Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Best of luck to everyone applying! :) I agree with toto. To be fair can you imagine if all the elves from the Christmas forum got tickets for the show how fantastic of an audience would we be !? :pac:

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Decorated the bathroom and got stuff in heatons, soap holders, toothbrush holders, Christmas towels and hand cloths! They had all sorts! I just couldn't bring myself to buy the toilet seat cover!

I still have my little reindeer soap dispenser in the downstairs bathroom haha ! Got it in a set in heatons last year too :) I know exactly what u mean about the toilet seat covers. All boys here so I cant imagine that cover being so hygienically clean after a few days in my house! .. shudders at the thought of all the pee germ lurking on it ... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I applied!! Fingers crossed...I have a good feeling about this year.... :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

I have the toilet seat covers! Only goes on the toilets Christmas eve though and taken back of on St Stephen's morning..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

amor3 wrote: »
    I have the toilet seat covers! Only goes on the toilets Christmas eve though and taken back of on St Stephen's morning..

Why not leave them on longer? Go on it's Christmas!!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Yeah Id be nervous of this even! They are very cool though!!!

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I still have my little reindeer soap dispenser in the downstairs bathroom haha ! Got it in a set in heatons last year too :) I know exactly what u mean about the toilet seat covers. All boys here so I cant imagine that cover being so hygienically clean after a few days in my house! .. shudders at the thought of all the pee germ lurking on it ... :pac:

I was lucky with stuff in Heatons last year but I was late getting some things I guess putting things on the long finger so Im trying to be super organised this year! Last year I missed out on Duvet covers! There were lovely ones in pennies. I tried in a few shops and they were sold out so Im on the hunt for them this week!! Christmas is getting to be a bit of an obsession this year!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Loughc wrote: »
    Why not leave them on longer? Go on it's Christmas!!! :D

Haha.. I would love to but 3 boys here and a few family members over on Christmas morning par taking in some alcoholic beverages dictate otherwise I'm afraid ;-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Haha.. I would love to but 3 boys here and a few family members over on Christmas morning par taking in some alcoholic beverages dictate otherwise I'm afraid ;-)

Haha 3 boys. Yea say no more haha.

I was lucky with stuff in Heatons last year but I was late getting some things I guess putting things on the long finger so Im trying to be super organised this year! Last year I missed out on Duvet covers! There were lovely ones in pennies. I tried in a few shops and they were sold out so Im on the hunt for them this week!! Christmas is getting to be a bit of an obsession this year!!!!

Have a look at m and m textiles they are in naas and monsterevin (sp?) They have some lovely stock in you see it on their fb page. And can place deposits and deliver etc!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The worst thing about the toilet seat covers is that they come with those gross floor things for around the bottom of the toilet. :D They're usually lovely to look at though!

Penneys has Christmas tea towels and things. That's much more my thing!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I said I'd never ever get the toilet seat cover as they are a bit weird, like you are pooping in Santa's mouth. Then in January I was in Home Store and More and they were 50c. How could you not???????

It was just the toilet seat part, not the foot mat. So we'll be ok as long as all male household members sit to pee until Jan 5th!!!! :pac:
    Last year I missed out on Duvet covers! There were lovely ones in pennies. I tried in a few shops and they were sold out so Im on the hunt for them this week!!

Lidl have some this Thursday. 100% cotton too.
    http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=919

My brother in law has just been on the phone to give me my christmas present early ! He has given me advanced notice that his wedding invitations will be arriving through our door early January. He's getting married in nevada Los Vegas ! It's a week long affair with guests arriving in LA 2 days before the ceremony to do some sight seeing have a family meal etc. It's a small intimate wedding of about 25 people ! He said he knows I like to shop and be prepared so I have loads of notice to prep for next christmas and my wedding outfit next year !!! So excited! :D christmas prep for 2017 has now officially begun here hahaha

iguana wrote: »
    I said I'd never ever get the toilet seat cover as they are a bit weird, like you are pooping in Santa's mouth. Then in January I was in Home Store and More and they were 50c. How could you not???????

It was just the toilet seat part, not the foot mat. So we'll be ok as long as all male household members sit to pee until Jan 5th!!!! :pac:
    Last year I missed out on Duvet covers! There were lovely ones in pennies. I tried in a few shops and they were sold out so Im on the hunt for them this week!!

Lidl have some this Thursday. 100% cotton too.
    http://www.lidl.ie/en/Offers.htm?id=919
    I'm liking this! I'm very glad I found this thread! I'm getting great tips!!

Have a look at m and m textiles they are in naas and monsterevin (sp?) They have some lovely stock in you see it on their fb page. And can place deposits and deliver etc!

Oh my God I just Looked them up! Love the covers. Will definitely be ordering them!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Just put in my toy show audience application, fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I can't find them. Could you throw a link up if it's not too much hassle please.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Bought the toilet set in M&M last year. Installed in the "girls only" downstairs loo. A great shop for Christmas gear. Got duvet covers too.

Whispered wrote: »
    I can't find them. Could you throw a link up if it's not too much hassle please.

All you need at the link below.

http://www.mandmtextiles.ie/

Oh my God I just Looked them up! Love the covers. Will definitely be ordering them!!!!

They have lovely ones don't they ! Someone also said shaws have some with up to 10 euro off foe the sale on ! Worth a look !

• Advertisement

I don't want to be in the Toy Show audience while my daughter still believes in Santa. I love watching it with her. If I get tickets, I'll give them away here.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    All you need at the link below.

http://www.mandmtextiles.ie/

Thanks grandeeod I checked out there for a while ! Hope your little one is feeling better today too ! :) Happy shopping Whispered !

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I don't want to be in the Toy Show audience while my daughter still believes in Santa. I love watching it with her. If I get tickets, I'll give them away here.

A lovely idea but you can't I'm afraid. You have to give the names of the applicants max two people at the tome of applying. If one person can't go the ticket is non transferable. You are obliged to bring passport /id too to make sure the names match on the day. :(

Hope your little one is feeling better today too ! :)

Cheers. She's coming around now after a day of being pampered. Dancing to Uptown Funk in the living room! I so need a beer!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I've just been thinking about my Christmas Day night and in recent years my little bit of Christmas 'me time' has been to watch Downton Abbey after S is asleep. (Sometimes I don't get to see it until the 26th but it still feels like a my own chilled out slice of Christmas.) I don't know what I'm going to watch in place of it this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

iguana wrote: »
    I've just been thinking about my Christmas Day night and in recent years my little bit of Christmas 'me time' has been to watch Downton Abbey after S is asleep. (Sometimes I don't get to see it until the 26th but it still feels like a my own chilled out slice of Christmas.) I don't know what I'm going to watch in place of it this year.

Hopefully there will be something good on this year! Otherwise you can't go wrong with Die Hard! I'm watching it right now.

It's not often that I wish I was a child, but I really want these pyjamas!

SD_04_T86_4870_Z4_X_EC_0?$PLP_PRODUCT_IMAGE$&wid=243&hei=315

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

I received my advent calendar, snow globe, and two small pressies for the OH yesterday.

We also had a BBQ yesterday as it was cool enough to sit outside. I threw up some lights on the tree, got the high up ones from the balcony and wrapped the trunk with another set. Very proud of myself until I switched them on and the were different colours, soft white and whitey blue. It was too late to change them but they need to be sorted.

Ill throw up some pics of the calendar and globe when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Penneys have a bit of everything so far here's some stuff I seen yesterday, I picked up some battery operated led lights for a Christmas hanging basket I made,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Here's more of what Penneys had

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

Gotta get those duvet covers when I am home next week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement