Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Apparently the cold weather makes the Christmas trees grow bigger, so I'm hoping it gets back to baltic temperatures asap! We get a real tree in my parents' house, and we always try and make sure we find the most enormous one possible. Smallest one we ever had was a really mild lead up to Christmas, and there were no giant ones in the shop. Devastated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Well elves I spent the day putting up one of my christmas trees ! I will post a pic tomorrow. My 2 year old insisted on helping so some ornaments haven't made it this year I'm afraid to say :p

Really looking forward to dinner this Sunday even googling festive cocktails hahah :pac: used my remote controlled sockets And I love them !!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Don't know if anyone has posted this yet but it looks AMAZING!

https://lovindublin.com/dublin/this-dreamy-pop-up-hot-chocolate-bar-has-just-opened-in-dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

My boyfriend (who thinks I'm Christmas mad, and rightly so) just asked me to put on some Christmas songs and said "I think this is going to be a really good Christmas."

:eek:

Not sure what's wrong with him but I'm going to roll with it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

Putting our tree up this Friday or Saturday. I will have pot of mulled wine on the go and will have loads of picky food to graze on throughout the decoration process.

I will be in charge of erecting the tree, putting lights on the tree, outside lights and inside decorations plus anything to do with the ladder. The OH will decorate the tree 'properly'.

Following that a few other drinks and a Christmas movie.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Someone let the Christmas fairies in and they've started decorating! At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it

Those little feckers.

Must rob that idea

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Someone let the Christmas fairies in and they've started decorating! At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it

I've got those very same stickers!
    In fact, I only took them off the window back in May.

I've got those very same stickers!
    In fact, I only took them off the window back in May.

Should have left them up, it was almost half way through the year :)

They're great, some are on their third Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭gypsylee

Where did you get the stickers? Would love them for my front porch door.

• Advertisement

gypsylee wrote: »
    Where did you get the stickers? Would love them for my front porch door.

Lidl, they have them in again next Monday. Really nice and as I said this is the third Christmas for some so definitely reusable. Going to pick up some more as I used snow spray on the kids room windows last year and it didn't last.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I have those Lidl window stickers too.....think they've already done 3 Christmases. I kept the original packing and put them back (ocd style) exactly where they came on the template every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Should have left them up, it was almost half way through the year

They're great, some are on their third Christmas

I probably should have, you're right, cuz now I can't remember where I've put them, haha!

They're grand, yea, and when the snow outside is missing, they're just like real ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

A few houses in my estate are fully decorated :D cannot wait to join them!!!!
    Also I watched the Polar Express and it was a wonderful movie, definitely adding it to our christmas playlist!

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Im trying to be patient and wait for the woodies christmas sale! I've walked around inside the shop more times looking at everything but some stuff is priced so high. I think the sale is normally early December!! I'll be all over it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Im trying to be patient and wait for the woodies christmas sale! I've walked around inside the shop more times looking at everything but some stuff is priced so high. I think the sale is normally early December!! I'll be all over it!!!

Same here, their prices are ridiculous. Carrig donn and the Kilkenny shop have nicer stuff at better prices imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Same here, their prices are ridiculous. Carrig donn and the Kilkenny shop have nicer stuff at better prices imo.

Love Carrig Donn. I've bought a few really good bits there. They will have a good sale too before Christmas!

We were told our office Christmas party is on the 8th of Dec. There are 10 in our firm (even though we were bought out by a monster firm a few months ago), one lady. So its basically Christmas pints with the lads plus one lady. It will start about mid day/1pm. Only 10 so it will be noticed if Im not there.

Then this morning I get an invite from my OH for her Christmas party. It is a swanky affair, opposite of mine, dress to impress dinner jacket/Great Gatsby theme. Starts at 8pm with a dinner.

Last year they fell on the same day and I was very worse for wear by the time my OH's party kicked off. Worried about the same again this year so I will take it handy.

My main worry is the attire, I can't turn up to work in a dinner jacket. The a parties are either end of town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

If your partner is collecting you en route to her christmas party you could always leave your dinner jacket hanging in the car. Quick change before you leave and done ! Where I worked last outside of the home I was the one girl with about 8 guys on my unit. One guy was in a similar situation one year so he brought his good clothes in a suit cover gave them to the girl behind the bar to hang up in store room til it was time to leave !! :pac:

I will have to figure something out. She is not collecting me as it is the other side of the city. 7-8 hour christmas party before her one, what could go wrong?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

It's snowing, guys.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Ha ha just came on to post this. Snowing in Rathmines!

My dad is sending me pics, so jealous. Get the camera out and stick up some pics

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

kitten_k wrote: »
    Ha ha just came on to post this. Snowing in Rathmines!

I also came into post the same thing! Crazy how it went from being so mild to this so quickly.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Loughc wrote: »
    The weather has been so mild lately! I'm missing the cold weather!

Thank you weather gods for answering my request. Now lotto gods.....

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Loughc wrote: »
    Thank you weather gods for answering my request. Now lotto gods.....

Do you know them? Can you put in a good word for a poor egg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

When you start thinking about Christmas dinner in November

mashed-potato-canoe.jpg

Dolbert wrote: »
    When you start thinking about Christmas dinner in November

What does it mean if I had it planned since September?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

What does it mean if I had it planned since September?!?!

You're 15 months early:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

RrEoSNZ.jpg?1

Henry Street lights are on! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement