Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,203 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Spotted them starting to set up the ice rink at Blanchardstown this morning :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Apparently we are in for snow! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Posy wrote: »
    OHMYGODTHELIGHTS. HENRYSTREETLIGHTS.
    THELIGHTSAREUP.

*breathes*
    *tries to calm down*

The Christmas lights are up on Henry Street in Dublin and they are DIFFERENT. NEW. NEW LIGHTS.
    NEW!!! I'm quite excited by this turn of events. :D:D
    iguana wrote: »

Eta: For anyone who is interested you toast 3-4 slices of brown stoneground bread on one side, spread on fig confit on the toasted side and caramelise under the grill. Thinly slice enough goat's cheese to cover all the toast and then put it back under the grill to melt the cheese. Turn the grill off and add parma ham to each piece of toast and leave it back under the still warm grill for about a minute so the ham starts to crisp. Then eat. It's so yum. Perfect with coffee in the morning and delicious with a cup of tea in the evening.
    OldNotWIse wrote: »
    Apparently we are in for snow! :)

STOP IT YOU GUYS I HAVE TO DO A FULL DAYS WORK STILL :D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I have my puddings on the boil :D:D:D

Eta: For anyone who is interested you toast 3-4 slices of brown stoneground bread on one side, spread on fig confit on the toasted side and caramelise under the grill. Thinly slice enough goat's cheese to cover all the toast and then put it back under the grill to melt the cheese. Turn the grill off and add parma ham to each piece of toast and leave it back under the still warm grill for about a minute so the ham starts to crisp. Then eat. It's so yum. Perfect with coffee in the morning and delicious with a cup of tea in the evening.

This sounds AMAZING!!!! Defo going to pick up a jar to try!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,468 ✭✭✭✭OldNotWIse

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    I have my puddings on the boil :D:D:D

There should be a yankee candle that smells like puddings on the boil :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Spent yesterday testing out my new christmas village pieces Mr glitz bought me. Have them all set up on hallway console table. sure that's a start now I may keep going woth the rest of the decorations :D

Where did he get the village stuff? I really want some but the pieces in Woodies are sooo expensive. Mr. Shoe Lover wants to wait until January to get them!!!!

Also, anyone know where you can get an advent calendar with pictures inside instead of chocolate? My little girl is only one so don't really want to get a chocolate one.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Where did he get the village stuff? I really want some but the pieces in Woodies are sooo expensive. Mr. Shoe Lover wants to wait until January to get them!!!!

Woodies sell there stock normally on sale mid December you will pick up some great bargains. Also check heatons and homestore and more heatons have houses that light and play music from 10 euro the ones in homestore and more are fab and about 40 each they might be included in the sale in December at half
    Price

• Advertisement

Also, anyone know where you can get an advent calendar with pictures inside instead of chocolate? My little girl is only one so don't really want to get a chocolate one.....

Pound shop or online? Maybe amazon or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Saw this in the Aldi mailer last week, I'm getting one if there's any left.

Nutcracker Advent calendar

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm pretty sure Easons does non chocolate ones too. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

My siblings and I used to make each other advent calendars when we were kids :P That was probably before they were such a big thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Just checked online, they have the fig confit back in. I'm so happy, delicious Christmassy cheese and ham toastie for me tomorrow night! And Friday breakfast and again for supper. And Saturday breakfast and on and on and on! :D So happy.

Fab my mouth is watering, can you recommended goats cheese brand thanks

Just seen the An Post Christmas Ad OMG Love it

SarahLil wrote: »

If you shop in Lidl they've a lovely one that comes in a "roll" almost. I can't think of the brand but it's in a white wrapper. It's delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I miss getting to post in here during the day. I should give up my job and prioritise this forum.

I'm on the world's longest bus trip home so I'm listening to a Christmas playlist on Deezer to cheer myself up.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Just seen the An Post Christmas Ad OMG Love it

You mean the one with Walking in the Air?

If you shop in Lidl they've a lovely one that comes in a "roll" almost. I can't think of the brand but it's in a white wrapper. It's delicious.

Thanks I do in deed I will check it out

• Advertisement

leahyl wrote: »
    You mean the one with Walking in the Air?

No the one "it's that time of year" where when the Christmas cards come through the letterbox you know it's Christmas

I miss getting to post in here during the day. I should give up my job and prioritise this forum.

I'm on the world's longest bus trip home so I'm listening to a Christmas playlist on Deezer to cheer myself up.

Toto I hope your all wrapped up or home by now it's bitter cold out, I am only in myself we are changing Tv providers and we've no Tv only internet going to surf the net for Christmassy stuff while having a cuppa and get to my bed early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Posy wrote: »
    OHMYGODTHELIGHTS. HENRYSTREETLIGHTS.
    THELIGHTSAREUP.

*breathes*
    *tries to calm down*

The Christmas lights are up on Henry Street in Dublin and they are DIFFERENT. NEW. NEW LIGHTS.
    NEW!!! I'm quite excited by this turn of events. :D:D

Ooh I can't wait to see them. I hope they are better than the old ones - I've always hated the blue lights on Henry St. I hate blue Christmas lights. Grafton Street's are up too and thankfully they're the usual beautiful ones.

It's so exciting seeing the city lights go up.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Toto I hope your all wrapped up or home by now it's bitter cold out, I am only in myself we are changing Tv providers and we've no Tv only internet going to surf the net for Christmassy stuff while having a cuppa and get to my bed early

I ended up missing my bus stop and having to walk home in the rain. Disaster. Going to bed early sounds like a fantastic idea!

I ended up missing my bus stop and having to walk home in the rain. Disaster. Going to bed early sounds like a fantastic idea!

Oh no get warm and some zzzz's, tomorrow's another day and it's Friday how many more Fridays to the big day!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

That's the one I normally use.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

SarahLil wrote:
    Oh no get warm and some zzzz's, tomorrow's another day and it's Friday how many more Fridays to the big day!!

Only 8 Fridays left!!! 😄

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

That means there's only 7 Thursdays left! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Posy wrote:
    That means there's only 7 Thursdays left!

Yup. And only 7 weekends, too.
    Wohooo!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I spent the whole day shopping. Total sheer and utter bliss!! The shops are bursting with Christmas stock. I got some new decorations, lots of presents, boxes of sweets and loads of stocking fillers. I actually didn't buy myself anything. Normally when Christmas shopping I always buy a Christmas present from me to me!!! I loved all the Christmas stock in the shops. If I won the lotto I wouldn't have stopped shopping!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement