Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Tesco have snow bites in stock now!!

If you love your chocolate these are SERIOUSLY ADDICTIVE!!

I love them!

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265299902

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Loughc wrote: »
    Tesco have snow bites in stock now!!

If you love your chocolate these are SERIOUSLY ADDICTIVE!!

I love them!

http://www.tesco.com/groceries/Product/Details/?id=265299902

Omg I absolutely love these and they are half price! Super!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Came across this site this morning, althought it's a UK site there's still some good bits on it, I quiet like the 12 Ads of Christmas 2012 and the run up to Christmas 2012.

http://www.christmasuk.org/

I gave in today and bought the Elf fleece. I am going to look like a fool, but I do not care. At least I made my small people laugh when I jumped round a corner at them! (They were laughing WITH me not AT!)....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    I gave in today and bought the Elf fleece. I am going to look like a fool, but I do not care. At least I made my small people laugh when I jumped round a corner at them! (They were laughing WITH me not AT!)....

Pic! Pic! Pic! :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,513 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's the month after next!:D

washiskin wrote: »
    Pic! Pic! Pic! :D:D:D

Lol!!! And the carry on when I tried to upload poor ol Buddy invading the Princess Castle! I'm traumatized! :D:D:D

It's the month after next!:D

Happy October everyone! What a horrible start to the month!

Couch, takeaway (and Snow Bites), fire and tv with my gf are in order tonight!

Looking forward to seeing the back of this month, the quicker October is out of the way the quicker the real countdown begins! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Once Halloween is over then it is nearly christmas \o/
    Nearly time to light the fire too,I love a nice open fire and the smell of turf and wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Where we live (middle of nowhere) they are mad for their turf. It's the main source of fuel, a lot of my neighbours have NEVER burnt coal! EVER! Ya, I was shocked too. But they think I'm mad.... I treat us to a couple of bags of turf at Christmas....just for the smell. I usually try not to switch on the lights, or walk pass the fireplace when the fire is burning turf, for fear of quenching it!!! It always looks so delicate! A dream to sweep up after though! Turf in our house = Christmas is close.

Anyone else notice all the Christmas goodies in Lidls?

• Advertisement

I have a Halloween decoration up! A single, discreet one. But its up......I love Halloween too, its a practice run for the Big Event.

I have a Halloween decoration up! A single, discreet one. But its up......I love Halloween too, its a practice run for the Big Event.

I used to love it as a child but now it interferes with my Christmas plans, also it's not "socially acceptable" to talk about Christmas until November so naturally I blame Halloween for stopping me talking about Christmas haha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

I just bought some great Hallowe'en decorations today and I plan to put them up tonight now that it's October :D

I love it as it marks the start of the festive period. Once Halloween is over, you're officially allowed to talk Christmas. We have a huge party for the kids on Halloween night where I try out my new cake recipes for Christmas! and my family pull the names for our Kris Kringle and we organise dates for Santa visits, pantos and other Xmas events! I'm the nominated party organiser for my family, be it Halloween or Christmas. (S(elf) nominated I might add :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Christmasmum

Love2love and Mayo gurl, I'm right behind ya both there, love halloween in this house. It does feel like a practice run for Christmas!
    Homestore&more have all there halloween deccies gone half price from today for this month, will have to get there soon for a look.
    We bought loadsa decorations from them last year so I really shouldnt be buying too much ;)
    Its all eating into the Christmas budget!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

NOOOOO this is the Christmas forum - no mentioning of Halloween allowed! :D

Its my DD's birthday today. She just got a message via FB from our Elf, Buddy. Herself and her little buddies nearly lost their little lives ♥

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭AshAdele

For any one that likes cooking river cottage have started their countdown for Christmas.
    they will be posting new recipes every week!

http://www.rivercottage.net/christmas-2013/12-weeks-to-go/

2013 Toy Show - Application Form
    This year The Toy Show will take place on November 29th. Ticket applications will close November 11th, only successful candidates will be contacted by email.

I know I'm decreasing my chances by sharing the link but if I don't win tickets I'd love any of my fellow elves from here to win some! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Bit of a disaster. Have fallen out with someone who's a big part of my Christmas :( Don't want to go into too much detail here as I suspect they know my username. Suffice it to say there are two stubborn individuals involved who both think they're as right as can be. *sigh*

Christmas disaster!

2013 Toy Show - Application Form

I know I'm decreasing my chances by sharing the link but if I don't win tickets I'd love any of my fellow elves from here to win some! :)

Good of you to share, but am I the only person here who absolutely hates the Toy Show? Please don't disown me.....:o

• Advertisement

Good of you to share, but am I the only person here who absolutely hates the Toy Show? Please don't disown me.....:o

:eek::eek:

leahyl wrote: »

LOL!!! I'm dead serious leahyl. T'was never the same once they did away with Sindy dolls :D I can only watch it with the help of alcohol and chocolate...

leahyl wrote: »

First Halloween and now this!! We must speak to Posy about her policy on Forum bans! :P :P :pac:

Ok, Ok, I'll quit the dirty chat! :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

mud wrote: »
    Bit of a disaster. Have fallen out with someone who's a big part of my Christmas :( Don't want to go into too much detail here as I suspect they know my username. Suffice it to say there are two stubborn individuals involved who both think they're as right as can be. *sigh*

Christmas disaster!

Ah Mud..... If there anything to be learnt by Christmas movies is that the magic of Christmas can solve any problem. Whether you're home alone, in love with your best friend's new wife, you lost your job and possibly your home or you've a big green creature trying to steal Christmas. All you have to do is....BELIEVE!!

But seriously, there's loads of time to patch things up :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

First Halloween and now this!! We must speak to Posy about her policy on Forum bans! :P :P :pac:
    I don't even watch the Toy Show. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I don't watch the toy show either. Not sure if I just got too old, or the host and stupid children they put on it got more annoying :p Plus the guaranteed jedward appearance is enough to put anyone off!

LOL!!! I'm dead serious leahyl. T'was never the same once they did away with Sindy dolls :D I can only watch it with the help of alcohol and chocolate...

How do you think the rest of us get through it??! :-p head over to the television forum when it's on - the funniest thread ever on there every year for the toyshow!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Aww mud:( hopefully the spirit of christmas iwns out and 2 stubborn people make up.

I love the toy show:)hopefully my 4 year old stays awake to watch it with me this year.

Do you remember the year they had the tv news reader htink it was Ann Dunne do a UFO report at the start?

• Advertisement

I remember the tv forum last year, I was weak laughing - might have been helped by the liquor! I think its the host that puts me off and the extra-cheeky kids on it :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement