Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

2e0l2m0.jpg

This is so me! Haha.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I just played "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer" for my 5 year old for the first time. He absolutely cracked up laughing, and I suspect this may be on repeat quite a bit this festive season :pac: Hubby will be in the loony bin by New Year.

Also played him these songs.

I'm a terrible mother.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Toots wrote: »
    I'm a terrible mother.

You misspelt fantastic mother!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,919 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Loughc wrote: »
    You misspelt fantastic mother!

The hubby's convinced he's going to blurt all these out in the school carol service :pac:

Has anyone been into that hot chocolate cafe that was mentioned a few posts up? The little man's off school tomorrow for a staff training day, so I thought I'd bring him in to town to see the lights. Was gonna stop in Laduree for a hot chocolate and macarons but the pop up place might be a bit more interesting. Plus Laduree is really expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Seen this on Facebook, who would like to open this at Christmas?

15027466_10202536765098557_5047311060398098966_n.jpg?oh=4e2623544399b30c8dab650d68b4a12c&oe=58BCE281

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Omg that is so cute kitten!! I love it !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Toots your post made me laugh this morning, so cute
    Oh Kitten K that's fab isn't it

I am hoping to make it into town tomorrow soak up a bit of the atmosphere as I've been sick all week feeling almost back to myself, I had written my list for tomorrow I am after having to rewrite my list again after checking what I already have as some peoples presents are almost done!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

Everyone is going on about the new John Lewis Christmas add - and it is great , but my God , this one just has me welling .... amazing ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

OMG just got shivers after seeing that ad!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I don't care what anyone says, I think Ryan Tubridy is a brilliant toy show host.

I've just realised that I'm supposed to be going on a night out when it's on. Nooooooooooo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

kitten_k wrote: »

Really looking forward to it now. Calendar is blocked off so nobody can persuade me to go to the pub that night :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

I don't care what anyone says, I think Ryan Tubridy is a brilliant toy show host.

I've just realised that I'm supposed to be going on a night out when it's on. Nooooooooooo.

Yeah, I agreee ... I wouldn't be his biggest fan for serious interviews (allthough think he did a very decent interview with Bruce Springsteen a few weeks back) but yeah for TTS .. perfect .. it suits his young "old fogey" image :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I bought the Toy Show hot chocolate set in penny's yesterday....so plan on having my tree up by then....and sitting down in my Christmas pjs with the Toy Show Hot Chocolate to watch the Toy Show - although it will have to be on +1 as I have a dance class from 8-10 on Fridays....but I will be home and showered by 10.30!! God help anyone that tries to delay me that night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,650 ✭✭✭Milly33

I am a sucker fo the toy show, but it always leaves me dissappointed, cant stand Turbidy on the Toy Show, they should bring Gay back for it.. Mind he is getting better at it.. I just hope they have Christmas themed acts, I hate seeing the kids singing daft Rhianna songs...

Whats the toy show hot choccie then... In saying all that ill be with you,, Fire, PJ;s wino and some chinese me thinks should make the night and get ready for the toys

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Just seen the Coca Cola ad for the first time this year!

I heard it premiered last night but only caught it now.
    Holidays are coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Kids Christmas tree in their bedroom.. can't wait to put up the main one now!!!!!

amor3 wrote: »
    Kids Christmas tree in their bedroom.. can't wait to put up the main one now!!!!!

That's so cute!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I agree. I can't stand him normally (as a host, apparently he's actually a nice person) and I dreaded watching his toy show but he's much better than the previous two were with the kids. It's clear he generally likes and has time for kids, whereas Kenny only gelled with a rare child he shared an interest with and Byrne was his usual patronising self with them. Tubridy is clearly genuinely having fun and the puts the kids at ease and it's a better show for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Seen the Toy Show Advert on the TV earlier when watching it with my mother. Have to say its a pretty good advertisement for it in fairness. I cannot imagine either Gay Byrne or Pat Kenny doing that advertisement.

I have a work Christmas Party that night but I intend to watch in on Sunday afternoon either online or if its repeated on TV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Well the Christmas decorations are out of the attic, and the trees are up. Nothing decorated, but everything is out.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

We booked 4 nights in Euro Disney for next year. How the hell am I supposed to keep this quiet from the kids for 12 months.

beertons wrote: »
    We booked 4 nights in Euro Disney for next year. How the hell am I supposed to keep this quiet from the kids for 12 months.

That is an amazing present!! Wow! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Loughc wrote: »
    That is an amazing present!! Wow! :D

It's more a winter holiday. We're going from November 30th, so we'll get to see the place all Christmassy. And it's for next year. So, we can take this up again in 12 months.

I forgot I bought these mahoosive stockings last year, and I have to fill one for herself. Damn it.

Turns out my hubby was kinda right about the inappropriate Christmas Carols thing......... sitting on the Luas home today and I hear a little voice break into song "I've got some gifts for you they're up in my bum! The finest gifts for you are up in my bum, bum bum bum bum...."

Auld fella sitting opposite looked like he was about to keel over - not quite sure if it was from horror or laughter.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

:D

I don't know what's wrong with me but I kind of don't feel ready for it to be Christmas. My house is nearly ready, just a tiny hallway area needs painting. My shopping was all done months ago. But for some reason I feel like I need it to be 3 weeks to official Christmas Time instead of 1 week. Maybe it's the fact that the last weekend of November is coming so early or that the toy show will be in December because of it. So my Official Christmas Time kick-off weekend is fragmented and spread out over two weekends instead of one.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

OK... a little ot but kids wrote letters to santa last night, my little guy asked for a transforming batcave BUT..... I got stuff in smyths in September with the 20%discount and I got a transforming batbot!!!! I can't find my receipt but does anyone know if smyths will exchange without one? The one I want is actually cheaper but don't even want the difference just the right toy... if all else fails he will be getting both but I have already picked up so much stuff for them I really don't want him getting too much.. I thought if anyone could help, it would be you elves here xxx

• Advertisement

amor3 wrote: »
    OK... a little ot but kids wrote letters to santa last night, my little guy asked for a transforming batcave BUT..... I got stuff in smyths in September with the 20%discount and I got a transforming batbot!!!! I can't find my receipt but does anyone know if smyths will exchange without one? The one I want is actually cheaper but don't even want the difference just the right toy... if all else fails he will be getting both but I have already picked up so much stuff for them I really don't want him getting too much.. I thought if anyone could help, it would be you elves here xxx

They'll swap no bother once the batbot is still in all it's original packaging. However the Batbot os on sale at the moment so they will only let you change for the current value. I think that means about a €14 difference with the batcave and that is the same price as the small Imaginext figures and vehicles. So they'd almost certainly let you take a small vehicle pack and batcave for the batbot. Batgirl's batcylce is particularly cool and would be the kind of thing Santa would leave with a batcave.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement