Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

I gave up on the toy show for years but last year I was all excited for the my 2 wee girls to watch it so I lit the fire got a tin of roses a box of pringles and a bottle of red we all settled down and the 2 girls fell asleep after half an hour so I ended up eating most of the roses and pringles and of course the bottle of vino. Needless to say I had a sore head and tummy the next day !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,513 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Emcm wrote: »
    I gave up on the toy show for years but last year I was all excited for the my 2 wee girls to watch it so I lit the fire got a tin of roses a box of pringles and a bottle of red we all settled down and the 2 girls fell asleep after half an hour so I ended up eating most of the roses and pringles and of course the bottle of vino. Needless to say I had a sore head and tummy the next day !!!!

How much wine did the kids drink?:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I'm shocked about the lack of love for the toy show on here! :-O

Yes it's cheesy, yes the kids are OTT and you just want to slap some of them! :P

But for all of it's flaws it's a National Institiution of a show, one of the highest rated every year. It's our Superbowl ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

How much wine did the kids drink?:D

Ha now that would be funny!!!!

They like kiddie champagne ie. Shloer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The toy show is the reason we pay our tv licence, right?;)
    Boots christmas vouchers arrived today \o/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So with the Toy Show on the 29th of November, I've booked the day off work and I'm going to spend the day decorating the house! :D

And then sit down that night by the glow of the Christmas Tree Lights with some treats and watch the Toy Show! :)

First year in our new home really excited to decorate it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Emcm wrote: »
    Doesn't sound to different from this house! It's usually when the first box of Roses are opened. White wine for me though, the kids have hot chocolate, with the marshmallows on top, and an orange or mint chocolate stick pop into the whipped cream on top (Serious amount of calories...so it's only for them, not me) Pringles too! and they all sit down, glued to the telly, pen and paper at the ready!

I too lost interest for a year or 2, but then got back into it. It's fun to see the toys shops get absolutely rammed the next day! and the desperation on the mums faces! All part of it! Great craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Loughc wrote: »
    So with the Toy Show on the 29th of November, I've booked the day off work and I'm going to spend the day decorating the house! :D

And then sit down that night by the glow of the Christmas Tree Lights with some treats and watch the Toy Show! :)

First year in our new home really excited to decorate it :)

Aw man, I'll be at the Cologne Christmas market that night, so sad to be missing the Toy show for that :p

Aw man, I'll be at the Cologne Christmas market that night, so sad to be missing the Toy show for that :p

Haha ok no need to rub it in!! :P

• Advertisement

November 29th is our youngest's birthday. Our elf has told me that he will be returning from the North Pole that day to keep a VERY close eye on all the shenanagins. As its his first year officially coming back to us from his home, hes bringing a Christmas board game (thanks Te*co!) and Lego Advent calendars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Aw hearing all the Toy Show traditions make me feel all Christmassey! :D
    Reminds me of the thread on Christmas Eve traditions which will absolutely give you the warm and fuzzies... So anyone who hasn't read it, do. Preferable with a open fire and some of that rain we had last night.

Love2love wrote: »
    Aw hearing all the Toy Show traditions make me feel all Christmassey! :D
    Reminds me of the thread on Christmas Eve traditions which will absolutely give you the warm and fuzzies... So anyone who hasn't read it, do. Preferable with a open fire and some of that rain we had last night.

I've re-read this thread so many times, most of the traditions are so similar to my own it really brings me back to my childhood! I love it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Aaaaw I created that thread :o:)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I can not wait to have christmas traditions with my kids and the thoughts of being the person who gets to decide what they are ,oooh the excitement:)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    I can not wait to have christmas traditions with my kids and the thoughts of being the person who gets to decide what they are ,oooh the excitement:)

Make them good! I expect to be reading them in years to come on here! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,513 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JJudy

I love the gift guides from the various shops!!!

I was in Boots in The Square, Tallaght today looking for gift sets but they had none out. I was very disappointed. I was in getting my brothers Christmas shopping today and apart from a few gift cards, he's done. I have 6 brothers, 4 of which I have to shop for so they try to book me as early as possible for my best gift ideas:P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Went to penneys to get one thing. Came out with Christmas hats and jumpers for all the women in my family :D

Think I need to go back for the matching gloves!

• Advertisement

Went to penneys to get one thing. Came out with Christmas hats and jumpers for all the women in my family :D

Think I need to go back for the matching gloves!

It would be bad manners not to...

I keep randomly popping in here during the day for Christmasness....I think I have a problem.

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    It would be bad manners not to...

I keep randomly popping in here during the day for Christmasness....I think I have a problem.

I'm the same. It's my most visited forum on boards, I pop in numerous times a day just for the Christmas spirit especially when I'm spending the day doing something Christmassey like shopping or baking or planning events :)

I'm the same. It's my most visited forum on boards, I pop in numerous times a day just for the Christmas spirit especially when I'm spending the day doing something Christmassey like shopping or baking or planning events :)

Same here! I'm constantly checking for new posts on the forum haha! You just can't beat the Christmas spirit in here.

boots have started their half price special offer of the week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Boots christmas vouchers arrived today \o/
    Got mine this morning. :D

Eeekkkkkk!!! So I'm burning a cinnamon candle and my house absolutely reeks of Christmas! :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Pang wrote: »
    If anyone is signed up to Brand Alley, they have a great 50% sale on Scandinavian Christmas decorations, lighting and gifts.

Some really cute bits!

I burn them all year round :).

Found this thread recently and love it !!!! Hope I don't sound too sad now but I have all my Christmas shopping done. Time to start for next year he he he

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭cordni

Loughc wrote: »
    2013 Toy Show - Application Form

I know I'm decreasing my chances by sharing the link but if I don't win tickets I'd love any of my fellow elves from here to win some! :)

Thank you so much for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Eeekkkkkk!!! So I'm burning a cinnamon candle and my house absolutely reeks of Christmas! :D:D:D
    that's just teasing!!!!! All mine are in the attic with the decorations, so near, yet so far!

• Advertisement

my smallest child is watching "The Snowman" on youtube and loving it \o/ <3

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement