Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

When I was walking home from town last ngiht, I walked down Wicklow Street and there were two men in a cherry picker putting up the Christmas lights on Fallon & Byrne (my favourite Christmas lights on a shop!) and two of the sets that go over the street were also on and very sparkly...I think they might be new ones! So sparkly, I can't wait til they are all on this weekend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Just booked my nails and hair for Christmas :D Also going to see Big that night so will be a good day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Anyone in the D1/D7 area, get down to Delisuz for yizzer lunch - they have a Christmas sandwich on the menu all year round and I had one today :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Great pic kitten_k, I was talking to my Dad and he was telling me how they really went to town (pardon the pun) with Christmas lights back then ...

fantastic stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You know what I love about Christmas music? I was walking home this evening in the rain and I heard the words 'President-elect Donald Trump' on the radio so I put on some Christmas music. I just typed 'Christmas' into Deezer and picked the first option, and even though it was the worst Christmas music I've ever heard, it made me smile.

Even rubbish Christmas music is good Christmas music.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Awful day at work, so I've a pair of Christmas PJs on, the fire is lit, a Yankee Candle is burning and I'm about to watch Home Alone.

Christmas makes everything better \o/

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my new favourite Christmas song, featuring polka and Bob Dylan dancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Yes I love it! Played all year round here.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

6 weeks to Christmas Eve!! :O

• Registered Users Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭Malari

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you my new favourite Christmas song, featuring polka and Bob Dylan dancing.

That's fab, I've never heard that one before!

We should have a festive tune of the day thread :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    6 weeks to Christmas Eve!! :O
    Nooooo... it's already going by too quickly!!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Posy wrote:
    Nooooo... it's already going by too quickly!!

Yea. It's crazy, isn't it?
    Just think about it, less than 43 days.

My God, the time sure flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Christmas ringtones!!!! Need I say more :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Had the most amazing day for S's party. It was just fantastic. If anyone is ever in two minds about buying a snow machine, go for it. The kids were just in heaven playing in the 'snow' they had so, so much fun. I can't wait to get it out again for Christmas.

Malari wrote: »
    That's fab, I've never heard that one before!

We should have a festive tune of the day thread :D

That's a great idea!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

i222rn.jpg

So cute!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Ok something strange happened me over the last 24 hours. I was in my mothers house last night and she had an argos leaflet on her kitchen table. On one of the pages there is a 2ft Christmas Tree for less than a tenner. I picked it up today I just don't know whether to put it up in my house or in the office at work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

iguana wrote: »
    Had the most amazing day for S's party. It was just fantastic. If anyone is ever in two minds about buying a snow machine, go for it. The kids were just in heaven playing in the 'snow' they had so, so much fun. I can't wait to get it out again for Christmas.

I'm very intrigued! Where did you get this snow machine ?? :) share share ! Glad S had a lovely birthday :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Glitzgirl wrote: »
    I'm very intrigued! Where did you get this snow machine ?? :) share share ! Glad S had a lovely birthday :)

I bought one from a UK seller on ebay with lots and lots of fluid. Maplins, Argos and The Range sell them too but it was much cheaper on ebay as I got so much fluid. I only used a tiny amount yesterday and the kids absolutely loved it. Batman brought it after confiscating it from Mr Freeze when he tried to freeze all the shops in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Grafton streets lights today folks...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

Pics??

Happy 6 weeks until Christmas Day everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

My getting into shape plan was hit by a massive tub of Quality Street at the weekend. I also took on board allot of Christmas 'spirit'. In two days it will be one month till I fly home.

Really hope we get a freezing but dry Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

All my gifts are wrapped, just need to try to hold back on decorating until next week. I realised I need to get something else for my hubby as his pile looks small so I'll go with the old reliable and make up a hamper for him, favorite beer, choc and crisps

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

lycan238 wrote: »
    Ok something strange happened me over the last 24 hours. I was in my mothers house last night and she had an argos leaflet on her kitchen table. On one of the pages there is a 2ft Christmas Tree for less than a tenner. I picked it up today I just don't know whether to put it up in my house or in the office at work?

At that price, maybe get one for home and office:)

amor3 wrote: »
    Grafton streets lights today folks...

https://www.facebook.com/Dublintown.ie/posts/1143006832402494:0

For anyone who can't make it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

matchthis wrote: »
    At that price, maybe get one for home and office:)

LOL at that price I seriously considered it. Pity its a few weeks til payday

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

This time 6 weeks I'll be on the couched absolutely and totally stuffed after a delicious tasty dinner!!!

Grafton St lights

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I've a 'Sparkling Cinnamon' yankee candle lit right now, and it smells exactly like mulled wine! It's beautiful! I was in settling my little boy, and when I opened the door to come out of the bedroom, the smell was so realistic I actually thought my hubby was mulling wine in the kitchen :pac:

I'm wondering can ye pudding pros give me a bit of advice; how early is too early to make one? I'm doing 2 this year - a traditional one, and a frying one (it's my Grandma's recipe, she was from the North) and I'd be concerned that they'd be gone off by Christmas, but also want to get a move on before all the ingredients are sold out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement