Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Loughc wrote: »

Also take ALL OF THE PICTURES in NYC.

Prepare for SPAM! I post loads on Instagram, I plan to properly go nuts in NYC so feel free to follow (https://www.instagram.com/dapperzo/)
    Jude13 wrote: »
    Baby and crumble you've just given me an excitement headache, need to lay down.

Just listen to some lovely carols, be fine. :P
    risteard7 wrote: »
    Does anybody know what Dublin are doing this year? Where wI'll the Christmas market be? I remember it was at Stephens green a few years ago but it drew some criticism though.

Last years was rubbish, it was down in the Docklands again. I don't know if we'll ever manage a decent Christmas market here. There are a few themed one-offs that are much better that the month long one, which I think is taken over by naff bulk sellers if I'm honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I really liked the one in the docklands. I ate many brownies from it. I think it's on again this year. I suppose because I have a reason to be in the area every once in awhile and don't have to specifically travel to it I like that there's something Christmassy there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Has everyone seen the penneys elf pjs?!?!? Totally going to have to get some for Christmas eve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Came across these today in Dunnes Stores
    Double duvet was 25 euro
    Gift boxes were cute some starting at 3 euro
    My local curtain shop also had cute duvets similar to Guineys
    Dunnes had some nice wrapping paper too

SarahLil wrote: »
    Came across these today in Dunnes Stores
    Double duvet was 25 euro
    Gift boxes were cute some starting at 3 euro
    My local curtain shop also had cute duvets similar to Guineys
    Dunnes had some nice wrapping paper too

Oh, I saw a few today in a smaller dunnes but now I'm going to have to head to cornelscourt! My poor credit card

• Advertisement

Oh, I saw a few today in a smaller dunnes but now I'm going to have to head to cornelscourt! My poor credit card

Ah sure it would be rude not too, I had to take photos for everyone here!!!

Has everyone seen the penneys elf pjs?!?!? Totally going to have to get some for Christmas eve

No but they sound amazing!

These

These

Only seen that they are hitting stores in Limerick this week online from a blogger, I will keep an eye out I may be in penneys in blanch Tomorrow

These

Love it. Thanks for posting it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

After a busy week in work so far. This forum and the pics ye are all share have cheered me up to no end :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

*Grumble* I ordered lovely wintery pyjamas for the toddler. Cream with blue snow flakes and reindeer. Got a refund today and an email saying that they can't fulfill the order.

*brightside* I now get to go looking for new christmas eve pj's!

Whispered wrote: »
    *Grumble* I ordered lovely wintery pyjamas for the toddler. Cream with blue snow flakes and reindeer. Got a refund today and an email saying that they can't fulfill the order.

*brightside* I now get to go looking for new christmas eve pj's!

Dunnes have ones in that sound very similarif that's any help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

A friend of mine is doing a communications course with her job working as a skin care therapist wit a fairly big brand. She rang me this morning saying she needs help with her homework :pac:

She has to review a movie for her course and needs to practise a skin analysis consultation so im off to hers tonight's to watch elf (which she has never seen!!) With some fluffy christmas pjs a tub of christmas sweets l and
    I'm assuming all of this will happen while we are slathered in mud masks lol can't wait! ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Well I'm just back from getting my elf Christmas pjs in penneys!!! Love, love, love them!!! Word of warning tho anyone who has their heart set on them get in and get them soon they we're flying out!! only a few pairs of each size left....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Kajemo wrote: »
    Well I'm just back from getting my elf Christmas pjs in penneys!!! Love, love, love them!!! Word of warning tho anyone who has their heart set on them get in and get them soon they we're flying out!! only a few pairs of each size left....

:eek::eek::eek: Will have to wait till Saturday when I get to town :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Right, Christmas present making begins in earnest this week! I just bought lapel pin findings and blank cufflinks on etsy. I'l gonna make some dandy things for my friends in pottery class tonight! One of a kind lapel/tie pins. :cool:

Bought my first Christmas present yesterday actually! An afternoon tea voucher for a friend (who I know will take me when he's going :D). An ingenious idea, if I do say so myself....although he actually gave me the idea, cos that's what he got me for my bday this year :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Christmas is going to be different this year apparently. My elderly gran looked set to spend Christmas alone and is too frail to travel. My parents asked last night if I would mind if we travel to her (200km away) on Christmas day after we open the presents, and bring dinner to her. I really don't mind because I know how I would feel if it was my mam, and I wouldn't want her to be alone on the most special day of the year. Plus, she wont be fit for independent living for much longer, next year she will likely be in a nursing home :( I felt sorry for my mam thinking she had to ask me - I wouldn't dream of putting her in a position where she has to choose. So, we'll be doing presents Christmas morning, then packing up and driving into the West for Christmas dinner. Anyway it will be nice to spend Christmas with my gran, and family is family. Once we are together nothing else matters :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hey guys, I split the Christmas Breakfast ideas posts into it's own thread, because quite frankly some of the ideas are so good it deserves it's own thread!

• Advertisement

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Christmas is going to be different this year apparently. My elderly gran looked set to spend Christmas alone and is too frail to travel. My parents asked last night if I would mind if we travel to her (200km away) on Christmas day after we open the presents, and bring dinner to her. I really don't mind because I know how I would feel if it was my mam, and I wouldn't want her to be alone on the most special day of the year. Plus, she wont be fit for independent living for much longer, next year she will likely be in a nursing home :( I felt sorry for my mam thinking she had to ask me - I wouldn't dream of putting her in a position where she has to choose. So, we'll be doing presents Christmas morning, then packing up and driving into the West for Christmas dinner. Anyway it will be nice to spend Christmas with my gran, and family is family. Once we are together nothing else matters :)

That's lovely OldNotWIse :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I just spotted something on Facebook that I know some of you will LOVE. Now, be warned before you open the link and fall in love :D, that these are expensive (£90) so don't blame me if you spend too much money or you are hankering after them for ages :pac:

Christmas shoes. They are actually amazing but too expensive for me to justify buying to wear one month of the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

miamee wrote: »
    I just spotted something on Facebook that I know some of you will LOVE. Now, be warned before you open the link and fall in love :D, that these are expensive (£90) so don't blame me if you spend too much money or you are hankering after them for ages :pac:

Christmas shoes. They are actually amazing but too expensive for me to justify buying to wear one month of the year.

WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!

But need to find them in a sale!:(

Omg I need to get some of those pjs !!! :p now im off to look up the breakfast thread !

I hope this doesn't double post I always have problems trying to attach pics ! Sigh *

Hope mods don't mind but for the person ( my apologies cant remember who asked !) Looking for halloween deco pictures, here is some of mine almost done !

Some more hallway sorry can only post 2 a time I think ??!

Dining room almost done. Still have go add some twigs and the odd leaf and candles halloween night !

Garden won't be done til halloween day itself because of weather. Every year we theme it so this year the kids have chosen a witches house theme so garden will be done to same roughly. Now those pics I will Def post ! Love doing the Garden up :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Another Halloween post, sorry guys but it is somewhat Christmas related. On my drive home yesterday evening I noticed a house had Halloween decorations up inside and outside. From what I could see it looked like they had put a train outside with ghosts and witches in it. It looked amazing, I wish I could've got a picture of it. I sure do hope whoever lives there loves Christmas just as much as Halloween (that's the Christmas related part)! :D

• Advertisement

In deals today buying some little christmas gift bags. I have ordered a small little gift that I give to my regular clients so prepping them all this week ready to go in November and all I can think of is I want these halloween decorations down and my christmas ones up !! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement