Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    In deals today buying some little christmas gift bags. I have ordered a small little gift that I give to my regular clients so prepping them all this week ready to go in November and all I can think of is I want these halloween decorations down and my christmas ones up !! :(

Had Dealz got nice bags I need some myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

SarahLil wrote: »
    Had Dealz got nice bags I need some myself

There were only a few out fairly decent size they had a lovely red glittery one though !! :) they should have a bigger selection over the coming days hopefully !! I didn't see any of the giant bags for kids toys either !

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Does anyone know where I'd get a corner Christmas tree? Argos had them last year but don't seem to this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where I'd get a corner Christmas tree? Argos had them last year but don't seem to this year.

Woodies or homestore or more should have one. Or a garden centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

A bit controversial, but the Christmas shoes is on true movies (+1) now!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

amor3 wrote: »
    A bit controversial, but the Christmas shoes is on true movies (+1) now!

The movie isn't too bad.... but the song... the song makes me switch off ChristmasFM every time it comes on.

Loughc wrote: »
    The movie isn't too bad.... but the song... the song makes me switch off ChristmasFM every time it comes on.

Yeah, that's what I meant by being controversial haha, not a fan of the song myself and every year people vote for it to be the first song played... aaarrrggghhhh!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've never heard of corner Christmas trees. You learn something new everyday.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Me too. I had too Google an image of them!

There is 20% discount on orders over 50 euro til tomorrow..

• Advertisement

So today is the second best day of the year (after Christmas) in the Toto calendar and my husband gave me a Lindt advent calendar, Star Wars Christmas tree decorations from Dealz and a Christmas magazine. He knows me so well. :D

Loughc wrote:
    Woodies or homestore or more should have one. Or a garden centre.

amor3 wrote:

Thank you, didn't think of garden centres or Littlewoods!

Me neither until last year, very handy for apartment dwellers like myself!!

So today is the second best day of the year (after Christmas) in the Toto calendar and my husband gave me a Lindt advent calendar, Star Wars Christmas tree decorations from Dealz and a Christmas magazine. He knows me so well. :D

Oooh what's the magazine like?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Garden won't be done til halloween day itself because of weather. Every year we theme it so this year the kids have chosen a witches house theme so garden will be done to same roughly. Now those pics I will Def post ! Love doing the Garden up :pac:

Looking forward to seeing the garden pics. Your house looks great. I have my porch mostly done but I need to get a box of thumb tacks to do the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

amor3 wrote: »

Is there a promo code?

Is there a promo code?

Found it!

Oooh what's the magazine like?

I'm only halfway through it but it's good so far. It has some lovely gift ideas, but it's a UK magazine so obviously not everything would be available here. It has some ideas for making your own greeting cards, and they're hilarious because you can tell that what you'd end up with would look nothing like the pictures. :D And it has some nice decoration idea too. There's a really cute idea where you set up a sleigh outside in the snow with the kids' presents on it. Obviously you'd need it to actually snow. :D It's a really long magazine but there are loads of ads in it so that takes up a good bit of space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

And debenhams christmas decorations are up in their shop in Patrick Street, Cork!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

They have their giant Christmas tree and decorations up. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I'm listening to my "Cool Christmas Cocktails" playlist in work.

Spent my lunch researching winter wedding ideas.

:):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I am going to Berlin in December on a Sthen (stag party with guys and girls going). I am doing groomsmaid so part of my duties is to help organise it. Have just spent the day putting things in place, really has me in the spirit thinking about the Christmas markets we be going to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

kitten_k wrote: »
    I am going to Berlin in December on a Sthen (stag party with guys and girls going). I am doing groomsmaid so part of my duties is to help organise it. Have just spent the day putting things in place, really has me in the spirit thinking about the Christmas markets we be going to.

Went to Berlin for a markets trip year before last- it was brill!

Love love love Christmas markets. Favorite one so far has been Bruges. Hoping to go to Budapest for this year's one!

Was in penneys today, all the elf pjs are gone. But they've got some really nice ones and some amazing cute decorations, one or two of which may or may not have been bought

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Was in penneys today, all the elf pjs are gone. But they've got some really nice ones and some amazing cute decorations, one or two of which may or may not have been bought

are you in Dublin?? what penneys did you try?? The ones in town are getting a delivery of them at the weekend apparently. If you're in Dublin might be of some use to you.

Kajemo wrote: »
    are you in Dublin?? what penneys did you try?? The ones in town are getting a delivery of them at the weekend apparently. If you're in Dublin might be of some use to you.

Dundrum! I'm going back next week, probably to return some clothes I bought on impulse!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was in Penneys today in Dublin city centre and they had lots of those Elf pyjamas. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement