Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Heroditas wrote: »
    I've now changed channels. I also was on the receiving end of the rolling of the eyes. :D

Yea me too. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Hufflepuff wrote: »
    Hi strippedboxers i cant quote a post from my phone but homestore and more have sparkling cinnamon large jar for 17.99 .
    SarahLil wrote: »
    Cinnamon stick large was less than 20 euro from Yankee in Blanchardstown, Sparkling Cinnamon is on special in Homestore and more I think it's less than 19euro, Happy Shopping I will be stocking up myself love them

Thanks so much. I had a look there and the Sparkling Cinnamon isn't available online and I don't have a Homestore and More near me either :( Oh well. I'll keep an eye out for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

I love pine scented candles but seem like gold dust! Can't find them anywhere.

I had a dream I was in a friends house and as i was leaving I noticed she had her decorations up! Christmas on the brain..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Season's greetings! :pac:

I'm an LTL (long-time lurker) in the Christmas forum, but decided I'd chip in. I'm already feeling very festive these days as it looks like I'll be hosting Christmas dinner in my house for the first time :eek:

I'm already practicing - we had baked ham and sprouts for dinner last night...not bad for a first attempt (yes, that was my first time ever cooking a ham!). I think it's going to be very Christmassy in my house for the next two months :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Bought my Dad's Christmas present yesterday (flights to Spain). :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Malari wrote: »

I'm an LTL (long-time lurker) in the Christmas forum, but decided I'd chip in. I'm already feeling very festive these days as it looks like I'll be hosting Christmas dinner in my house for the first time :eek:

I'm already practicing - we had baked ham and sprouts for dinner last night...not bad for a first attempt (yes, that was my first time ever cooking a ham!). I think it's going to be very Christmassy in my house for the next two months :D

Welcome Malari, I know you from other parts of boards! This is a very happy place :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Malari wrote:
    Season's greetings!

Malari wrote:
    I'm an LTL (long-time lurker) in the Christmas forum, but decided I'd chip in. I'm already feeling very festive these days as it looks like I'll be hosting Christmas dinner in my house for the first time

Malari wrote:
    I'm already practicing - we had baked ham and sprouts for dinner last night...not bad for a first attempt (yes, that was my first time ever cooking a ham!). I think it's going to be very Christmassy in my house for the next two months

Welcome Malari!

And what a festive dinner to have on 1st November! Nothing better to kick off the season.

Congrats on the ham as well!
    I'll be attempting my first ever turkey this year, too so really getting excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Booked Xmas holidays from work today, also started thinking about presents too.....you'd know it was November! Would like to have it all sorted by end of the month, December is too busy to have to worry about presents!

kfallon wrote: »
    Booked Xmas holidays from work today, also started thinking about presents too.....you'd know it was November! Would like to have it all sorted by end of the month, December is too busy to have to worry about presents!

I agree! I always find that December is filled with lovely meals out and drinks and meeting up with people that we haven't seen for a long time and it can be hard to really kick back and relax and enjoy this time when there are still things to be done! :)

Luckily I am going to two (possibly three!) Christmas markets in the UK this month, so I'm hoping to pick up some little, unique gifts and decorations. I actually started shopping in September while I was away so I have very little to do. What usually happens then is I see things and think "Oh, <sister/friend/mother> would LOVE that" forgetting I have something for them months ago :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Did ye notice first of Christmas ads yesterday. RTE1...Tesco ..and this morning...on TV3 one of the catalogues had an ad.:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

OldNotWIse wrote: »
    I agree! I always find that December is filled with lovely meals out and drinks and meeting up with people that we haven't seen for a long time and it can be hard to really kick back and relax and enjoy this time when there are still things to be done! :)

Henry St or Grafton St of a Saturday in December with a hangover is my idea of hell :pac:

kfallon wrote: »
    Henry St or Grafton St of a Saturday in December with a hangover is my idea of hell :pac:
    Or that well known catalogue store, where come 10th December, EVERYTHING is out of stock, even things you don't want:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Welcome Malari well done on the cooking, I am attempting my first Christmas Dinner too this year French Girl and Malari, anyone else?

there really is a buzz in the air I am watching Food Network Christmas cooking as I type

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭shellycub

Sorry if it has already been discussed, does anyone know if there will be any christmas markets this year?

My mam gets more excited about Christmas than I do. She's coming to Dublin in a few weekends and I was hoping I could bring her to a christmas market...can't find any info about the usual chq one though....

SarahLil wrote: »
    Welcome Malari well done on the cooking, I am attempting my first Christmas Dinner too this year French Girl and Malari, anyone else?

there really is a buzz in the air I am watching Food Network Christmas cooking as I type

I've been looking through food magazines for inspiration - all the Christmas issues are out! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Welcome Malari! :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

OHMYGODTHELIGHTS. HENRYSTREETLIGHTS.
    THELIGHTSAREUP.

*breathes*
    *tries to calm down*

The Christmas lights are up on Henry Street in Dublin and they are DIFFERENT. NEW. NEW LIGHTS.
    NEW!!! I'm quite excited by this turn of events. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Malari wrote: »

Welcome to the happiest place on Boards Malari. Congrats on the cooking the other day.
    Posy wrote: »
    OHMYGODTHELIGHTS. HENRYSTREETLIGHTS.
    THELIGHTSAREUP.

*breathes*
    *tries to calm down*

The Christmas lights are up on Henry Street in Dublin and they are DIFFERENT. NEW. NEW LIGHTS.
    NEW!!! I'm quite excited by this turn of events. :D:D

Sounds like a good idea for a road trip. Think I will have to wait though I am up in Dublin a few times before Christmas though.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

shellycub wrote: »
    Sorry if it has already been discussed, does anyone know if there will be any christmas markets this year?

My mam gets more excited about Christmas than I do. She's coming to Dublin in a few weekends and I was hoping I could bring her to a christmas market...can't find any info about the usual chq one though....

Details of the rest of the Christmas lineup and the markets will be released according to the Dublin town site early November. So hopefully this week!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

SarahLil wrote:

SarahLil wrote:

Ahhh, join the club, SarahLil!

I have a feeling we are going to nail it this year. ðŸ˜

2ypit0o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I will be making our first Christmas dinner for us as a trio. Last year we were at my parents and year before he was only 12 days old so there was no cooking done!

Rather than the usual, carefully put together, late evening dinner, we will be having it early afternoon and will be skipping the starter this year. The boy is at a "can't sit still for five mins" stage so if we all manage to sit together for a mains it'll be great! Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,491 ✭✭✭Heroditas

A Lidl Christmas brochure came through the door today. By all means not their definitive one but it's a nice start. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,159 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Heroditas wrote: »
    A Lidl Christmas brochure came through the door today. By all means not their definitive one but it's a nice start. :D

If its the small one, it has lobster and crab in it along with a very decent 4 bird roast. I got it today. Lots of interesting things in it and my attention was drawn to a chilli oil for only 1.50!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Do they have the fig confit back in?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,491 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Grandeeod wrote: »
    If its the small one, it has lobster and crab in it along with a very decent 4 bird roast. I got it today. Lots of interesting things in it and my attention was drawn to a chilli oil for only 1.50!

Yep that's the one.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Just checked online, they have the fig confit back in. I'm so happy, delicious Christmassy cheese and ham toastie for me tomorrow night! And Friday breakfast and again for supper. And Saturday breakfast and on and on and on! :D So happy.

Eta: For anyone who is interested you toast 3-4 slices of brown stoneground bread on one side, spread on fig confit on the toasted side and caramelise under the grill. Thinly slice enough goat's cheese to cover all the toast and then put it back under the grill to melt the cheese. Turn the grill off and add parma ham to each piece of toast and leave it back under the still warm grill for about a minute so the ham starts to crisp. Then eat. It's so yum. Perfect with coffee in the morning and delicious with a cup of tea in the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

nscpxhhq99vx.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

iguana wrote: »
    Do they have the fig confit back in?

Yes! I may have had to sample a jar this week!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement