucumber look. Last night we saw what we thought was a big water melon but my dad pointed out the stalk on top and said he was sure it was a pumpkin. So I looked up pumpkin plants and that's exactly what it is. They start out green and only turn orange when they ripen. I have to go out this weekend and put boards under any of the ones on the ground, so they don't rot. And hopefully, we'll have some pumpkins in a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Check out m and m textiles in naas they deliver too they have a fab range. Guineys in Dublin had some lovely kids ones in double too but they weren't on the site yesterday (last time I looked :p ) hope this helps :)

I second M&M textiles in Naas. They are in Monasterevan too. Got a full set of Christmas bedding there last year. Two singles for the daughters bunk beds and a double for the bed of love!

I got distracted last night and forgot to mention that Penneys are stocking Christmas lollies and Malteaser Reindeer. And on the bus home last night we went past a hardware store that had all lit up Christmas trees in the window.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I got distracted last night and forgot to mention that Penneys are stocking Christmas lollies and Malteaser Reindeer. And on the bus home last night we went past a hardware store that had all lit up Christmas trees in the window.

Christmas trees in the window already?! :-O

leahyl wrote: »
    Christmas trees in the window already?! :-O

Yeah. Even I was a bit :eek: If I'd been walking past I'd have taken a photo.

Aw man, I was just in Penneys. :( I did get to talk to the sales assistant about Christmas though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just heard the Smyth's catalogue is out now!

14368657_10157516661950074_5727728845675669381_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=47a047c56074655a6ad772ace31e18a7&oe=58741647

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

99 days to go people!! We have hit the double digits!!! Things are really beginning to ramp up now. Very exciting!!! :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I can't believe we're on double digits! It is so exciting, eek!! :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

It's great 99days!!!. You can also feel the weather changing.

STAR WARS CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS!!!! S is asking for a Star Wars toy from Santa, so i know what I'll be buying lots of!! Woo. .

Definitely worth the trip then if you have a star wars fan ! I got a lovely round ornament for mini glitz christmas tree that says merry force be with you with darth vader on it ! Not my kinda thing at all but he will go crazy for it !

Smyths have 20% off too this weekend until Monday ! Seen someone post about the catalogue being out. Think argos 3 for 2 is starting Wednesday or Thursday ! Another one to mark off the list !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Definite nip in the air. And I had a hot chocolate after a walk yesterday. It begins!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement