Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

This time next week it will be the first day of old time!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

That's right. The clocks go back!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

re BT Christmas shop as this was my first time there I cannot judge vs previous years but yes I thought it was small especially with all the comments on here. I bought a few decorations might get more next year all going well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

My mam sent me a picture of her trolley in tesco today full with just her christmas stock :pac: all tins of sweets selection boxes etc and my traditional galaxy selection box hidden between some dairy milk sweet tubs :) it's definitly feeling closer to christmas when my mam is getting prepared ! She's a notorious last minute shopper :p

I have all my hair / beauty appointments booked , dogs booked into groomers , bought the voucher for Mr glitz barber shop razor shave thingy ( I'm sure it has an actual name but yes that's what I call it :pac: ) and have my clients booking their Christmas appointments already ! I can litterly taste christmas already :) it has been one seriously productive weekend !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

345kco4.jpg

This sums up the Christmas feeling exactly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,158 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    dogs booked into groomers , bought the voucher for Mr glitz barber shop razor shave thingy ( I'm sure it has an actual name but yes that's what I call it :pac: ) !

Whatever about the dogs, are you talking about a hot towel shave for the other half?? Turkish barbers are great at it.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Whatever about the dogs, are you talking about a hot towel shave for the other half?? Turkish barbers are great at it.

That's the one Grandeeod! Can never remember the name. Thankfully the barber knows me by know and what I mean and doesn't laugh lol ! Mr glitz is in the army so shaves daily. He gets this done in early / mid December as it lasts longer and means he can give his skin a break ( or so im told :D ) plus I'm not worried about him looking like a scruff over Christmas break !

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    That's the one Grandeeod! Can never remember the name. Thankfully the barber knows me by know and what I mean and doesn't laugh lol ! Mr glitz is in the army so shaves daily. He gets this done in early / mid December as it lasts longer and means he can give his skin a break ( or so im told :D ) plus I'm not worried about him looking like a scruff over Christmas break !

My husband is alternating between beard and no beard at the moment but I think I'll be encouraging him to shave it off long enough before Christmas so that it looks scruffy for the big day. I love his mother's reaction to him looking scruffy. :D

What ever it is about this time of year I always get it into my head I have a million little jobs to do and tear half the house apart. Poor Mr glitz has to run and hide when he sees me coming with a list :p

Have an absaloute mental week this coming week hoping go get boys room all painted and finished , have started some pinterest inspired home deco arts and crafts and have pulled half my wardrobe apart to sort through the clothes. On the plus side I have allocated a drawer just to christmas jumpers/ dresses alone. It's a personal goal of mine to have a Christmas jumper or dress for each day in December :pac: ... I may need more drawers :o

My husband is alternating between beard and no beard at the moment but I think I'll be encouraging him to shave it off long enough before Christmas so that it looks scruffy for the big day. I love his mother's reaction to him looking scruffy. :D

Oh I can't deal with it at all! Although I accept no responsibility for my extreme reactions to Mr glitz scruffiness. Mr glitz has a lively habit of not shaving on days he is not working , and when his beard is growing out its sharp and scratchy and the lovely man that Mr glitz is , he deliberately rubs it off my face or arm or skin to drive me mad ! I'm dreading the day he retires ... he wants to look like one of the hairy bikers :o

Toto I love it ! Hahaha such a simple but effective plan :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

My parents are back from the states on November 10th. So the tree one of three will be going up that weekend,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Firstly I just wanted to say this day two months is CHRISTMAS EVE!!!! Eeeekkkk!!!

Also yesterday (Sunday) was one of the busiest days this forum has ever seen! So thank you to everyone who's posting and contributing it really is a joy and a privilege to be a part of this forum with ye all!

I'm loving just how much ye all are posting and the excitement in here tonight, it's completely blown away any hint of the Sunday blues! We are now only 9 Mondays away from Christmas!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

Loughc wrote: »
    Firstly I just wanted to say this day two months is CHRISTMAS EVE!!!! Eeeekkkk!!!

Also yesterday (Sunday) was one of the busiest days this forum has ever seen! So thank you to everyone who's posting and contributing it really is a joy and a privilege to be a part of this forum with ye all!

I'm loving just how much ye all are posting and the excitement in here tonight, it's completely blown away any hint of the Sunday blues! We are now only 9 Mondays away from Christmas!!

9?? Omg that makes 8 weeks, Sunday is christmas day I believe. WHERE DID I LEAVE MY WALLET

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

Ah I hate the old time :mad: I go to bed early and get up earlyish so when the clocks change my calls and skypes to home are an hour later. Now I love my family and pals but form 9.30pm onwards I am running at about 40%.

345kco4.jpg

This sums up the Christmas feeling exactly!

I never got a tatoo because I couldnt settle on something I love but this had me thinking.....

Loughc thanks for all the work keeping the forum going. I stop posting at 6pm my time but get email notifications all evening on my phone. I look at none of them till the next morning so I know I will have a fun start to the day.

We need to run a book on the first pic of a 2017 christmas tree!!

I am flying in this Friday, land around noon and meeting pals for after work beers in town, has a serious Christmas vibe to it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,201 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    I can confirm that they have and it's gorgeous!!
    Going to have a look at lunch time now that you have reminded me they are there :D
    leahyl wrote: »
    My Christmas cake went into the oven at 10.45 so should be ready by 3.15! It's starting to smell nice now!!

Speaking of hotels at christmas, i'm going for festive afternoon tea in Hayfield Manor on 3rd December - cant wait!
    Festive afternoon tea sounds amazing, I must see who is doing it near home and arrange something with friends/sisters. Great idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

kitten_k wrote: »

That's the wrong question to be asking in here! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

kitten_k wrote: »

Nope no way. buy it.... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I can just picture my friends face when I say it to her that I want one for the main bathroom!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You'd be crazy if you didn't buy a Christmas shower curtain!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

Posy wrote: »
    You'd be crazy if you didn't buy a Christmas shower curtain!!

I don't even have a shower that takes curtains and I'm buying one

I don't even have a shower that takes curtains and I'm buying one

I don't like shower curtains and I briefly considered getting one!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

I was walking past the Tram Cafe at Jervis st earlier and Rudolph the red nose reindeer was playing over their speakers.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I like this idea :)

399969.JPG

^^^^Thats class

2 Months to the big day!!!! :D

2 Months to the big day!!!! :D
    1 month until the Gilmore Girls revival!

• Advertisement

1 month until the Gilmore Girls revival!

Not my kind of show but at least the walking dead is back :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement