Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It's the month after next!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

True Christmas is up and running. Channel 321 on Sky :-)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I had a brainwave last night and thought that a snow machine would also be perfect entertainment for a child's November birthday party. We could use it every year and never have to worry about hiring magicians or bouncy castles, etc. Buying it would actually be saving money if you think about it. Then having it for Christmas is just a wonderful added bonus.

So fellow elves, do you think that line of argument will convince my husband that I'm not entirely crazy when I buy a snow machine?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Milly33

UUUHhhhhhhh well now normally I do Halloween First but whooopppp I just have a feeling we are going to have a loverly relaxed Christmas this year.. Kinda going to be the first one for us where it will be very quite and may be spent alone for a while but it will be our time..

Anywho go for the Snow Machine fecking great idea.. Just remember to do the research about which one is best and Id say for something like that spending a bit more on it would be worth it.. Didnt get a snow machine but we got a fog machine for halloween in Maplins and tis great.. Best thing ever random party night made all the better with fog machine.. That and those disco lights that you pop into reg lights, mighty yokes..

I have started the christmas list already looking forward to being prepared very early

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

2aikei1.jpg

Time for me to start thinking about Xmas now folks :)

Have two birthdays before then to get out of the way, then straight into the Xmas shopping/planning.

Only have two people to buy for this year thankfully, won't be too difficult, will buy a few bits each week, hopefully be all done by November :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Blas na hÉireann awards are on at the moment and they've just announced a couple of Christmas categories.

https://twitter.com/BlasNahEireann/status/782231620921204736

https://twitter.com/BlasNahEireann/status/782232533727604741

There's a turkey category too, and the cream category had a whiskey cream in it.

https://twitter.com/BlasNahEireann/status/782171051828584448

https://twitter.com/BlasNahEireann/status/782179573207339008

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Thanks for the reminder folks that it is now October. gotta change my Calendars wonder how early I will get them this year. So looking forward to this years Christmas last years just didn't feel right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Die Hard 2 is on E4 now. A Christmas classic.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I love the thread with the countdown to Christmas but I particularly love today's as it's only 12 weeks away. The big day is soon and coming fast!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

My mam gave me a book yesterday:
    "The Christmas book. How to have the best Christmas ever"

It's super!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

amdublin wrote: »
    My mam gave me a book yesterday:
    "The Christmas book. How to have the best Christmas ever"

It's super!

What's in it?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Has anyone looked into getting window projected decorations for Halloween and Christmas? I was thinking about them last week and now I just seen a video about them on Facebook. Hmmmm haha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Loughc wrote: »
    Has anyone looked into getting window projected decorations for Halloween and Christmas? I was thinking about them last week and now I just seen a video about them on Facebook. Hmmmm haha.

That sounds so cool.

That sounds so cool.

This is an example of one.

That's AWESOME!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I'm torn between awesome and creepy. :D

They do turn out quite well. We do it for halloween sometimes, we had Michael Myers in one of the upstairs rooms.. caught a few peoples attention i must say it was quite fun.

Milly33 wrote: »
    They do turn out quite well. We do it for halloween sometimes, we had Michael Myers in one of the upstairs rooms.. caught a few peoples attention i must say it was quite fun.

Where did you get yours Milly?

We himself is a bit of a tec head. So we had our own projector and fliped the image then on it, to project onto the window.. We came across a few sites though that do them I am sure i have them book marked still ill take a look for you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I had my first turkey and ham parcel it was yummy we were at a wedding the weekend and it was the mains I was chuffed when I seen the menu

• Advertisement

I'm torn between awesome and creepy. :D

Yeah, to be fair I'm thinking more of a witch or ghoul for Halloween, where creep is the point. And something more cartoonish for Christmas like a waving snowman so it's less uncanny valley.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Meadows and Byrnes/ Blarney had Christmas stock out at the shop outside Carrick on Suir yesterday. I think I'll hold out for the cheaper throws elsewhere closer to the date though- or hit the sales after Christmas.

http://www.meadowsandbyrne.com/search?q=christmas

I did pick up some of their plain candles though, scented candles make me wheeze and M and B pillar candles last ages( put them into the fridge a day or two before initial lighting and trim the wick when they have burned down a bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

OMG, Loughc, that is brilliant!

Surely that must have been a real Santa inside?
    I swear, I was staring as if I was passing right by that window. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This time next month the Christmas ads will be starting!

This time next month the Christmas ads will be starting!

One of my favourite parts of the build up.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

M and S have 50% off quite a bit, got a good few bits of costume jewelry bits for adding to parcels.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Loughc wrote: »
    What's in it?

Christmas recipes, Christmas decorations, Christmas tips, Christmas jokes, Christmas stories
    etc

It's not the best book tbh. More of a joke from my mam because I am always talking to her about Christmas! :)

If anyone like a little make a do.. Tried a loverly flavoured Poitin drink recently. Coffe and Orange would work great with vodka or even cinammon perhaps.. Would make a nice little side gift for anyone who likes shots

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

In view of the anti Christmas thread on AH is it time to get the (snow) ball rolling about a white Christmas in the weather forum?

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    In view of the anti Christmas thread on AH is it time to get the (snow) ball rolling about a white Christmas in the weather forum?

I love that thread each year haha. Although I manage the odds for a white Christmas is very slim again this year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement