Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

kitten_k wrote:
    This was mine:

kitten_k wrote:
    I am tempted by this one in Kavanagh's but I only bought the other ones last year so probably too soon to change:

OMG, kitten_k!!!

That is the most beautiful thing I've seen today!
    Please, please, can I be so nosey as to ask where you bought it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG kitten_k!!! I love both, but the second one is soooooooo nice!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I think we bought them in Dunnes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Jude13 wrote: »
    Working to christmas music I take it. Love how active the forum is getting.

I may have a playlist on here :D although your story earlier about arriving home on the plane listening to christmas music has me inspired to make a play list for prague trip !

kitten_k wrote:
    I think we bought them in Dunnes.

Thank you.

• Advertisement

Ok I'm going to be a total girl here ( and I'm even embarrassed to ask!) But I know a few people here have used the remote sockets for the Christmas tree etc so im hoping someone can help with a technical question :pac:

For anyone who is using the sockets with christmas tree lights do you know the way the lights have different setting like flash static etc if you use the control to turn the sockets on and off does that change the settings on the lights everytime you turn then on ??

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Ok I'm going to be a total girl here ( and I'm even embarrassed to ask!) But I know a few people here have used the remote sockets for the Christmas tree etc so im hoping someone can help with a technical question :pac:

For anyone who is using the sockets with christmas tree lights do you know the way the lights have different setting like flash static etc if you use the control to turn the sockets on and off does that change the settings on the lights everytime you turn then on ??

Yeah glitz, I'm afraid so. But they are brilliant, I know it saves me climbing under the tree and through the presents every morning and night. I just keep the control to change the settings out near the front of them so I can easily change them (I'm a "steady on" setting type of girl, so 7 clicks!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I've decided to sneakily purchase a Christmas duvet for our bed and put it on the week of christmas. It's not as if my hubby is going to either change it or sleep elsewhere!!

Just came across an article about The John Lewis Christmas ad - predictions for when it's on this year and what it'll be about.

Sorry, can't post links as I'm on the phone but here's a bit of it...

"Last year's Man on the Moon had viewers either weeping dramatically, or coming up with less, kinder theories about the elderly gentleman.
    It debuted on our screens on November 6 - a Friday - meaning the corresponding Friday this year is November 4. It followed the same pattern as The Bear and the Hare, which was unveiled on Friday November 8.
    Filming tends to take place in July, so this year's campaign should be done and dusted - and with a huge budget (last year's its Man On The Moon advert cost £1 million to make, and a further £6 million was spent buying slots on television, the internet and press)."

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've decided to sneakily purchase a Christmas duvet for our bed and put it on the week of christmas. It's not as if my hubby is going to either change it or sleep elsewhere!!

I showed my husband the Penneys duvet set knowing that he wouldn't be a fan of it and then followed it up by talking about toilet seat covers in the hope that the toilet seat conversation would make the duvet set conversation more appealing. It didn't work. :D But sure he doesn't care either way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Oddly, I don't seem to have taken any proper pictures of my Christmassy bed last year. But it's pretty much visible in this photo of S's Christmas eve box. It's a huge fleece blanket that goes on top of the duvet and it's sooooo thick and soft. I have a bunch of Christmas cushions along the top too, to cartoon it up a bit.

2zs1u1j.png

Jude13 wrote: »
    Easily fixed Iguana, get a puppy!

We have a couple of dogs already so I think I'd prefer to chance my arm that the bracelets might actually be magic.:pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That blanket and Christmas Eve box are so cute!! Where did you get the blanket?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

kitten_k wrote: »
    This was mine:
    We have the same one! :)

lQ8osTY.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Oooh what's in the Christmas Eve box iguana?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh I love it. So festive and cheery.

It is isn't it... I know I'm a grown adult (questionable sometimes) but I like that it's very child-like to match the kids ones!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Cara dog rescue are doing a dog shoebox appeal for Christmas

Here's a link if anyone wants information https://www.facebook.com/CaraRescueDogs/photos/a.312948082076495.64475.308687865835850/1153167341387894/?type=3

amor3 wrote: »
    Yeah glitz, I'm afraid so. But they are brilliant, I know it saves me climbing under the tree and through the presents every morning and night. I just keep the control to change the settings out near the front of them so I can easily change them (I'm a "steady on" setting type of girl, so 7 clicks!)

Thanks amor! Had to laugh at the reply im the same have the clicks down to a count haha I can't manage flashing or intermittent lights on my tree :pac: I can't wait to try these new sockets now !!

Iguana is that the tin from dunnes ? I remember someone saying they got a tin for a Christmas eve box in dunnes or lidl i think ? It's fab! Yhe whole picture looks so cosy and festive I just want to curl up in that big fleece and work my way through the box haha :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Are we doing 'know your elves' this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

Nigella's Christmas or Jamie Oliver's Christmas book?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Definitely Nigella.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Are we doing 'know your elves' this year.

Yea if ye want to why not! :D I'll bump the 2015 thread and see who's interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Brrrrrr nippy out there this morning at home this morning for a couple of hours, I have the food network on i hope some Christmas cooking comes on, I started cleaning and clearing out my mams kitchen presses trying to get ahead of the game, I see my neighbor is getting carpets cleaned this morning she loves Christmas too I would definitely say she is getting ready for Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Guys it's SO CLOSE to Christmas! This mild weather up til now has totally thrown off my timing! It's less than 6 weeks until I go to NYC for a pre-Christmas trip with the in-laws (OMG!) and then it'll be only 3 weeks when we get back until Christmas!

Lads.

LADS!

Guys it's SO CLOSE to Christmas! This mild weather up til now has totally thrown off my timing! It's less than 6 weeks until I go to NYC for a pre-Christmas trip with the in-laws (OMG!) and then it'll be only 3 weeks when we get back until Christmas!

Lads.

LADS!

It's unreal isn't it. I love this time of year it just flies in from here!!

Also take ALL OF THE PICTURES in NYC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

Baby and crumble you've just given me an excitement headache, need to lay down.

Loughc wrote: »
    That blanket and Christmas Eve box are so cute!! Where did you get the blanket?

I got it on ebay at around this time last year. I have a king size bed and the largest size is perfect for it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Calitime-Fleece-Throw-Blanket-Chirstmas-Red-Reindeer-Snowflake-Full-Queen-King/121756812493?_trksid=p2045573.c100507.m3226&_trkparms=aid%3D555017%26algo%3DPL.CASSINI%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D38661%26meid%3Dd9b4f361aa7c402895083db48b73a76a%26pid%3D100507%26rk%3D1%26rkt%3D1%26

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Iguana is that the tin from dunnes ? I remember someone saying they got a tin for a Christmas eve box in dunnes or lidl i think ?

No, I got it in a gift shop. It's a wooden trunk, so during the year I store my knitting wool in it and come Christmas eve the wool gets thrown in a bag, so the box can be stuffed with goodies. It's not specifically Christmassy but the bears match the Christmas teddy exactly and it has a very victorian look which I always think is very Christmassy. I wouldn't be surprised if there is a similar shop in ever city/large town. The mainly sell the stuff from here; http://www.taragiftworks.com/ They are brilliant for Christmas stuff, I got my Christmas tea set there last year and loads of gorgeous ceramic decorations.
    Whispered wrote: »
    Oooh what's in the Christmas Eve box iguana?

Last year was our first year doing it and I was a bit stumped about what to put into it as our Christmas pjs all come out at the end of November. So I decided to make the big item a board game, which is both something for us to play together before bed and S's gift from us. It also has a snowman bath bomb, a Christmas teddy, Santa's plate and cup, a Christmas book for bedtime, a usb key that looks like a Christmas stocking with a Christmas movie on it. And lots of Christmassy sweets to eat while we watch it.

Some of you might be interested to know Aldi has just announced their annual Toy Specialbuys Sale date - Thursday, October 27th.

It's on Irish Mirror website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭risteard7

Does anybody know what Dublin are doing this year? Where wI'll the Christmas market be? I remember it was at Stephens green a few years ago but it drew some criticism though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement