Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Currently watching The Grinch, really seems like a DVD day. I put it on for the littles ones of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

I came back from night out on Friday before going to bed, I sat down and watch Family Guy, I was sober-ish at the times, I thought I saw Morrison Xmas Advert

Anyone seen that advert?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Out shopping with my Mum yesterday and ended up (accidently on purpose!) buying some small Christmas presents :) totally giving the (blame) credit to this forum for this wondrous feat of early planning.
    I just need to keep up the momentum now between now and the big day.
    This happened me before and I made the totally amateur mistake of allowing smugness and apathy to take hold and ended up having to do a complete panic shop in the few days before Christmas to get the remaining gifts. The ones outstanding were of course the people that are the hardest to buy for, so this year I am totally determined to get them in early so if I still have things to get nearer Christmas, its stuff that I will enjoy shopping for!

Did out a pressie list the other day and worked out what I thought was a low cost budget: face was left like this for a significant period of time! >>>:eek: It will require some clever shopping, so think I will be haunting this forum for bargains! Keep up the good work Boardsies. Happy Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Just found this thread :D Bought my 1st xmas present today, also got a tin of roses..........so tempted to open them but will try to wait until toyshow night. LOVE Christmas!!! May just have to watch the snowman now that its official with the 1st pressie in the house and all.
    Oh my god the Budweiser horsey add I need that now!

Just found this thread :D Bought my 1st xmas present today, also got a tin of roses..........so tempted to open them but will try to wait until toyshow night. LOVE Christmas!!! May just have to watch the snowman now that its official with the 1st pressie in the house and all.
    Oh my god the Budweiser horsey add I need that now!

Open the Roses to celebrate buying the first gift......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭groucho marx

Mayo Gurl wrote: »
    Open the Roses to celebrate buying the first gift......

Briliant idea :-D

I was checking the calendar to book flights and I just realised it 11 weeks on Wednesday to the big day. Wow is the time flying in!! I'm actually surprised that there's not more Christmassey stuff around :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Just sat trough an old"All Creatures Great & Small" Christmas episode - really old fashioned and lovely - feel all Christmasified now......all-creatures-great-and-small-merry-gentlemen-17.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Merry Christmas everyone :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

King Krib wrote: »
    Merry Christmas everyone :-)

And a merry Christmas build up to you kind sir!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

Was in Woodies today, OMG!!! they have alot of the Christmas stock out. Really lovely stuff.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Was in Woodies today, OMG!!! they have alot of the Christmas stock out. Really lovely stuff.

Itching to get to my local one for a look! The weekend would want to hurry up! haha!

Had my first toasted Stollen of the season on Sunday - burned my finger on the molten sugar but worth it - it is NOW officially the run up to Christmas! :D:D

Loughc wrote: »
    Itching to get to my local one for a look! The weekend would want to hurry up! haha!

I can't decide if breaking a shelf on the pretence of going to Woodies to look for another is actually justified.

My OH won't go otherwise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Love2love wrote: »
    I can't decide if breaking a shelf on the pretence of going to Woodies to look for another is actually justified.

My OH won't go otherwise

I say go for it. Would you like to borrow a hammer?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Love2love wrote: »

My OH won't go otherwise
    Tell him a real man wouldn't need an excuse to go to Woodies. :pac:

(If you're a gay couple however, break that shelf and break it good.)

Posy wrote: »
    Tell him a real man wouldn't need an excuse to go to Woodies. :pac:

(If you're a gay couple however, break that shelf and break it good.)

You would think that wouldn't you? Nah, sometimes I think I'm the man and he's the woman. These metrosexual types, they're just blurring the lines.....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Just saw a tv ad for Christmas at disneyland Paris. Went years ago, it was only wonderful! Every year my sister bugs me for us to go again.

I'd love to, but sadly we have the passed the age where I our mother will pay for us so it ain't happening :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I got the baby his christmas clothes today so have it now done for 2 of them.
    I need to go find out how last years decorations are now and then the kids can start making more:)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Emcm

Oh no I hear Woodies calling me and my Visa debit card already getting scared !!!! I just so love Woodies at Christmas I like it even better come December when they sell off all the stock at 70% off !!!!!

• Advertisement

I put the chat on the Customer Services man in our local Homebase the week before last & he told me their Christmas stock will be out in 3 weeks meaning it'll be very soon and he also said the stuff is really nice this year (well he would I suppose :rolleyes:) But to be fair, their baubles are always top drawer - still raging I didn't buy some of the Stag ones last year grrrrrr.

Oh, if this little get together is going ahead, I thought of maybe also heading to Stock on South King St after BTs......similar decs but LOADS of them. Watcha think, fellow elves?

This is today's Christmas fave - can't get it out of my head....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

I just notice, it's 11 weeks today ! It's getting closer! (and colder lol )

Couldn't feel my hands when I was at the school gates at 2 - its a good sign ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Pennys is running out of christmas jumpers,well only the nice ones lol
    I got the kids their christmas pjs and they picked out a lovely tasteful christmas jumper for the husband...he will not like it but will wear it for them!!

Good on ya Mr Moonbeam! I got the red reindeer one last year for DH and he actually wore it, the smallies and I were delighted. Hes a suit & tie guy Monday to Friday, so its totally the opposite to his usual attire.

Brrrrrr!!!!

It's 3 degrees here this morning in Dublin! It's bone chillingly cold and I'm loving it! Christmas is a coming now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ZeroBarry

First Christmas living in my own place, I'm going to have to chat to the girlfriend about Christmas arrangements with visiting families etc. I love going up the country to my fathers place the weekend before Christmas Day. My Christmas Holidays are a week and a half where I work so I have the time to travel, but I don't want the Girlfriend to be alone in the house while I'm gone as her holidays are much shorter than mine.

Any advise people? I want to enjoy Christmas with both parties that I love and care for very much, but I'm conscious of hurting one if I choose to spend time with the other.

P.S: Sorry if I have turned the trending happy mood down with my post

ZeroBarry wrote: »
    First Christmas living in my own place, I'm going to have to chat to the girlfriend about Christmas arrangements with visiting families etc. I love going up the country to my fathers place the weekend before Christmas Day. My Christmas Holidays are a week and a half where I work so I have the time to travel, but I don't want the Girlfriend to be alone in the house while I'm gone as her holidays are much shorter than mine.

Any advise people? I want to enjoy Christmas with both parties that I love and care for very much, but I'm conscious of hurting one if I choose to spend time with the other.

P.S: Sorry if I have turned the trending happy mood down with my post

It's a yearly quandary for a lot of people, ZB, but it usually works itself out after a couple of Christmases :) I take it your Girlfriend will be working the weekend before & can't travel with you?

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

There is change in the air alright... how exciting. (even the NON Christmas persons can feel the difference!)

ZB - organising Christmas and holidays can be difficult initially. BUT the trick is to hold on to the traditions you want and MAKE new traditions with your partner!

• Advertisement

Dublin Christmas tree lighting cermonies have been announced :)

Grafton Street : 14th November, 6pm
    Henry Street : 17th November, 4:30pm
    O'Connell Street : 24th November, 4:30pm

For anyone who hasn't been to these, the main one is O'Connell Street. Traffic diversion in place with on street entertainment, choir singing Christmas carols, The Lord Mayor hosts it and it's Fab!! We make a real family day out of it with all my brothers, kids, grandparents ect. Go see Santa and have a nice meal and then stay around town for this. Then I go home and put up my tree. I cannot wait!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement