Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Shadow1983 wrote: »
    They're switching on the Christmas lights on Grafton Street on November 13th, so excited, they're my favourite!!

Already pencilled it in with the girlfriend. A day of hot chocolate, lights being turned on and a wander around looking at Christmas things. Sounds like a perfect day to me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Causey Farm booked for Monday December 19th for the kids to visit Santa :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I just realised I'm going to miss the Toy Show live this year.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I just realised I'm going to miss the Toy Show live this year.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:( I'm in two minds cos I think there's gonna be work drinks that night so, at the time, when someone mentioned it, I (stupidly) said I should be able to go but then realised it's the night of the toyshow! I know I can record it but it's just not the same as watching it live!! I might go for drinks earlier in the evening and come home for 9.30!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Me too as I will be away but we are going to watch it on the Monday with the Christmas lights on and a few goodies.

• Advertisement

kitten_k wrote: »
    Me too as I will be away but we are going to watch it on the Monday with the Christmas lights on and a few goodies.

Yeah we're away too. We'll wait until we come back to put up the tree (I don't want to have to deal with the cat sitter having to coral the cats with shiny sparkly tree ornaments when we're away!) so that'd be a fun night. Toy Show, Christmas Tree and jetlag. WOO! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I too am missing Toy Show live this year due to work party that night. I can't just come home for 9.30 though as party is 90 mins away from house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭WhoWhatWhere

Lost my debit card so no Christmas shopping for me this week :( gutted :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Lost my debit card so no Christmas shopping for me this week :( gutted :'(

Oh no, that sucks. :( Hope you get it sorted soon.

I won a Fitbit awhile back and it arrived today. It was like Christmas! I feel cheated though, because I'd say I did a lot of steps trying to find out what height and weight I am but because the thing wasn't set up yet they weren't counted.

Oh no, that sucks. :( Hope you get it sorted soon.

I won a Fitbit awhile back and it arrived today. It was like Christmas! I feel cheated though, because I'd say I did a lot of steps trying to find out what height and weight I am but because the thing wasn't set up yet they weren't counted.

To be honest I was moving bank accounts anyway, so I might as well just wait on the card to arrive from there! Still sucks though!!

• Advertisement

I officially have a another person to buy a Christmas present for as my new nephew arrived this morning :D:D:D

I officially have a another person to buy a Christmas present for as my new nephew arrived this morning :D:D:D

Awe congrats!! Just in time for Santa :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Great news congrats!!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Yep, can't WAIT for Halloween to be over. :D:D

Christmas Tree gone up on Patrick Street!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Yep, can't WAIT for Halloween to be over.

Neither can I!
    I just want all the Halloween decorations to be taken down so people will start putting up Christmas ones!
    Same with the candy, you can hide it all now and make a way for chocolate Santa's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Have only seen about 2 houses decorated for Halloween,
    no trick or treaters last year either, I wonder if (and why) Halloween is losing popularity??
    Anyway I'm doing to celebrate it myself like I do every year:rolleyes:
    I love watching The Nightmare Before Christmas on the 31st, its just the perfect transition movie!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

leahyl wrote: »
    Christmas Tree gone up on Patrick Street!
    Are the Christmas lights still not up yet on Grafton Street?? I'm dying here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I've just finished this! I'm so happy with it! Roll on Christmas so that I can put it on the table :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Shoe Lover wrote:
    I've just finished this! I'm so happy with it! Roll on Christmas so that I can put it on the table

Ooh that's beautiful, well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

I just put a freshly made Jack O'Lantern in the living room window.:D This must rule me out of this thread until next week!

cinnamony wrote: »
    Have only seen about 2 houses decorated for Halloween,
    no trick or treaters last year either, I wonder if (and why) Halloween is losing popularity??
    Anyway I'm doing to celebrate it myself like I do every year:rolleyes:
    I love watching The Nightmare Before Christmas on the 31st, its just the perfect transition movie!!

It's gone the other way where I live, it's like every second house is decorated for Halloween up here.

And last year it was the first year we ran out of trick or treat goodies so many people called in. I thought it's getting more popular if anything.

cinnamony wrote: »

HMV are currently selling the bluray for this for €6.93 bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I saw a couple of little kids on the way to school earlier in their costumes. The girl was wearing an enormous princess dress and struggling and the boy was wearing a top hat.

It's great seeing all the kids go to schools dressed up today - another reminder that Christmas is getting closer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

We picked up the Santa lists, but didn't see anything else. Thought we were a bit early. :o

Went to heatons and got a few bit. Nice selection and great value. Place is gonna be like a zoo with all the polar bears and reindeers. Great selection of sweets. Definitely a place worth checking out

Just saw this on facebook and I nearly lost my life from excitement! I want everything!!! Well, except maybe for the baby gro....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Love this xx

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement