Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2sani1e.jpg

I love this so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Passed by Hilton in Charlemont earlier tonight and they had their Christmas trees out by the entrance with the lights on and all!

I couldn't stop grinning from ear to ear as I was walking by.

I knew they usually put up their decorations for Christmas quite early on but this just was such a nice surprise to see.

Yay, my first tree of the season! 🙌

• Registered Users Posts: 30,538 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

We're planning our Christmas shopping trip and the people I've got to get presents for are going with me so I'm definitely going to buy all my presents!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,490 ✭✭✭Heroditas

25hrs 30mins and Christmas season officially begins*

*for me anyway (1st November)

Heroditas wrote: »
    25hrs 30mins and Christmas season officially begins*

*for me anyway (1st November)

I'd occasionally listen to Christmas songs and ads during the year but lately I've being holding off until November 1st. I can't wait until the ads start on TV now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I wrapped some presents today. Generally make a good start on the October weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,275 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

In London for the weekend and they have their big lights up on Oxford St and Regent St ready to be turned on! Also went into Liberty off Regent Street and they have a 4th floor full of Christmas stock so naturally I had a look - soooo beautiful! A lot of Gisele Graham decorations, which they have in BT but there was way more of them and they had fairy lights overhead (you kind of walk around in a circle and then there's a hollow in the middle where you look down to the floor below) - really lovely building but my is it pricy!

Today is our last day here and we're heading to the Harry Potter studio tour!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

Snuggled up in bed watching the Grinch with my three little ones, watched home alone yesterday morning!! Nothing nicer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Wonder when I will hear my first one

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

kitten_k wrote:
    Wonder when I will hear my first one

That is so on point though.
    And very true!

Can't wait to hear my first one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy bank holiday everyone as another poster said not long now till the season starts:D

I'm lounging around in my pjs looking at Christmas stuff online came across this I seen it in store last year I might just invest in it lol http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/duvet-covers/christmas-love-duvet-cover-red/invt/tbdchrlovred01

These look brilliant would be great props for photos http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/christmas-home-decorations/12-christmas-photograph-props/invt/067674

Going to pick them up for a party night we have coming up

SarahLil wrote: »
    Happy bank holiday everyone as another poster said not long now till the season starts:D

I'm lounging around in my pjs looking at Christmas stuff online came across this I seen it in store last year I might just invest in it lol http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/duvet-covers/christmas-love-duvet-cover-red/invt/tbdchrlovred01
    I'm thinking of getting that one too! It's lovely. Lounging in your pjs looking at Christmas stuff sounds like a lovely way to spend a few hours.
    SarahLil wrote: »
    These look brilliant would be great props for photos http://www.homestoreandmore.ie/christmas-home-decorations/12-christmas-photograph-props/invt/067674

Going to pick them up for a party night we have coming up

Definitely getting these. My family are big on photographs but I realised recently that I have no photos from the years I haven't been with my own family. Hopefully these will encourage more photos this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Was in homestore this morning, they're only putting out a lot of christmas stuff today. Picked up a few decorations but will head back in a week or 2 for the rest, need baubles for my garland and new multicolored Lights for the kids tree

Was in homestore this morning, they're only putting out a lot of christmas stuff today. Picked up a few decorations but will head back in a week or 2 for the rest, need baubles for my garland and new multicolored Lights for the kids tree

Brilliant by next weekend hopefully they are fully stocked :D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Homestore and more in portlaoise had almost all there christmas stock out! Got a fair few bits in heatons but the attach link is missing !

Heatons have 30% off all cushions Inc the Christmas ones!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

A friend visited this weekend and gave me an advent calendar and some chocolate money... Only a month until I can start opening the calendar :)

Happy Halloween everyone!

f49b79b4f036b8c7d345572999b54385.jpg

I'm doing the no crap, no alcohol thing in prep for the debauchery that is December! It starts tonight, so what do I eat as my treat tonight?!?!

• Advertisement

Never even thought about advent calendars only being a month away!

Went to Penneys to buy Elf jammies as a present but they had none. I'm sure they'll be back in. They didn't have the Late Late Show ones either, but they had some of the other Late Late Show stuff.

I'm doing the no crap, no alcohol thing in prep for the debauchery that is December! It starts tonight, so what do I eat as my treat tonight?!?!

All the food!!!

All the food!!!

I like your thinking . . . .

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

All the food!!!

I second this.

The Power of Love was just on the radio. I always think of it as a Christmas song. My husband disagrees but he was alive when it was released and I wasn't so I grew up with it on Christmas CDs and he remembers it before then!

The Power of Love was just on the radio. I always think of it as a Christmas song. My husband disagrees but he was alive when it was released and I wasn't so I grew up with it on Christmas CDs and he remembers it before then!

Same here. I often find people talk about the old version being great but I love the new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭thisistough

Dundrum have all of their decorations up, all ready to turn on the lights!! Eek

I'm thinking of getting that one too! It's lovely. Lounging in your pjs looking at Christmas stuff sounds like a lovely way to spend a few hours.

Definitely getting these. My family are big on photographs but I realised recently that I have no photos from the years I haven't been with my own family. Hopefully these will encourage more photos this year!

Toto Wolfcastle enjoyed my afternoon lounging thanks
    We had something like these props for a birthday and they were great craic, the Christmas ones would be really cool, I often buy disposable cameras for nights out as it encourages me to get the photos printed we have had them over the years at Christmas too I do get awful slagging over the disposable camera I do say ah leave my iPhone 8 alone😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

No King Size Christmas Duvets in Penny's today that i seen. Ah well will try again next week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Only a few more hours until the Christmas season really begins.

If we lived in the US, we would have thanksgiving in the way of Christmas.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement