Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Milly33

the have a loverly set in Boots at the moment even the box was impressive. I cant remember the brand but it comes with a pretty pink scarf... Well done to you on bein sorted so early

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Maaaaasive excitement in our house tonight. S is 4 tomorrow. He's been a terror to get to sleep all week so taking the (very) scenic route home tonight was necessary to get him to drop off before stupid o'clock tonight. Finally got home, settled him in bed and got into the attic to get his presents down and set out in the livingroom. I do it Christmas style with them laid our ready for him to see as soon as he walks in.

I have a bit of a twist this year as I have a box by my bed with a small backpack and hat with rocketships on them and a couple if crappy toys stuffed in. I'm going to give it to him first thing in the morning and tell him it's his present. I suspect he'll be slightly underwhelmed and then extra over-joyed when he finds his real gifts (aliens and a rocket ship). Heehee, I think I'm more excited than he is. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

When you wrap present so early, Posy, do you forget what they are? Maybe that's just me :-D

I'm in the office on my own most of today. I think I might get the decorations out...surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Malari wrote: »
    When you wrap present so early, Posy, do you forget what they are? Maybe that's just me :-D

I'm in the office on my own most of today. I think I might get the decorations out...surprise!
    Do it!

How am I supposed to work after the excitement of Buster the Boxer and Kevin the Carrot? Too much excitement for one morning. I'm listening to Christmas music on the bus for added excitement.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Uh! The John Lewis ad shows the dad setting up the Christmas present on Christmas eve! Is there some ad agency worker out there who hates Santa!

• Advertisement

iguana wrote: »
    Uh! The John Lewis ad shows the dad setting up the Christmas present on Christmas eve! Is there some ad agency worker out there who hates Santa!

Maybe the parents buy the child a present too? That's not unusual.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Big Happy Birthday to S Iguana - hope he liked his pressies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Maybe the parents buy the child a present too? That's not unusual.

Yes, in my cousin's house, Mom and Pop give the big presents and Santa gives tokens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Yea, you do that, Cinnamony.
    Worse case scenario, blame it on me. 😄

Yes, I found plenty of things, actually.
    And I have indeed came across that silvery throw you mentioned on here.
    It was very pretty, for 14 euro, I think, although I had to skip it as I had already bought million other things prior to that, haha.
    I have a feeling though might get it on my next trip to Penneys.
    I've still got (only) 45 days!

Thanks French Girl, I'll do that :pac:

I totally get you there, I went to buy a mini christmas tree for my room but they didn't have it, instead of saving the money i got a ton of chocolates for christmas :D Now I'm going back to get that tree and try to not get tempted into more chocolates aha

That's plenty of time to get everything including things you don't need because 'oooooh pretty' :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

iguana wrote: »

Maybe Santa gave it to him but didn't have the time to set it up. He is a very busy man you know.

• Advertisement

So guys I finally got a mini tree for my bedroom today and I have a question.

Do you think I should decorate it with mini baubles or leave as is? I'm undecided! (Pic attached)

P.S. shout out to my table cloth aha

• Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

cinnamony wrote: »

Do you think I should decorate it with mini baubles or leave as is? I'm undecided! (Pic attached)

I think it's beautiful as it is cinnamon! It doesn't need much more, it's very cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

leahyl wrote: »
    I think it's beautiful as it is cinnamon! It doesn't need much more, it's very cute!

Yeah I second that, I think baubles would ruin it.
    It's lovely as is. :-)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Kajemo wrote: »
    Yeah I second that, I think baubles would ruin it.
    It's lovely as is. :-)

I third this. It's fab as is.

+1 for keeping it the way it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Agreed with leaving the tree as it is. I have a multicolored light up tree like that that I take out for Christmas and I leave it as is plugged in all lit up! It's really pretty on its own!

It's beautiful. Definitely festive enough as it is!

I'm researching Thanksgiving food for work. Anyone want to roast a turkey for me? I'm starving.

Grafton St in 1951

1424329_937812586255254_5889419082436475405_n.jpg?oh=f9f2112227774108c23ce04a34b31d5e&oe=58C1E9CC

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ah wow, I love it kitten_k!!

Fantastic pic kitten_k! Thank you for sharing it! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

cinnamony wrote:

cinnamony wrote:

cinnamony wrote:

It's gorgeous.
    Well done, you!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Random question but does anyone use boards on their phone ? Mine has totally changed ! Hate updates :(

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    Random question but does anyone use boards on their phone ? Mine has totally changed ! Hate updates :(

Are you on the responsive site maybe? Scroll to the bottom and you should see a link to the legacy site.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Glitzgirl wrote:
    Random question but does anyone use boards on their phone ? Mine has totally changed ! Hate updates

I'm always on the phone, Glitzgirl.
    Haha, I stopped updating like million years ago, it used to throw me all the time how this or that would change especially when you finally get used to a certain way.

Yea, I definitely feel ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Glitzgirl wrote: »

Yeah I use my phone mines fine it all looks the same? I hate updates too most recent has ruined my home screen

On another note was meant to be off today had planned a lovely morning of shopping followed by Christmas cleaning chores in the afternoon neither happened work very short staffed and I had to step in, I feel like I'm way behind

Are you on the responsive site maybe? Scroll to the bottom and you should see a link to the legacy site.

Thank.you toto you legend ! I'm back to my safe zone :D I hate change hahaha especially with technology

I'm always on the phone, Glitzgirl.
    Haha, I stopped updating like million years ago, it used to throw me all the time how this or that would change especially when you finally get used to a certain way.

Yea, I definitely feel ya.

Like myself French_girl ! My phone is like an extra limb here hahah in fairness though there is always someone looking for me . That's my excuse anyway and im sticking to it. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Already posted in another thread but just incase anyone missed it

Yankee advent calendar less than half price

http://www.yankee.ie/shopexd.asp?id=5915&utm_source=Copy+of+Copy+of+Copy+of+advent&utm_campaign=TeacherGiftGroup2&utm_medium=email

Thanks all,
    I'll leave it as is and make a different decoration with baubles instead :)

• Advertisement

I have spent a lovely relaxing evening to myself sorting through my FIL cook books and recipes. He left me all his christmas recipes and I've been sorting them all evening and watching christmas movies on netflix (with my new remote control candles on :pac: ) and it's brought back some lovely memories of him ! :) going to attempt to make the Christmas pudding this week! Hoping not to mess it up :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement