Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

ATTENTION, ATTENTION!
    This is not a drill.

In EXACTLY 3 MONTHS time it's CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    FOOD NETWORK

Showing Christmas cooking programs all morning :D

I'm watching too love it

ATTENTION, ATTENTION!
    This is not a drill.

In EXACTLY 3 MONTHS time it's CHRISTMAS DAY!!!!!!!!!!

I am only back on boards the past week I've had a very hard 2016 I lost someone very dear to me, my dear aunt godmother it would give her a laugh that I'm back in here she called you all the boardies and she knew it was because we loved Christmas so much

OMG I didn't realise !!! Love it, went for walk in the Phoenix Park this morning it was fab, home now watching the Food Network, Pub Dinner later

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

SarahLil wrote:
    I am only back on boards the past week I've had a very hard 2016 I lost someone very dear to me, my dear aunt godmother it would give her a laugh that I'm back in here she called you all the boardies and she knew it was because we loved Christmas so much

SarahLil wrote:
    OMG I didn't realise !!! Love it, went for walk in the Phoenix Park this morning it was fab, home now watching the Food Network, Pub Dinner later

Stay strong, SarahLil and I'm sure you'll be okay now that you're back on the most cheerful thread on Boards!

I'm watching The Polar Express this morning.
    Yay!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So sorry to hear of your loss SarahLil. We're all here for you and I'm hope the festive mood here will help you through your difficult time.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Argos Christmas guide available online.

https://twitter.com/argosireland_pr/status/778971226249330689

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

We went to test out bikes this morning so we know what one to ask santa for, loved doing that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Just watching The Dead on TV now. It's something I always watch and read over the Christmas period so feeling a little bit festive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

SarahLil wrote: »

So sorry to hear about your loss. I lost my grandmother last October it has been a hard year alright. This is as another poster mentioned the most cheerful place on boards.

Thanks lads and ladies my aunt was like my mother she lived with myself and my mam all my life it was all very sudden she fought to the end
    I know it's inevitable it's something we all have to go through, I really appreciate your comments, this forum really is great

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I put my heavy duvet on the bed this week and couldn't resist throwing on my gorgeous flannel Christmas duvet cover. Santas and pressies on one side and reindeer and polka dots on the other.

My bed is a happy place.

The company I work for have just finished filming their Christmas TV adverts. Exciting to think that right now, our favorites Christmas ads could be being filmed.

Won't be long before the ads will hit our tv screens.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Loughc wrote: »
    The company I work for have just finished filming their Christmas TV adverts. Exciting to think that right now, our favorites Christmas ads could be being filmed.

I love when the Christmas ads start. The proper ads generally start on the first of November. With the Coca-Cola ad and John Lewis ads airing around mid November.
    In early October you might see ads for DFS saying order Now for Christmas delivery and their might be a tree in the background. The Glade air freshener/ scented candles can also be Christmasy. I've also noticed a lot of toy ads on lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I started a new job and I've already seen a few things I can do in the run up to Christmas! :D

I started a new job and I've already seen a few things I can do in the run up to Christmas! :D

Congrats on the new job, very exciting!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Tesco had the Air Wick electric wax melter on offer today, "Mulled Wine By The Fire", couldn't resist. Going to try to save it for Christmas but making no promises!!!

I was in town tonight and Lidl has their Christmas food out. Nothing really stood out as being new. (Maybe a few little changes)Tesco had a few things out. I think I saw a few new Lindt things and I got a bar of Quality Street Honeycomb to try. Aldi were putting out their frozen turkeys/birds roasts as well.
    It really gets me excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

We decided today that we will be staying home for Christmas this year. It'll be the first year I won't be going to the parents house and it's a bit sad, mainly because I know my dad will be sad about it. At the same time, our boy will be just 2 and we want to start our own traditions. Fire lit and PJ's all day will be among them. Not sure how I'm feeling. Excited but like I'm letting people down a bit too I guess.

Anyway, only one meat eater in the house, so considering an M&S turkey crown. Might go the while hog and get the prepared veggies too to make the day as easy and lazy as possible. How is the quality does anybody know?

I think I saw a few new Lindt things and I got a bar of Quality Street Honeycomb to try. Aldi were putting out their frozen turkeys/birds roasts as well.
    It really gets me excited!

Let us know what the honeycomb bar is like. I'm dying to try it.
    Whispered wrote: »
    We decided today that we will be staying home for Christmas this year. It'll be the first year I won't be going to the parents house and it's a bit sad, mainly because I know my dad will be sad about it. At the same time, our boy will be just 2 and we want to start our own traditions. Fire lit and PJ's all day will be among them. Not sure how I'm feeling. Excited but like I'm letting people down a bit too I guess.

We had Christmas at our house two years ago. It was my first Christmas not going to my parents house. Like you I had mixed feelings there was excitement and sadness I won't lie. But it's nice making your own traditions as well. And you'll have the added excitement of having a two year old on Christmas morning.

Embrace the change of routine and really stamp down the traditions and things you want to do.

• Advertisement

Let us know what the honeycomb bar is like. I'm dying to try it.

I was disappointed with it. I was expecting it to be a solid bar of chocolate with little pieces of Honeycomb through it. The bar had a light layer of chocolate with a Honeycomb filling with Honeycomb pieces. I won't be rushing out to buy another bar!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I was in Lidl yesterday too and saw a lot of the Christmas food in. I bought a gingerbread house kit as often closer to Christmas you can only find broken ones. (No sign of the fig compote yet.) I also went into The Range and spent a good ten minutes looking at the Christmas displays, especially the animatronic Christmas villages. S has been planning to go ice-skating ever since he saw them.

Littlewoods Christmas decorations, their is a few things that are expensive but their nice!

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/home-garden/christmas-decorations/e/b/102379.end

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've been dying to post this all day! I was on Twitter today in work (actually working, it's part of my job!) and I saw this. A 10 week Christmas course! It looks amazing. I wish I had the money to do it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

As if any of us need a course. :rolleyes:

Okay, I would actually LOVE to do that if I lived anywhere near there. :D

"I have my wrapping practical next week before we begin the Advanced Bunting Module..."

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

Littlewoods Christmas decorations, their is a few things that are expensive but their nice!

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/home-garden/christmas-decorations/e/b/102379.end

Offline for me

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

This forum should be closed until mid/late November!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

This forum should be closed until mid/late November!!!

I know, it sucks how they make you read and post on it. But really you're going the right way of getting a bag of coal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

Jude13 wrote: »
    I know, it sucks how they make you read and post on it. But really you're going the right way of getting a bag of coal.

I'll be getting it early by the looks of it. Yay!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement