Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Love2love wrote: »
    Dublin Christmas tree lighting cermonies have been announced :)

Grafton Street : 14th November, 6pm
    Henry Street : 17th November, 4:30pm
    O'Connell Street : 24th November, 4:30pm

I came in to post the same thing! Haha! Thank you Dublin at Christmas FB page!

Looking forward to it now! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

So are we meeting up then? :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

washiskin wrote: »
    So are we meeting up then? :)

I'm up for whenever but I think we've been the only two to show interest haha! So it's up to the rest if the elves here if they want to have our first ever Christmas forum meet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Ooh I'd love to see the lights be turned on!! I have never actually gone in before to see them being turned on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

Pang wrote: »
    Ooh I'd love to see the lights be turned on!! I have never actually gone in before to see them being turned on.

And you are located in Dublin 1. Tut tut! :P

• Advertisement

Love2love wrote: »
    And you are located in Dublin 1. Tut tut! :P

:D I can be very lazy during the winter evenings!! Not this year though, I'm def heading in! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Ding Dong merrily on high......

King Krib wrote: »
    Ding Dong merrily on high......

In heav'n the bells are ringing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Loughc wrote: »
    In heav'n the bells are ringing

l like it...feeling very seaonal today.

Me too I think it was the cold weather! And to celebrate here's one of my favorite recent Christmas Covers! ;)

• Advertisement

Is it time for season's greetings yet?!! :)

I was in Penneys and the girls were putting out lots of new pieces for Christmas. Very exciting. There was an amazing fabric Advent calendar where you can actually put your own little gifts in for each day.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭CarrieAnne

I would so love to meet up....
    but will have to settle for any light up ceremonies to the West!

I treated myself to a new Christmas smell candle yesterday and its burning and my sitting room smells SO wonderful!

(I actually had been burning candles all year, but somehow the strong smell had gone of my last one... so its still only half way but gives no scent.... moved to bathroom.)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSCdUfGcalNDqbDZClbFSidf-LGlw6jIxtWUtUuS9hWfRDc3XzrDg

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

I was at the Yankee candle sore today (buying a H'alloween candle, witches brew, divine, highly recommend) and last years accessories were on special offer. I got, a large vase and a large matching plate for around 20 euro, half price roughly. It's for Christmas of course with santa's on them. They are only gorgeous. I was humming and hawing about buying them, herself inside the counter said, don't panic. We'll have more in, in a few weeks, in time for Christmas. Ya, at full price! So of course i purchased. They are fab. Will have pride of place on the coffee table. Of course there were other Christmas accessories (as they call them) on offer too. Including gold hurricane vases, big, little large. etc. Just thought I'd let ye all know, if ye were interested!

I don't know if there are any Lush fans on the thread but my word they have some fab items and sets for Christmas!! :D

They would be great as stocking fillers.

Bought my felt today. Going to start making my stockings over midterm! Cannot wait!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

are they easy to make?

Moonbeam wrote: »
    are they easy to make?

The stockings? :)

They are super easy. Cut out two pieces of felt. Then cut out your chosen design from felt. Applique your design using different stitches like blanket stitch. Jazz it up a bit with beads. Then sew inside out on the machine.

I just think they are a great idea and so simple to make. I'll be making them with my first years as well! Very excited! :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

I just went to check my Yankee candle order..I did not realise after I ordered it from Grabone i had to actually go to the website and order it!!
    I am tired and slow these days!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Oh am so happy. After reading about everyone talking about the Yankee candles, I just logged on to check out the festive fragrances! So pleased to see they've finally brought out a Christmas Tree scented one. Love that smell so much :D

Pang wrote: »
    I don't know if there are any Lush fans on the thread but my word they have some fab items and sets for Christmas!! :D

They would be great as stocking fillers.

Bought my felt today. Going to start making my stockings over midterm! Cannot wait!

I've a huge Lush fan but only at Christmas. I always get sets for my sister-in-laws for Xmas and they all say it's the gift they most look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Oh My Pointy Elf Ears! I was in Ikea last night & their Christmas stuff was gorgeous! More traditional than usual & they has these amazing gift tins 3 for €7 and the wrapping paper!!!! Oh & they had the mini Dime bars back!!I'm kinda glad I had neither time nor money and it would have been a tad embarrassing to be caught rolling around the floor bawling for everything I wanted......:o:o so I just bought some of the tins & went home. But in the words of Arnie........

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh, I need to get myself out to Ikea!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Hello all, have been lurking for a while now but am getting too excited about Christmas to keep it to myself anymore so I'd like to join in if that's ok?

And like any good guest at Christmas I bring a little gift :). It's a bit quirky but I love finding new Christmas songs and there is just something so sweet about this one. Hope you enjoy :)

http://youtu.be/vnSSzF7s9XA

(Sorry don't know how to embed...:o)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

He's one of my favourite artists :)

I was in Dublin yesterday and popped in to Penneys on Mary Street. Gorgeous stuff! I had no moneyz to spare but am definitely going back up there soon!

I so need to go to Ikea,the kids love it there so takes about 3-4 hours to get in and out!!

I came across this video last week. Ray reads a letter from 2.34 into the video :eek: it's very emotional, all in all it's a lovely Christmas video. Enjoy!

My iPad won't let my view embedded videos for some reason! :(

Went on Pinterest today, haven't been on since I opened an account about 2 years ago but OMG! I'm in love!! The decorations, the recipes, the sheer overwhelming festive frivolity!! I want to make EVERYTHING!! The Americans just really know how to do Christmas, don't they?!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Loughc wrote: »

I came across this video last week. Ray reads a letter from 2.34 into the video :eek: it's very emotional, all in all it's a lovely Christmas video. Enjoy!

OMG I was in floods after watching that! So lovely!! Can't wait for Joe Duffy's show on Christmas Eve on Radio 1! :D

leahyl wrote: »
    OMG I was in floods after watching that! So lovely!! Can't wait for Joe Duffy's show on Christmas Eve on Radio 1! :D

Seen it 3 times now, welded up all 3 times, Today FM 3 - Me 0.

There's a highlight video of the last two years Joe Duffy's Christmas Eve shows only 2 or 3 mins long and the last years show is available as a podcast.

Great show!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭April O Neill

I usually hate New Year's but in addition to looking forward to Christmas this year (as always ;)) I'm really looking forward to NYE as I will be very glad to see the back of 2013. One of the worst years of my life. (moving in with my lovely BF notwithstanding :))

• Advertisement

New Years are a great way to get a fresh start and often you can feel things turning in your favour when a new year starts! So all the best for 2014 April, I hope it's a great year for you! :)

Saw on my work diary that this week is week 42! :eek:

Only 10 weeks left in 2013!! We are in single week territory for Christmas!! :eek: EEEK!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement