Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

The fact that Christmas is coming is feeling weirdly surreal to me. This is the first year that I've posted in this forum all year long and somehow it's made Christmas mythical instead of something that's really going to happen in just a few weeks time.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

t8neip.jpg

Costa have released their Christmas cups lineup today. They look so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Had a Lindt hot chocolate from Costa this evening, it's like drinking velvet

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Brrrrrrr..... that walk to work this morning was colder than normal... Which is fantastic!! :D

I love the dry cold mornings, you could almost smell Christmas on a cold clear morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Loughc wrote: »
    Brrrrrrr..... that walk to work this morning was colder than normal... Which is fantastic!! :D

I love the dry cold mornings, you could almost smell Christmas on a cold clear morning.

I love the walk to work on days like this too. It's the perfect weather. And then the office feels extra cosy.

• Advertisement

Tomorrow is 50 days to Christmas.... ehhh... how did that happen! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Omg christmas is flying in ! Im lurking here all year then as soon as halloween is here and over I'm just sticking my head in every now and then to say hello ! I need to slow down this year. I'm going to go with the slow down and enjoy this time of year approach for a change !

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Off to the shops to do my Christmas shopping first time this year.
    I'm wearing my Christmas jumper and listening to Christmas FM.

Ahhh, I can't express the excitement!!! Eek!
    It's the perfect day.

What are John Lewis playing at! They aren't releasing this year's ad until the 10th!!!!! I was all ready for it yesterday and even watched lots of the old ones with S to prepare. 2011 is still my firm favourite, S adores last year's Sainsbury's ad. Both made me well up. The 10th is also S's birthday, so I'll be a bit busy ignoring Christmas for the day.

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Omg christmas is flying in ! Im lurking here all year then as soon as halloween is here and over I'm just sticking my head in every now and then to say hello ! I need to slow down this year. I'm going to go with the slow down and enjoy this time of year approach for a change !

Same here, it's always the way, wait all year for Christmas to come around and as soon as November hits i always wish I had more time to relax and enjoy it and soak it all in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I bought my first Christmas present. :) It's tickets to Billy Connolly in Dublin in February for my dad. He has been a BC fan all his life but has never seen him live. I am more excited to give him the tickets than he probably will be to receive them!

I am more excited to give him the tickets than he probably will be to receive them!

The best kind of presents! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Decorations up in tesco. Just had to run over with a sick little boy to get water and fruit. Poor pet was just sitting there dazed and half asleep until he saw them then gave a big enthuastiac WOW. I think I have a mini Christmas nut on my hands!!

Agreed on a small budget for our gifts to each other with my husband so I'm all go on finding a nice gift for him.

Plus I'm allowed to buy my nieces Christmas clothes. She's a little doll so I'm really looking forward to going shopping for girly things. Although we also agreed on a budget of €20 for each other's kids so that'll keep me sensible.

There's a winter food and drink magazine in the Irish Times today. It has piece about how people who have moved to Ireland from other countries celebrate Christmas. It's fascinating. I have a subscription to the epaper (well, my husband does) so I read it online but it's worth a buy. It has some lovely gift ideas in it too and plenty of recipes.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Tigger1

So pretty I had to put in on display straight away!

Ah feck it, image to large.

Actually pic doesn't do it justice! Much warmer light in reality

That's beautiful! Where did it get it?

That's beautiful! Where did it get it?

It's is so pretty, picked it up in my local hardware, Telford's Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

I bought my first Christmas present. It's tickets to Billy Connolly in Dublin in February for my dad. He has been a BC fan all his life but has never seen him live. I am more excited to give him the tickets than he probably will be to receive them!

I got the same for my Dad, see you there!!! Was just saying to someone today about how excited I am to give them to him, and it's something to look forward to after the comedown of Christmas. Hope you enjoy it!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Aw cool. :):)

I assume he'll take my mother along though rather than me!

Thanks you guys! I read your posts about Billy Connolly and thought that my dad should just love that. I had to book Belfast though as they are away with their club the night of the Dublin gig. It will be nice for a change of scene though, both my brother and I used to live in Dublin so they've spent lots of time there. While my dad hasn't been in Belfast since his rugby playing days and my mum has never been. I just have to find a nice hotel now!

It's such a lovely gift idea. You'd have to imagine that he won't be doing very many more gigs so I'd say there will be a lot of happy faces on Christmas morning!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

I practiced making a dessert for after our dinner on the big day but it really didn't work well so back to shop bought I think. Way too much effort and expense to be throwing things out. May as well make it easy on myself!

Wen't to dealz today. Only 3 types of wrapping paper and I wasn't impressed with any of them (a few years ago I'd have loved them but I was hoping for something bright and childlike). I did get a lovely decoration for hanging in the kitchen and a Christmas cushion for 1.50 - they had a lovely selection.

Hufflepuff wrote: »
    Had a Lindt hot chocolate from Costa this evening, it's like drinking velvet

I want one so bad!!!

Soon....

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Sky Christmas started today, haven't moved from the sofa, still in my pyjamas!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

amor3 wrote:
    Sky Christmas started today, haven't moved from the sofa, still in my pyjamas!

I've been walking around the house in my onesie all day. 😄
    I only really ever do that at Christmas so it's definitely beginning to look a lot like!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Got some Christmas special blend nespressos today :-)

It's such a lovely gift idea. You'd have to imagine that he won't be doing very many more gigs so I'd say there will be a lot of happy faces on Christmas morning!

Hopefully it will be a great gig. I think I'll print off the tickets and suggest we use the crackers I have from a cracker making kit for Christmas dinner. I'll put the tickets into a specially marked cracker and make sure Dad gets that one. When he goes to read the joke, he'll get a night of jokes instead!:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

iguana wrote:
    Hopefully it will be a great gig. I think I'll print off the tickets and suggest we use the crackers I have from a cracker making kit for Christmas dinner. I'll put the tickets into a specially marked cracker and make sure Dad gets that one. When he goes to read the joke, he'll get a night of jokes instead!

That's an excellent idea!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement