Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    I love that thread each year haha. Although I manage the odds for a white Christmas is very slim again this year.

So you're saying there's a chance? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

Been day dreaming of having the day off today to watch christmas movies, bloody cold. Instead I am googling christmas hampers, some of them are nuts, the wicker hamper they come in must be some unit if they are charging those prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

I love that Christmas eve falls at the weekend this year. Also, I am in the process of moving from weekly to monthly pay. I know that sounds silly and not very Christmas related but it means I can actually budget for Christmas now, and do my shopping at the end of November, instead of having to wait until the last payday in December to do it at the last minute. yay!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Carraig Donn in Jervis Street have a few Christmas items outon the shop floor now, I was in there on Saturday. I also bought a book as part of my dad's Christmas gift, woohoo! I always buy one present early to get started and then most times I forget to keep going with the early shopping, hopefully I'll be better this year, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Cakes, mince pies, stollen etc. in Aldi today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Milly33 wrote: »
    They do turn out quite well. We do it for halloween sometimes, we had Michael Myers in one of the upstairs rooms.. caught a few peoples attention i must say it was quite fun.

Milly33 are you my neighbour :pac: I had this exact same convo wit a neighbour who did this last year lol

Just back from my christmas nail art class ! It was so festive, had a look at the launch of some of the new retail products and expected trends ! Our instructor even wore her christmas jumper and little santa hat clip in in her hair !

So which one of you was my instructor today ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Hello fellow Elves! Looking for some help/ideas here. I am involved in organising the companies Christmas staff do. Have any of you seen, heard or have been to any do's that something really good was set up? We are going to have a photographer there for the first couple of hours and decorate the venue. I have an idea to leave out crackers on the tables and maybe in 3 or 5 of them have a decent prize or voucher in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Hello fellow Elves! Looking for some help/ideas here. I am involved in organising the companies Christmas staff do. Have any of you seen, heard or have been to any do's that something really good was set up? We are going to have a photographer there for the first couple of hours and decorate the venue. I have an idea to leave out crackers on the tables and maybe in 3 or 5 of them have a decent prize or voucher in them.

I went to one where a man from our Sept dressed as Santa,we all got a small gift from him,he was just going around with a sack with bayliss n Harding gifts for ladies and lynx for men. It was actually brilliant such a novelty :) we all threw in a few quid for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Milly33

In one work place we used to have office parties in the office rather than heading out. It was great until two years in a row people started going to the pub for one or two and inviting people back which just messed things up. But anywho you had a theme going each year which was great. One year it was toys, so we had the entire place set up with toys and pressies, had a projection going on with movies. Then games were set up around the place, there were spot prizes all that goes. A few games like poke tables too which was good criac.. Must say that was about the best one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,537 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Just back from Aldi!

14500659_1293845070648717_3798958779496676469_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Milly33 are you my neighbour :pac: I had this exact same convo wit a neighbour who did this last year lol

haha maybe i was.. Think it was about 2 years ago we done in now, in the Corcaigh area it would have been...MM Christmas foods.... Yumie i hope you are enjoying..

I always end up getting the food bits too late or starting on the christmas foods too late. Gona have them on the go this year very early

Ha no milly sorry it must have been someone with a similar idea so ! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just seen this on FB:

The dates for our Christmas in Killarney Parades were finalised today! They are as follows
    Friday 25th November
    Saturday 3rd December
    Saturday 10th December
    Saturday 17th December

There will also be a Parade on Saturday 31st December at 8pm for New Year's Eve! We hope to see you in Killarney to celebrate the Festive Season with us!!

Never heard of these parades are they nice then, what times do you know are they normally on

I wouldn't have a clue I am from Dublin.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Just got this email from Yankee.ie
    Christmas is coming...

We will be launch The Yankee Candle Christmas Collections on Wednesday 19th October - watch out for our exclusive launch offer!

I wonder if there are any new smells this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    I wonder if there are any new smells this year.

Oh wow, love The Yankee candles!

I'm planning on buying tonnes for Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Hey everyone! It's October! First Christmas post this year :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Alicat wrote: »
    Hey everyone! It's October! First Christmas post this year :D

Welcome back Alicat we missed you :)

• Advertisement

I needed a break but bring it on now! :)

Alicat wrote: »
    I needed a break but bring it on now! :)

Well you're just in time for crazy season!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Welcome back Alicat
    Oh bring on the Yankee shopping I love it,
    My first Christmas night out already planned for last Friday in November

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Welcome back, Alicat!

Aldi are launching their Christmas range tonight. Search for #AldiChristmas on Twitter. You'll also find Aldi UK's Christmas launch from July using the same hashtag.

https://twitter.com/easyfoodmag/status/783378621452935168

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My sister was over tonight and I was showing her my halloween purchases from dealz today. She innocently said " they have christmas decorations", I nodded and said "really?"

I then showed her all I had bought!

Loughc wrote: »
    Well you're just in time for crazy season!! :D

Wouldn't miss it for the world! :D

Heat is on for the first time today, we've a Yankee lit, and I've a new dressing gown and pair of slippers.

It's beginning to look a lot like.... :D

Love yankee candles, I find some of them to sweat a smell though. Last year I ordered a load from amazon and they threw in incense sticks which are still be used to get rid of the smell of wet dog.

We need a poll for favourite yankee candle whiff.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Christmas is normally like Groundhog Day in our house but this year is going to be a bit different...my sister got married during the year so not sure yet whether her & husband will be at ours or at his parents; I've started living with my boyfriend (who I didn't know this time last year) so he will probably come along; and friends who always call on Christmas morning might not be able to make it this year (:( )! I'm kinda looking forward to something different, though I hope I still get to see everyone. First Christmas with bf, I can't wait...we've already booked a trip to Copenhagen for the Christmas Markets and he keeps asking what I want for Christmas :pac:

So who here suffers from this disease?

14517579_1195744563842145_6191392651757617649_n.jpg?oh=2996446eab8ebe2895df22c21f394d76&oe=585FA47D

• Advertisement

I like the ornaments to be relatively in good order however I have found that its best to leave the decision to my OH.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement