Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

What an fantastic idea with the crackers!! So creative I love it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Saw an ad for this on Facebook. If you need your chimney cleaned anyway and have kids it might be worth a look.

https://m.facebook.com/christmassweep/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Went up to Belfast today and treated myself to a Christmas jumper! Delighted with myself. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Hufflepuff

Much nicer that the blue ball lights they've had the last few years :)

http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-christmas-lights-3063074-Nov2016/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Hufflepuff wrote: »
    Much nicer that the blue ball lights they've had the last few years :)

http://www.thejournal.ie/dublin-christmas-lights-3063074-Nov2016/

They look great!!! Fantastic post!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

They still haven't up the lights in my neck of the woods so I hope they hurry up and do it cause I'm dying already :cool:

Speaking of lights when do you guys put up your trees?
    I live with my parents so I think we wont have one till mid december,
    with that said I will prooooobably buy a tree for my room, and bed covers and pjs :pac:

cinnamony wrote: »
    They still haven't up the lights in my neck of the woods so I hope they hurry up and do it cause I'm dying already :cool:

with that said I will prooooobably buy a tree for my room, and bed covers and pjs :pac:

My tree is going up the last weekend in November.

Loughc wrote: »
    My tree is going up the last weekend in November.

Only 3 more weeks for you! I'm jealous :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Hufflepuff wrote:
    Much nicer that the blue ball lights they've had the last few years

I agree with Loughc, brilliant post!

Thanks for that, I enjoyed reading it.

cinnamony wrote:
    They still haven't up the lights in my neck of the woods so I hope they hurry up and do it cause I'm dying already

cinnamony wrote:
    Speaking of lights when do you guys put up your trees? I live with my parents so I think we wont have one till mid december, with that said I will prooooobably buy a tree for my room, and bed covers and pjs

Cinnamony, I'll either put up mine on 26/27th - the last weekend in November or the weekend after that - early Dec. at the latest.

I still want to buy bed covers and PJ's too.

• Advertisement

I'm putting mine up the night of the Toy Show December 2nd :)

This time 7 weeks will be Christmas Eve , we'll all be in our Christmas pj's (un)patiently waiting :pac:

rs7p69.jpg

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

Malari wrote: »
    Got some Christmas special blend nespressos today :-)

Where????

I arrived back from ireland after a few days there, didn't get the Christmas vibe that much, I was running around allot so may have been purposely ignoring it.

I got a few things in the BT shop (listed on the what I bought today thread) didn't think it was great. However, I found the best shop (recommended by TOTO I think) was Stock just beside St Stephens green, the amount of cool stuff they have upstairs has to be seen.

Looking forward to a few christmas pints next time. We made two ingredient Nutella lava cakes as a dry run for Christmas, went down a treat.
    I got a big twang of Christmasyiness in the airport as I headed to the plane, I had my headphones on a christmas track came on just as I spotted Newbridge decorations. It was tough getting on the plane again. Although I fly back the 15th.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

We have a tradition of putting the tree up on the day of the toy show. When the kids get home from school and we all muck in, order a take away when the decorations are up and snuggle up for the night, big roaring fire as well. Heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Jude13 wrote: »
    Where????

BT! Tasted them too and they're delicious :-)

I think I'll put the tree up the last week in November. I'll be itching to do it by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I'm putting up my christmas tree in about 2 weeks time! :) usually up the last week of November but I want to enjoy it this year not decorating and rushing around plus I'm away the first week in December and have a mini Christmas dinner party on the 20th of November ! :)

Does anyone know when the spiced beef is back in stock in lidl or aldI again this year ?

I arrived back from ireland after a few days there, didn't get the Christmas vibe that much, I was running around allot so may have been purposely ignoring it.

I got a few things in the BT shop (listed on the what I bought today thread) didn't think it was great. However, I found the best shop (recommended by TOTO I think) was Stock just beside St Stephens green, the amount of cool stuff they have upstairs has to be seen.

Looking forward to a few christmas pints next time. We made two ingredient Nutella lava cakes as a dry run for Christmas, went down a treat.
    I got a big twang of Christmasyiness in the airport as I headed to the plane, I had my headphones on a christmas track came on just as I spotted Newbridge decorations. It was tough getting on the plane again. Although I fly back the 15th.

Hope you had a lovely time! You must be counting down the days until the 15th.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Was in a pub, The Gingerman, the other morning for work and they were telling me that they're putting up their decorations next Saturday night. They start at 2am and are finished by 3pm on Sunday. I think they open at 4 on a Sunday. Full staff on, working through the night. It's definitely up there with some of the most specially done places.

After over a decade I've obviously broken Mr glitz :pac: I've been slowly putting christmas decorations out for the last few days. My christmas village is done in the hallway complete with snow blanket. Garlands are now up on the top of the presses and got a vinyl christmas table cloth for boys in dealz.
    All of this and he hasn't said a word hahhaa ! Winning ! :)

Toto, already have the flight details saved on the phone and a December calendar printed out to plan activities.

Beerton, The gingerman is so Christmasy, I used to hit it the odd time after work although that was a long time ago.

Toto, already have the flight details saved on the phone and a December calendar printed out to plan activities.

I always print off calendar months at the time of year to plan my time coming up to Christmas and my time off.

It's going to get sorted (ish) tonight after work. Our two night stay in a hotel may be canceled as we have a different person each night wanting to kip in the room with us as they don't have a place to stay in Dublin those night, so much for a romantic break

Cinnamony, I'll either put up mine on 26/27th - the last weekend in November or the weekend after that - early Dec. at the latest.

I still want to buy bed covers and PJ's too.

My dad and siblings are Christmas nuts like me, only my mom is a grinch :rolleyes: Hoping we can join forces and get her to let us set it up at the end of november :P

Penneys have beautiful ones in! They also have this beautiful silvery throw, would love to have bought them but I'm out of money this week. :rolleyes: Their decorations this year are fabulous too!!
    Hufflepuff wrote: »
    This time 7 weeks will be Christmas Eve , we'll all be in our Christmas pj's (un)patiently waiting :pac:

We open our presents christmas eve as my parents are immigrants and its the tradition in their homeland, but i can tell you it doesn't make the wait any easier :D
    We have a tradition of putting the tree up on the day of the toy show. When the kids get home from school and we all muck in, order a take away when the decorations are up and snuggle up for the night, big roaring fire as well. Heaven.

What a lovely tradition :) my dad doesnt let anyone else set up the tree and he's always grumpy while at it, so usually we wrap the presents while he's at it and have a hot chocolate :o
    Malari wrote: »
    BT! Tasted them too and they're delicious :-)

I think I'll put the tree up the last week in November. I'll be itching to do it by then.

with you on the itch Malari, it can't come soon enough!
    Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I'm putting up my christmas tree in about 2 weeks time! :) usually up the last week of November but I want to enjoy it this year not decorating and rushing around plus I'm away the first week in December and have a mini Christmas dinner party on the 20th of November ! :)

Can you adopt me just to set up the three please?? :pac: You must be excited for it Glitz! I totally agree that you shouldn't rush or stress about it, Christmas is the season of joy after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

First mince pies of the season!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Turkey dinner! Wanted to try out a crown instead of a full turkey for the big day :)

cinnamony wrote:
    My dad and siblings are Christmas nuts like me, only my mom is a grinch Hoping we can join forces and get her to let us set it up at the end of november

cinnamony wrote:
    Penneys have beautiful ones in! They also have this beautiful silvery throw, would love to have bought them but I'm out of money this week. Their decorations this year are fabulous too!!

Sure you can join forces, I wish you good luck!

Ah, I'm off to town tomorrow to have a little look around as haven't been in Penneys yet to check their decorations this year, so thanks for the recommendation!
    I'll also make sure to check out the throw. That silvery one you mentioned would fit perfectly in my living room. 😄

• Advertisement

Turkey dinner! Wanted to try out a crown instead of a full turkey for the big day :)

It looks so moist! Well done you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement