Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Jude13

1 month until the Gilmore Girls revival!

A big reason me and the dog are exercising more, I come home form work and my OH has this one. It's tv cinnamon.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I gave up on The Walking Dead around the start of season 4. It's 90% boring, 10% gruesome. The gruesome can be done very well (I especially enjoyed Judith's birth considering I watched it while I was in labour!) but I don't find it an enjoyable or thought provoking show. I gave up on Game of Thrones too, although that is more entertaining. I'm looking forward to Gilmore Girls, I hated it when it first started as RTE used to air it in the 7th Heaven slot, and it was tainted by association. I'm glad I eventually watched it on E4 as it's actually great, though I don't know how much I could handle of Lorelai if I knew her in real life.

The best show on tv, and the one that helps me get over my post Christmas ennui is The Americans. Nobody watches it but it's so smart, brilliant and original.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Loughc wrote: »

I love the large jars Yankee in Blanchardstown said most of the Christmas stock will be out the end of this week, they had Cinnamon Stick large jar for 19.95

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

iguana wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to Gilmore Girls, I hated it when it first started as RTE used to air it in the 7th Heaven slot, and it was tainted by association. I'm glad I eventually watched it on E4 as it's actually great, though I don't know how much I could handle of Lorelai if I knew her in real life.

I used to love 7th Heaven. :D It was repeated a few years ago on some rubbish channel during the day and I realised how truly awful it was!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I used to love 7th Heaven. :D It was repeated a few years ago on some rubbish channel during the day and I realised how truly awful it was!

Sometimes it's best not to revisit these things!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Might I also recommend Sparkling Snow? It's epic. I don't see Pine Tree in there, I hope they sell it this year, it smells exactly like a Christmas Tree.

My first Christmas treat of the year!

Also, I think they're filming something Christmassy near where I am. I shall investigate and report back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The ultimate Christmas movie should be The Christmas Shoes. It acts as a reminder his lukcy we all are that we haven't fallen on hard times and are forced to act in desperation.
    So spare a thought for Rob Lowe...

Let it snow!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Let it snow!

Omg are they filming an ad??!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    Omg are they filming an ad??!!

And double OMG does that mean the classic Guinness Ad will be no more!!! :-O

Hopefully it's just a photo shoot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

If it's a new ad they might show that one first and when it gets closer to Christmas they show the old version, I say hopefully. ;) If there is a new ad it better be as good as the original!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I read something about that ad not being allowed anymore under new advertising regulations...

I haven't seen any activity yet so they may be waiting until later to do anything with it. I felt a bit sorry for the tourists earlier when I saw the cones out because they were ruining their photos but when they added the snow it was better than it usually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I haven't seen any activity yet so they may be waiting until later to do anything with it. I felt a bit sorry for the tourists earlier when I saw the cones out because they were ruining their photos but when they added the snow it was better than it usually is.

Well, there's only one thing for it.....you need to camp out overnight Toto and see what's going on :D

leahyl wrote: »
    Well, there's only one thing for it.....you need to camp out overnight Toto and see what's going on :D

Of course I will!

Update: they're ramping up the snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

They're switching on the Christmas lights on Grafton Street on November 13th, so excited, they're my favourite!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Of course I will!

That has made me positively giddy!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

My nieces birthday today and I had a cup of tea from a Christmas mug, a bit special as it wasn't from my own stash. Then on the way home, a house that decorates for charity were out setting up their lights and they had a lot of them on!! Oh what a day :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Folks on a very serious note does anyone know anyone who suffers from Christougenniatiko dentrophobia? I believe that is the correct term well it is according to my google. I know they probably are not on this forum but however. Also any tips on how to pronounce it?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

All the dates for Dublin's varoious Christmas lights switch on's
    400085.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

Just booked our tickets for the enchanted kingdom on Friday 2nd December. Then home to see the toy show! That'll start off December just nicely:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

I love Penneys I always keep an eye on this site check it out http://www.prshots.com/archive/images/penneys/?

matchthis wrote: »
    Just booked our tickets for the enchanted kingdom on Friday 2nd December. Then home to see the toy show! That'll start off December just nicely:D

Ah what a great day that will be for you!

Of course I will!

https://www.facebook.com/LovinDublin/posts/1561130447247053

Feeling quite smug that Toto broke the news to us first! :D

https://www.facebook.com/LovinDublin/posts/1561130447247053

Feeling quite smug that Toto broke the news to us first! :D

It was the best day!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    They're switching on the Christmas lights on Grafton Street on November 13th, so excited, they're my favourite!!
    Mine too! I CAN'T wait to see them. :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I am entirely blaming you people but I've ordered a Christmas shower curtain. I went with the one with all the little squares of pictures. I like it because you can probably still see the Christmassy-ness when it's pushed back and because I have a purple blind in my bathroom, so it's actually like this curtain was designed especially for me.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Warm-Corner-2016-High-Quality-165x180cm-Custom-Merry-Christmas-Fabric-Waterproof-Bathroom-Shower-Curtain-Free-Shipping/32751965118.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.p8q8cY#

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,771 ✭✭✭donegal_man

iguana wrote: »
    I am entirely blaming you people but I've ordered a Christmas shower curtain. I went with the one with all the little squares of pictures. I like it because you can probably still see the Christmassy-ness when it's pushed back and because I have a purple blind in my bathroom, so it's actually like this curtain was designed especially for me.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/Warm-Corner-2016-High-Quality-165x180cm-Custom-Merry-Christmas-Fabric-Waterproof-Bathroom-Shower-Curtain-Free-Shipping/32751965118.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000017.2.p8q8cY#

Def getting one of those also I'm just in from the pub and the page is fun to view with a scroll wheel mouse :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement