Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Loughc wrote: »
    Ilikewaffles is going to be taking a month break from the forum. So let's leave all this too early talk behind us and get on with the busy build up period! :)

Is a month enough :P

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

He can have another month if it's not. :)

I need to get a present for my best friend this week. I'm starting to panic and cannot believe that it's almost October!

I also really want waffles now. :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

How is Saturday the 1st of October?? Ahhhh!!!

I'M NOT READY FOR OCTOBER YET!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I saw these at Aldi tonight, I know HB did them before but can't remember them in Aldi!

14481925_1289067667793124_6311784583638399882_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    How is Saturday the 1st of October?? Ahhhh!!!

What!!! Christmas is creeping upon us. This year has flew in,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Elf Factor!! :D I love it.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/watch-hopefuls-in-good-spirits-at-elf-factor-auditions-for-fota-island-resorts-christmas-experience-422211.html

I want to be a judge for this. "You sound like an elf, you look like an elf"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

You leave for a few days and come back to read through loads of missed threads about waffles and months long holidays :pac: you've been busy elves !!

I couldn't believe when I read that Saturday was October the 1st !!!! Where has it gone.?! :o

I've been super busy here work is gettin very busy, I haven't even started deco for halloween or any of the crafts I wanted to try frim pinterest , but I have started picking you some tubs of sweets and biscuits ;) priorities hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

Santa was Irish (ish)

"Original Santa Claus
    On O’Donnell’s land, he tells guided tours, lies the remains of a “lost town”. He also explains to visitors it contains the tomb of St Nicholas – the original Santa Claus – as believed by local historians."

Source: Irish Times 29 Sept 16 "Building a tourism brand in Ireland’s Ancient East" article

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Seems quiet on here today. Anyway I am posting here looking for some festive advice. I recently joined my local Toastmasters group and advised them last night that at the final meeting in October I wish to be topicsmaster. This role involves asking members to speak for up to 2 minutes on a chosen topic or about a chosen prop. The former topics I am fine with but its the props I am looking for advice on. I want to get something festive like that is cheap and cheerful preferably upcycled from common household objects and I wish to hear members advice on my query. Work away folks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

My nephew had a birthday recently and he used his birthday money to buy a Lego advent calendar. I'm so proud. :D He also watched a Smyths Christmas ad on a loop on YouTube today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

:-D

Oooh good spot.

Yay Christmas lights!

Is the Boots star gift just a Christmas thing? Because I just got an email about this week's star gift.

Also there are 4 or 5 Christmas things on the Penneys website.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I just spotted boxes of mince pies in Dunnes a few minutes ago :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Not long in from my son's birthday party..

Presents and wrapping paper all over the sitting room floor, I'm in my Christmas pyjamas having a glass of wine, all that's missing is a Christmas tree in the corner to complete the evening!!

We have our traditional moaning thread over in After Hours!

A bunch of scrooge's they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Walking down Grafton Street this evening, saw a man wearing a Christmas jumper!!

• Advertisement

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Walking down Grafton Street this evening, saw a man wearing a Christmas jumper!!

It wasn't me I swear!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I was in The Range again today picking up craft supplies for S's birthday cake topper and they've really filled the place with Christmassy stuff. It's amazing. I was feeling so happy walking about, listening to the Christmas music whenever S pressed a music making decoration.

I'm also very tempted to buy a snow machine. Can you imagine keeping it as a surprise and setting it off in the garden on Christmas eve/morning? It would be so super!

Wow a snow machine would be amazing!!

We should get a snow machine for the forum! *pelts Loughc with snowball*

We got a turkey crown in Aldi tonight and we're going to have it on Sunday with bread stuffing, potato stuffing, bread sauce and I found a box of Christmas crackers as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Was flicking through the tv stations while having breakfast this morning. True Movies title has now changed over to True Christmas :)

Well, I just found out that my aunt and uncle who moved the america in 2004, are coming back for Christmas this year. The said uncle is a chef to. I have only seen my aunt once since then, and haevn't seen my uncle at all.

This is going to be the best Christma yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

And now "the holiday" is on telly... best non Christmas, Christmas night ever!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Every year we get the moany people saying its too early for Christmas , but we never hear anyone moaning in February when the flip flops and bikini's are in the shops saying "it's too early for summer !

• Advertisement

I agree. People moaning that it's too early for Christmas, then booking their summer holidays and buying sunglasses and flip flops in January. Double standards!

But that's another forum and they are entitled to their opinion over there. So let's move on and concentrate on the fact that IT'S OCTOBER. :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement