Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Posy wrote: »
    I was in Penneys today in Dublin city centre and they had lots of those Elf pyjamas. :)

Loads in Blanch too. And one in my boot!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I got my elf pjs today in pennys in newbridge ! They had loads ! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Mini glitz came home with the Christmas shoe box appeal leaflets. I dunno how I forgot to add that to the signs christmas is coming forum !

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Was doing our usual Thursday routine of the post playgroup trawl of the charity shops today when S found what looked like a dollhouse on the floor by some bric-a-brac. He asked if it was a toy, so we lifted the latch and opened it. As soon as we did all the little clock-work figures inside started moving. There was two floors with a Christmas scene on each. Santa and Mrs Claus decorating the tree on the groundfloor and two children playing with toys and a puppy wearing antlers on top. All moving about to clockwork "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." It drew quite the crowd in the shop so I had to move fast and buy it. :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

iguana wrote: »
    Was doing our usual Thursday routine of the post playgroup trawl of the charity shops today when S found what looked like a dollhouse on the floor by some bric-a-brac. He asked if it was a toy, so we lifted the latch and opened it. As soon as we did all the little clock-work figures inside started moving. There was two floors with a Christmas scene on each. Santa and Mrs Claus decorating the tree on the groundfloor and two children playing with toys and a puppy wearing antlers on top. All moving about to clockwork "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." It drew quite the crowd in the shop so I had to move fast and buy it. :D

Wow sounds amazing! Great find!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Not fair on the elf pj front, totally gutted!

Not fair on the elf pj front, totally gutted!

If it helps, I couldn't find the Christmas duvet set in king size. I think they only do it in single and double. I was very upset.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Ok I had my annual quota of brake tests last night. I was travelling into my local town and the car in front stopped suddenly. I was not close enough for it to be nearly an accident but naturally wondered what had caused this sudden application of the brake pedal. The answer a family putting up their Christmas Tree :) Also I have been invited to a Christmas Party night yay one problem though ... and its a big problem ... its the night of the Late Late Toy show Boo!!! Boo!!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My work Christmas party is on the night of the Late Late toy show this year!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    My work Christmas party is on the night of the Late Late toy show this year!

Sky plus the Toy Show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

If it helps, I couldn't find the Christmas duvet set in king size. I think they only do it in single and double. I was very upset.

I got my king size one in guineys :-)

It made me smile, still feel sad for you though

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Just booked the annual Santa train excursion this evening! It seemed to book out much earlier than previous years, the only time we could get that suited was 8pm on the 23rd. Can't wait though!!

Toots wrote: »
    Just booked the annual Santa train excursion this evening! It seemed to book out much earlier than previous years, the only time we could get that suited was 8pm on the 23rd. Can't wait though!!

Oooh let us know how it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭D0NNELLY

Two single duvets! You're welcome!

D0NNELLY wrote: »
    Two single duvets! You're welcome!

I'm very much a 'steal the duvet' kind of person. Not sure if that would work out too well with single duvets. :D

Apparently BTs are unveiling their Christmas windows today.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Loughc wrote: »
    Oooh let us know how it is!

We've gone to the same place the last 3 years and it's always been great; The Amber Springs in Gorey. It's a bit of a trek for us getting down there, but definitely worth it.

The only thing with this year is my little man has started primary school, so mid week was pretty much out. The 22nd is the day they finish up, so my hubby booked the day off work so we could do the train but in the 2 days it took to confirm the day off the 22nd sold out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Toots wrote: »
    We've gone to the same place the last 3 years and it's always been great; The Amber Springs in Gorey. It's a bit of a trek for us getting down there, but definitely worth it.

The only thing with this year is my little man has started primary school, so mid week was pretty much out. The 22nd is the day they finish up, so my hubby booked the day off work so we could do the train but in the 2 days it took to confirm the day off the 22nd sold out :pac:

Ohhhh.. this is where we are going for our santa trip this year! Heard so much about it, can't wait :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Over the past 2 mornings we watched Frosty the Snowman. The little fella is still very young so doesn't sit for long but loved the film. At the end when people are hugging he was saying "huuug awwww" and hugging me. Then danced around to the song at the end.
    It has me really really looking forward to cosy evenings and films and board games and the fire lit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Last year there was big christmas ball lights put up in the trees at each corner of the park, they were lovely. We were driving by it this morning (as we do every morning) and my god-daughter (3) asked where was the Christmas lights! Was disappointed when I told her they won't be up for a while.

She is mad about Christmas, we were looking at the decorations in Penneys the other day and she launched into jungle bells (only one she knows) and was skipping around the shop singing it, people must have thought we were mad!

Her mam is coming to Berlin too so we told her that we were going to see Santa for a few days to make sure he is making the right toys for her so she needs to stay with Nana while we go! When we went away for New Years last year we said we were going to work - big mistake, she wouldn't let us go to work for months - we had to say we were going for pints every morning! She only started letting us go to work again after we went on holidays in June because she wanted us to go to work so we could make money for another holiday!

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm waiting in a train station, it has a piano that people can play if they feel like it - someone is playing Walking in the Air :)

(It kind of makes me want to take up the piano again)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Apparently BTs are unveiling their Christmas windows today.

I can confirm that they have and it's gorgeous!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    I can confirm that they have and it's gorgeous!!

They had a small gospel choir outside singing Christmas carols and were handing out free candy canes too!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Went picking the very last of the edible blackberries today and they are now sitting in my freezer waiting to be taken back out on Christmas eve for magic custard cake. S decided yesterday that Santa would prefer a slice of magic custard cake to cookies when he comes on Christmas eve (so yay that's less baking to rush through on Christmas eve!). Normally when we are picking blackberries S eats at least a quarter of them but today it was such slim pickings I had to limit his consumption so I'd have enough for a cake so I kept reminding him that the blackberries were for Santa!

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Meadow and Byrnes have their Christmas window done put in Clare Hall. Looks amazing. I'm not sure of its the shop, or the window just,

We're heading into town tomorrow for brunch and we were planning on going to Brown Thomas anyway so I can't wait to see the windows!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

263c32p.jpg

The Christmas duvets just keep getting better and better!!

• Advertisement

Christmas decorations going up in Blackrock Centre today! I was shocked to find I didn't notice them first, my 4 year old did, clearly the force is strong with this one!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement