Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Dublin at Christmas is launching today! You can watch it live on FB and Twitter at 1 or if you're near the GPO you can go down to see what's happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Dublin at Christmas is launching today! You can watch it live on FB and Twitter at 1 or if you're near the GPO you can go down to see what's happening.

Have you got a link by any chance, Toto?
    I don't have a FB and was trying to find it on Twitter but can't.

Have you got a link by any chance, Toto?
    I don't have a FB and was trying to find it on Twitter but can't.

It's Dublin Town on Twitter but it doesn't look like they've been live on there. I'm just back from lunch so I didn't get a chance to look at it.

It's Dublin Town on Twitter but it doesn't look like they've been live on there. I'm just back from lunch so I didn't get a chance to look at it.

I know, I looked up Dublin Town and it said they were going live but no links attached.

Anyway, been looking up some tweets instead and the pics look amazing.
    Having fun just checking those!

Thank you.
    Hope you grabbed something nice for your lunch!

I know, I looked up Dublin Town and it said they were going live but no links attached.

Anyway, been looking up some tweets instead and the pics look amazing.
    Having fun just checking those!

Thank you.
    Hope you grabbed something nice for your lunch!

Looks like they had fake snow and everything! I'm not at all jealous of the people who were there.

In other news, we need this:

https://lovin.ie/entertainment/videos/coca-cola-has-unveiled-this-brand-new-christmas-themed-bottle-wrapper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

kitten_k wrote: »
    For those of you with small kids here is a good craft idea:

14492328_1088206417895955_791460493332325328_n.jpg?oh=cd0b9fe9f05cc25f606f770e5bda87bd&oe=58915F57

Brilliant, gonna do this!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Might be a good idea to put a clear varnish or something over it to protect it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

So this is what I've been up to :pac:

Also out walking through the shops today and delighted to hear some christmas music playing in the background :) got all my selection boxes picked up and sweets for the kiddies stockings

Looks like they had fake snow and everything! I'm not at all jealous of the people who were there.

In other news, we need this:

Yea, that's what I was thinking.
    It's snowing at the GPO!

#DublinAtChristmas is now trending on Twitter.

• Advertisement

Glitzgirl wrote:
    So this is what I've been up to

Gorgeous, Glitzgirl.
    Pretty lights!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Has Mr Glitz seen it yet? It's lovely :D

Gorgeous, Glitzgirl.
    Pretty lights!

Thank you ! Ive added some lovely silver clip on decorations since I took the pic and I love it !

kitten_k wrote: »
    Has Mr Glitz seen it yet? It's lovely :D

Oh he has! We operate on the unspoken knowledge that he will complain when he sees it going up early but yet doesn't care enough to take it down once it's up lol its too much effort he'd rather grumble and walk away :pac:

Opening these bad boys today with mini glitz after dinner ! HOW cute are these seriously !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Holidays are coming
    Holidays are coming
    Holidays are coming
    Tis the season
    It's always the real thing

54bukl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

Went for jog this morning with the dog and it felt so Christmasy. Very dark and chilly (by the standards here). I used to run at night around Christmas as a teen and I loved how quiet it was. I miss the cold air in the lungs though.

I got a little clip on light for the dog as she is black and joggers coming the other way don't see her in the dark and get a fright. It is green and very christmasy.

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Opening these bad boys today with mini glitz after dinner ! HOW cute are these seriously !

Do they still do selection boxes shaped as a stocking with a plastic mesh on them? that's what I grew up with. Or maybe they were dog treat ones for the mutt.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Do they still do selection boxes shaped as a stocking with a plastic mesh on them? that's what I grew up with. Or maybe they were dog treat ones for the mutt.

The mesh ones are dog stockings as far as I remember. :p but this is a dessert selection box of chocolate yoghurts. I sent a pic to my sister and she made the same mistake poor girl got all excited :pac:

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    The mesh ones are dog stockings as far as I remember. :p but this is a dessert selection box of chocolate yoghurts. I sent a pic to my sister and she made the same mistake poor girl got all excited :pac:
    That's a really great idea! Cadburys finally did something right!

I need all the Christmas today after the American election.

• Advertisement

Its amazon.com time, dollar has tanked. (for you guys, i get paid in dollars)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

The Coca-Cola Christmas Truck will stop in the following locations:
    Drogheda – M1 Retail Park – Saturday, November 26 2016
    Dublin – Smithfield – Sunday, November 27 2016
    Kilkenny – The Parade – Saturday, December 3 2016
    Cork – Mahon Point Shopping Centre – Sunday, December 4 2016
    Galway – Galway Shopping Centre, Hedford Road – Friday, December 9 2016
    Limerick – Parkway Shopping Centre – Saturday, December 10 2016
    Derry – Foyleside Shopping Centre – Friday, December 16 2016
    Belfast – SSE Arena Belfast (Odyssey Arena) – Sunday, December 18 2016

Copied from http://www.irishmirror.ie/lifestyle/family/coca-cola-christmas-truck-going-9220237

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Milly33

Oh thank you going have to pop these into the diary.. I missed them last year then the first year I was alone as himself was gigging and he took the sim card out of the camera so i only got one snap.. the pain this year is going to be great..

I think we are in for the quietes Christmas ever may not even have a tree but it will be us.. epic...Went out the other day and picked sloes to make slow gin, have a fad bottle of coffee and orange P ready to go for Christmas.. Yeppee

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

Jude13 wrote: »

Oh yes they existed alright, I remember them clearly! And didn't a group of Dublin lads dress up as one a few years ago for the 12 Pubs of Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

There's the lads!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Speaking of Coca Cola I noticed in my local shop that they have the small Coca Cola bottles with a Christmas Santa label on them! Hope this means their Christmas ad isn't too far behind! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Sure you can join forces, I wish you good luck!

Ah, I'm off to town tomorrow to have a little look around as haven't been in Penneys yet to check their decorations this year, so thanks for the recommendation!
    I'll also make sure to check out the throw. That silvery one you mentioned would fit perfectly in my living room. 😄

Thank you! If it comes to it I'll brace myself for disaster and put it up when neither of them are home and hope my dad doesnt choose my mom over me ahahah

No problem! I hope you found something you like!!ðŸ˜႒

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

A_smurf wrote: »
    Speaking of Coca Cola I noticed in my local shop that they have the small Coca Cola bottles with a Christmas Santa label on them! Hope this means their Christmas ad isn't too far behind! :)

I got the 2 lt bottle in Dunnes, i was waiting for the one with santa on the label.Also got The Holly Bough which is available in shops, thats a very Cork thing, an annual publication with loads of Christmas themed stories and recipies. A must have for us rebels.
    14980705_1351387344871701_712825466692147672_n.jpg

cinnamony wrote:
    Thank you! If it comes to it I'll brace myself for disaster and put it up when neither of them are home and hope my dad doesnt choose my mom over me ahahah

cinnamony wrote:
    No problem! I hope you found something you like!!ðŸ˜႒

Yea, you do that, Cinnamony.
    Worse case scenario, blame it on me. 😄

Yes, I found plenty of things, actually.
    And I have indeed came across that silvery throw you mentioned on here.
    It was very pretty, for 14 euro, I think, although I had to skip it as I had already bought million other things prior to that, haha.
    I have a feeling though might get it on my next trip to Penneys.
    I've still got (only) 45 days!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

My 20,000th post!! \o/
    And what a pleasure to have it in this magical forum during the build up to Christmas with you all wonderful people. :)

I just have to buy a Christmas gift box and a couple of bits and pieces in Boots tomorrow during my lunch break and then I'm done with all my shopping!!

I'll be starting my wrapping this weekend. :D
    And the next time I'll be up around Grafton Street will be Monday or Tuesday by which stage the lights will be ON.

The excitement!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement