Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Listening to Christmas Music on Spotify while studying. Can't wait.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

It absolutely doesn't have to be.

There is only one way to turn your entire house into an insane Santa's workshop. Well I guess there are two ways but I can't afford a team of house dressers to come in and do it for me.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Popped my Christmas cake in the oven a short while ago and the house smells amaaaaazing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Realised today that we only have 2 weekends at home between now and Christmas and 1 visiting family. Where has the time gone? I kind of thought I had a good few weekends left to sit on the couch with hot chocolate and Christmas films.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Realised today that we only have 2 weekends at home between now and Christmas and 1 visiting family. Where has the time gone? I kind of thought I had a good few weekends left to sit on the couch with hot chocolate and Christmas films.

I know same here. Our weekends are all booked up from now until 2017.

• Advertisement

Loughc wrote: »
    I know same here. Our weekends are all booked up from now until 2017.

Thankfully we have a night or two at home but we have stuff during the day too. It's a good thing though. :) I'll just have to watch films during the week.

15 hours until Christmas FM kicks off! https://christmasfm.com/

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

iguana wrote: »
    15 hours until Christmas FM kicks off! https://christmasfm.com/

So excited. It's tuned in on the car radio and all ready to go!

My car radio is broken. :( I never got it fixed when I bought the car as I was too nervous to drive with music playing but I'd probably be fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,492 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I've had it on all weekend and am thoroughly sick of "Do you wanna build a snowman" at this stage*

*not really

• Advertisement

Heroditas wrote: »
    I've had it on all weekend and am thoroughly sick of "Do you wanna build a snowman" at this stage*

*not really

The weekend was only test frequency programming. The proper playlists starts tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,492 ✭✭✭Heroditas

The weekend was only test frequency programming. The proper playlists starts tomorrow.

Oh I know but hey... It's Christmas FM!!!!

Guess what the postman brought today!
    23tjtxk.png

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Watched The Polar Express with the kids areir. Never seen them concentrate for so long.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

iguana wrote: »
    Guess what the postman brought today!
    23tjtxk.png

That is just brilliant. I love it!

That is just brilliant. I love it!

I'm so happy with it. Though S was so delighted with it that it made him have a think and come back to me with a request for Christmas bath toys! What a gap in the market!:D

I think I might grab a few squeezey xmas dog toys and put them in the bath. That should do the trick.

So giddy Christmas FM goes live in 7 minutes and I've just booked our Santa visit for this Saturday morning at Elf Town in Galway! Woo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

My shower curtain still hasn't arrived, it better hurry up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Took out the Christmas train to put it up only for it not to work! My disappointment was only eclipsed by that of the kids! Will try new batteries but I think they may have broken it last year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Besides trees, what other decs do you guys do? We do nothing but the tree and lights on the stairs. Definitely don't have the budget to go buy garlands or the likes so looking for simple inexpensive ideas :)

Whispered wrote: »
    Besides trees, what other decs do you guys do? We do nothing but the tree and lights on the stairs. Definitely don't have the budget to go buy garlands or the likes so looking for simple inexpensive ideas :)

I picked up a garland and fairy lights in heatons, €7 each, put on some bobbles and it looks pretty good, if I do say so myself!

• Advertisement

Penneys and Dealz have lovely little decorations that you can dot around the place. Definitely worth a look. Probably Heatons too. You don't need loads of things or even big things to make the place look festive.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Besides trees, what other decs do you guys do? We do nothing but the tree and lights on the stairs. Definitely don't have the budget to go buy garlands or the likes so looking for simple inexpensive ideas
    Tree, mantlepiece garland, crib, battery operated snow globe and a garland on the staircase. Plus little lighting snowmen etc.
    Oh, and this year I put some lights in a glass bowl as a decoration too. :)
    I put a wreath on the front door mid December as it can get too weather-beaten otherwise!

I'd LOVE to do lights up the stairs but there's no plug socket that wouldn't be a potential death trap and any battery ones I've tried barely last a day.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

The pudding is in the pressure cooker! The apartment smells wonderful and if I manage to get through the evening without any explosions I'll be a happy camper :pac:

Posy wrote: »
    I'd LOVE to do lights up the stairs but there's no plug socket that wouldn't be a potential death trap and any battery ones I've tried barely last a day.

Posy I got two lots of battery operated lights last year in home store and more and they lasted all Christmas and still work this year I highly recommend them.

You probably don't want to know because I am a crazy Christmas lady but there might be one or two ideas you can use. In the livingroom I have the tree with a small Christmas train, light up gift boxes and light up Rudolph under it. On the walls I have Christmas canvas pictures, hanging characters, tinsel/paper chains around the doors, ornaments on the bookshelves, light up boughs on the fireplace and bookshelf, a Fisher Price Christmas village and nativity, cardboard cut-out Santa on a wall, table cloth on the coffee table, Christmas cushions and throws on the couch, Christmas teddies everywhere, and loads of 70s style foil ceiling decorations. The latter are a real mix of naff and ott festive. I just used to love them so much when I was a child and they are super cheap in places like Dealz.

In the bedroom I have berry lights, a berry tree, a Christmas house, hanging star lights in the windows, a big Christmas fleece and cushion covers that I use as Christmas PJ holders. The bathroom obviously has my wonderful new shower curtain:D, snowman soap bottle, a small Christmas train ornament, festive towels and (I'm ashamed to admit) a Santa toilet seat cover. The porch has a mid-sized tree, small ornaments on the window sills, large floor ornaments, Christmas cushion covers on the chairs and festive plants. For the playroom I've ordered a wall-hanging felt tree for S and I have a tiny, tiny tree on the mantle and star lights in the window. The kitchen will have a big Christmas table cloth, a festive centrepiece, fairy lights over every cupboard, light up signs on the shelves, a mini-tree, poinsettia plants and all Christmas delph.

Posy wrote: »
    I'd LOVE to turn my bannisters into a version of the penguin ice-slide that regularly pops up on my Facebook feed but I live in a freakin' bungalow.:(:pac:

9ba51245578c41ec9b90fefa6ddc3ce5.jpg

Anyone here anything about toy show tickets?

Anyone here anything about toy show tickets?

Nothing. Just had a look on Twitter thinking someone would have tweeted that they got tickets and saw that one person's aunt won tickets. That's about it.

Nothing. Just had a look on Twitter thinking someone would have tweeted that they got tickets and saw that one person's aunt won tickets. That's about it.

So you're saying there's still a chance.

• Advertisement

So you're saying there's still a chance.

We live in hope!

And once hope fades, we storm RTE!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement