Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

It's M&S Christmas food time!

https://christmasfood.marksandspencer.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

I enjoy cooking, especially big meals. I have done a few Christmas dinners, one turkey on the BBq and one in the oven with a ham and all the trimmings but if they had M&S food here, and in a perfect financial world, I would cook no trimmings, just cook the meat and get everything else from them.

So much drool.

I don't usually eat desert but https://christmasfood.marksandspencer.ie/hand-dipped-6-chocolate-crackers/p/p60053639

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

https://christmasfood.marksandspencer.ie

Is the M&S food worth getting in? I'm starving just looking at their food.

Loughc wrote: »
    Is the M&S food worth getting in? I'm starving just looking at their food.

I just like looking at it really. Some of their party food is really good. I buy it when it's in stores. My parents ordered a dessert years ago and it was horrible, and we ordered a turkey crown a couple of years back and the cooking time on it was off so it was a bit dry. So my experience with it hasn't been great but I still love looking at it!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,649 ✭✭✭Milly33

Must say I dont get M&S food either. Tis fine for every now and again, himself for the first few christmas picked up some small ham and turkey from them and I foudn they had that kinda fake flavouring taste of it, kinda plasticie...Same with their roasties

From tried and tested a few favs are..

Aldi all the way for their turkey's and the bird, na bird,na bird is just great
    Quail too in Aldi
    Aldi for Duck rolls also and their frozen christmas desserts are quite tasty
    Duck pancakes in Tescos nibbles range all the rest of the stuff is rank..
    The little goats cheese balls that Dunnes ohhh they are so tasty...

Speaking of food now i can just taste it, my sister for any cheese lovers made this lovely melted brie with christmas flavours a few years ago tis to die for.. Taste and smells like chri

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Toto, I just had a look and I am drooling over the Belgian chocolate and salted caramel cake!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Coming up this month we should have Toy Show tickets application open, Christmas FM should announce their charity partner and return date, lights are going up awaiting switch on in November and the clocks are going back so the dark evenings are here.

So plenty of excitement starting but I can't wait for November when all the Christmas ads start and the music channels go Christmassy. I miss Bliss I loved it when they changed to Blissmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Christmas decorations will start to go up in my house during the second week of November.

Absolutely buzzing with excitement.

Coming up this month we should have Toy Show tickets application open, Christmas FM should announce their charity partner and return date, lights are going up awaiting switch on in November and the clocks are going back so the dark evenings are here.

All that is very exciting and all, but you forgot the most important thing: It's my birthday month! \o/

Christmas decorations will start to go up in my house during the second week of November.

Absolutely buzzing with excitement.

I usually put mine up the day of the Toy Show. I'm disappointed it's the first Friday of December this year I was hoping to have them up by then haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Decision made today. December 3rd. Toy show to kick off things the night before!

All that is very exciting and all, but you forgot the most important thing: It's my birthday month! \o/

How could I forget!! Happy birthday month Toto!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Happy birthday month. Mine is December for all you nice people :) Looking at the M&S Link now so much nice food

lycan238 wrote: »
    Happy birthday month. Mine is December for all you nice people :) Looking at the M&S Link now so much nice food

I'm also December :D

I'm also December :D

Ah great month to be born in if I am honest. It probably is the one reason I like the festive season so much is that I have my birthday right in the middle of what most people consider the festive season around two weeks into the month. I know many people that were born between the 24th and 31st. I am not sure I would like to have a birthday that late in the month. We have 3 birthdays in 4 days in the family.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I usually put mine up the day of the Toy Show. I'm disappointed it's the first Friday of December this year I was hoping to have them up by then haha.
    Mine are going up the weekend before- probably November 26th.
    I'd find the start of December way too short a time to have the decorations up!

Posy wrote: »
    Mine are going up the weekend before- probably November 26th.
    I'd find the start of December way too short a time to have the decorations up!

And with that you've twisted my arm haha. November it is.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

\o/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

I would like to get them up the 18th (first day of my weekend that week) as we will nearly get a month out of them as we fly the 15th Dec. I will float this date with the the 25th Nov as a back up.

I rearranged the shed last weekend and was peeking into the Christmas dec boxes. I need more outside illumination this year. Off to scower the hardware store sites.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Yeah, I think our tradition will have to switch over to decorations going up on the day of the TV3 toy show!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Definitely putting decorations up on the 25th (week before Toyshow) - then I can actually enjoy the toyshow this year without only having half the decorations up!

leahyl wrote: »
    Definitely putting decorations up on the 25th (week before Toyshow) - then I can actually enjoy the toyshow this year without only having half the decorations up!

This is very true. I'm usually wrecked and stressed and hoovering by the time the Toy Show starts. This is a really good idea. I'll definitely put them up the Saturday and Sunday before.

We usually wait until the 8th (or the closest weekend) to put ours up. I was thinking of putting them up for the Toy Show this year but it's too much hassle to do it after work. I shall just eat delicious food and drink many alcoholic bevarages instead!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

We usually wait until the 8th (or the closest weekend) to put ours up. I was thinking of putting them up for the Toy Show this year but it's too much hassle to do it after work. I shall just eat delicious food and drink many alcoholic bevarages instead!

Why not put them up the weekend before the toyshow and then you can still enjoy your delicious food and alcoholic beverages on toyshow night, except this time with added festive ambiance :D

Leahyl talks ALOT of sense!!

Leahyl talks ALOT of sense!!

I agree as I sit here typing away with the box of my Christmas Tree and decorations looking up at me. Not putting them up til next month early in the month but wont turn on lights etc until 8th December apart from the nights of the 2 toy shows. When is TV3 toy show by the way? I know date of RTE Version.

No mention yet of the tv3 Toy Show date or if it'll be back for sure. They lost 200k viewers year on year so it doesn't seem to be taking off.

I'm not sure about putting them up the weekend before but maybe we'll put them up on the Thursday. There will be no rush to get them up before the toy show starts then. I knew the Christmas forum would come to the rescue!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I'm not sure about putting them up the weekend before but maybe we'll put them up on the Thursday. There will be no rush to get them up before the toy show starts then. I knew the Christmas forum would come to the rescue!

Considering some of the decorations from last Christmas only came down a couple of months ago we're not putting them up this year until December 23rd. :P

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    Considering some of the decorations from last Christmas only came down a couple of months ago we're not putting them up this year until December 23rd. :P

The 23rd..... I feel faint!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement