Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The duvet cover is so cute. Any idea how much it is?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Thanks for posting those pics Sarah they're great. The duvet is a must have for me!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I wanted to get a duvet for our bed but my hubby said no, but the kids have ones for defo!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I wanted to get a duvet for our bed but my hubby said no, but the kids have ones for defo!

My OH was surprisingly open to the idea of getting it. But then again she was just saying we needed new duvets and sheets so win win.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Thanks SarahLil! I love the cushion :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

The duvet cover is so cute. Any idea how much it is?

Not sure I'd say probably 18euro there doubles are usually around that price, I will keep an eye out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

No problem posting photos I couldn't resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I loved the photos! Great to see so much Christmas stuff in there already!

I had mint hot chocolate today. I fancied some hot chocolate today and my husband (the genius) suggested making with Lindt mint dark chocolate. So good. Stick a candy cane in there and it's perfect for Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Think the doubles are €23/25. Think there are more nicer ones around though.

I threw some music on this morning while getting ready for work and not one but two Christmas songs popped up on shuffle. For the first time since January I didnt skip past the Christmas songs instead I bopped along to them. I was in great form getting ready haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

I went for run last night and changed as the intro's started I want to keep them for as long as I can.

I specifically avoid listening to Fairytale of New York each year, I have it lined up in the phone for when the pilot says "we are beginning our decent into Dublin airport".

I ordered the CD of the soundtrack for Home Alone which should be here in a few days.

Jude13 wrote: »
    I specifically avoid listening to Fairytale of New York each year, I have it lined up in the phone for when the pilot says "we are beginning our decent into Dublin airport".

I literally got goosebumps imagining that. What a great tradition. That must be an amazing feeling when you're just about to arrive home for Christmas.

It is, I hate flying so its a welcome announcement anyway. My OH thinks its funny, I get all watery eyed. Flash forward 10 days and Im looking to get back to the heat to thaw out.

The airport is so special and Christmasy to me. Before I head off I look up arrival videos on youtube and count the hours down.

First Christmas with a direct flight down from 14 hours to just under 8 to get home! 8 hours of booze and Christmas movies.

The airport is so special and Christmasy to me. Before I head off I look up arrival videos on youtube and count the hours down.

When I read your earlier post that gave me goosebumps I immediately thought I'm watching some arrival videos on YouTube tonight. Then I thought it is Monday to maybe not haha.

I just bought the remote control sockets in lidl! Great to see all the Christmas paper and wrappings and ribbon in stock ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I've sent himself in for them this morning!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm so mean. I read your post, Jude, about watching airport arrival videos. And it made me think of the clip on TV3 some years ago of a little guy of about 3 waiting for his uncle at the airport. He was so cute in a mini-Santa outfit. When his uncle arrived he was so excited he ran into a trolley and hit the ground. I've had a fit of the giggles ever since. Poor little guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I just bought the remote control sockets in lidl! Great to see all the Christmas paper and wrappings and ribbon in stock ! :)

They are the best! I'm going to lidl tomorrow for some extra decorations, you can never have enough!!!

https://www.facebook.com/98fm/videos/10154219621177585/

Something to cheer up your Monday!! :D

I can't wait to use mine ! But for now I need to paint the boys room and reorganise their toys :(

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    I'm so mean. I read your post, Jude, about watching airport arrival videos. And it made me think of the clip on TV3 some years ago of a little guy of about 3 waiting for his uncle at the airport. He was so cute in a mini-Santa outfit. When his uncle arrived he was so excited he ran into a trolley and hit the ground. I've had a fit of the giggles ever since. Poor little guy.

That's my favorite one! He gets up like a champ though. I get caught out by apple tv as my phone and the youtube app on apple tv are linked. So when my OH throws on youtube it like its Christmas all the time. "Dublin snow 2012" "Dublin Christmas lights" etc.

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I can't wait to use mine ! But for now I need to paint the boys room and reorganise their toys :(

Working to christmas music I take it. Love how active the forum is getting.

Working to christmas music I take it. Love how active the forum is getting.

Me too! We're off for a flyer today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Cork2015!

Bought these lastnight.... absolutely drooling about the thoughts of opening this on Christmas Day. No amount of chocolate could substitute for this!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Oh no! S has thrown a spanner in the works and for the last two weeks has been planning to ask Santa for a toy I absolutely don't want to get him. He wants Shimmer and Shine bracelets because he thinks that if he has them he will be able to fly to Zahramey Falls. There is no way on earth I want to spend €20 on a pair of crappy bracelets that will make him cry on Christmas morning when they don't transport him to genie land! This sucks, he often gets an idea in his head about some toy he wants and then forgets about after a day or two. But every so often he decides on something and it's like a done-deal in his head. And these stupid bracelets are the latter. Oh I hope I can direct him towards something else because this has disaster all over it. If they weren't so expensive, I'd almost buy them for him now, so he would have the disappointment of not going to genie land happen on random Monday instead of Christmas morning.

Easily fixed Iguana, get a puppy!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    Something to cheer up your Monday!!

I certainly woke up feeling very Christmassy today but that cheered me up even more.

Also, is it really only 10 Mondays till Christmas?!
    Wow. That means only 9 weekends left till Christmas!!!
    The excitement is building!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

This was my bed last Christmas eve.. got it online in guineys for I think 20 euro(ish) kids have single ones that I got in dunnes :-)

amor3 wrote: »
    This was my bed last Christmas eve.. got it online in guineys for I think 20 euro(ish) kids have single ones that I got in dunnes :-)

Oh I love it. So festive and cheery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

This was mine:

IMG_6469_zps1ypv5re1.jpg

I am tempted by this one in Kavanagh's but I only bought the other ones last year so probably too soon to change:

christmas-father-christmas-duvet-set-coming-soon.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement