Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jessme wrote: »
    Just spotted this and even though it's American based, I thought some of you might get a giggle from it (apologies of it's been posted already).

https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/christmas-af?utm_term=.avNAWYQD6#.bvw5lJ74N

They are brilliant and scarily accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Jessme wrote:
    I've never posted in here before but I really enjoy the excitement and buzz from all of the Christmas chat - it's infectious! Just spotted this and even though it's American based, I thought some of you might get a giggle from it (apologies of it's been posted already).

Wow, thank you for posting that.
    Super festive!

Number 10 and 12 is so me. 😄
    And the last one just made me proper laugh out loud.

Almost, December 1st, eeek!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Happy December 1st.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

OH MY GOD, DECEMBER!!

Funny-Compilation-Of-Excited-Dogs-Hilarious-Dog-Video.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Tree is up, lights are on it, but no decorations just yet, going to do those tomorrow evening and some on Friday too :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Such perfect winter weather.

As we find ourselves together.

Happy first day of the last month of the year.

And don't forget to spread some Christmas cheer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Happy December everyone.

Christmas is nearly here and the weather is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Jessme wrote: »
    I've never posted in here before but I really enjoy the excitement and buzz from all of the Christmas chat - it's infectious!
    Just spotted this and even though it's American based, I thought some of you might get a giggle from it (apologies of it's been posted already).

https://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/christmas-af?utm_term=.avNAWYQD6#.bvw5lJ74N

Thanks Jessme, I really enjoyed that. Welcome to the Christmas forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Hello-December-Christmas.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Woot, December! Breaking out the decorations today -! will take a few days to get them all up as I need to do the epic clean first!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Happy December! We no longer have to hear the words 'it's only November!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Posy wrote: »
    OH MY GOD, DECEMBER!!

Funny-Compilation-Of-Excited-Dogs-Hilarious-Dog-Video.jpg

Time to crack open the Advent calendars :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

I had hoped to put lights on a tree outside this year but the cord isn't long enough and I don't want an extension lead showing so an giving up! I could also have put them on the fence in the back garden but then who's going to go outside to switch them on? If it's a day like today not me! So I'll put them away and will hatch a plan for next year! And happy 01st December everyone, one more sleep to the toy show!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

So this is where the lights are now! It's fairly tactastic but the kids will love it! My husband, not so much!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

So this is where the lights are now! It's fairly tactastic but the kids will love it! My husband, not so much!

That's a great idea, I like it :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I had hoped to put lights on a tree outside this year but the cord isn't long enough and I don't want an extension lead showing so an giving up! I could also have put them on the fence in the back garden but then who's going to go outside to switch them on? If it's a day like today not me! So I'll put them away and will hatch a plan for next year! And happy 01st December everyone, one more sleep to the toy show!

I'm the same. I bought an outdoor extension cord last year, thinking it would run from my rear outdoor socket to the trees in the front garden. But it was so stormy I didn't even try. I got it out this week and there's not a hope of it reaching far enough. I'll have to install a new socket next year.

So my trees will remain bare but I've managed to get a rope light up on the house though and will get the other up tomorrow. And I've stuck some of the lights I had for the lawn into flower pots near the house and I'll run an extension into the porch to power them. So the house will still look festive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

How did your polar breakfast and your little guests arrival go?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Listening to Christmas FM for the first time this year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

15232253_10207687868262936_7719667649385324214_n.jpg?oh=3c1af2e54eef3d68ba44dcf5f2506d60&oe=58FC1BBC

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I don't need to decorate the tree in my front garden. It's a holly tree so I can use bits of it to decorate the house instead! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Happy to report I managed to convince my parents to set the tree up before the start of December, its beautiful! :D
    Both myself and my dog got to open our advent calendars today also, can't believe its December!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Whispered wrote: »
    How did your polar breakfast and your little guests arrival go?

It went great. S woke up before me but by some miracle I got him back to sleep and snuck off to the kitchen to get the hot chocolate teapot ready, whip the cream and heat the pancakes, etc. Then I got back into bed and willed S to hurry up and wake, for what felt like forever. I was so quick about hustling him up out of bed once he woke, whereas normally he's jumping on my head to get me up, that he was definitely confused but it was lovely and exciting once he got into the kitchen and saw everything. He even brought Tomte to school for show and tell that afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

The Toy Show is tonight!! I'm so excited and still hoping I'll get a phone call about tickets!!

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

Christmas Tree up last night. Very happy with result. I bought some new bits in Blarney Woolen Mills recently....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

mud wrote: »
    Such perfect winter weather.

As we find ourselves together.

Happy first day of the last month of the year.

And don't forget to spread some Christmas cheer!

The second day has come to be.

And thoughts turn to the Christmas tree.

And stocking up on gifts and treats

And cleaning off the chimney piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

mud wrote: »
    The second day has come to be.

And thoughts turn to the Christmas tree.

And stocking up on gifts and treats

And cleaning off the chimney piece.

Love it. I hope you're gonna do one every day for Dec. Be like an advent calendar!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

There's a pub here in London called the Churchill Arms (run by an Irish guy!) that is going to have 80 Christmas trees strapped to its exterior and 18,000 fairy lights... The lights are being switched on on Tuesday but here's a picture of it from last year:

3238.jpg?w=1225&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Jessme

Omg that pub is amazing!! Some amount of work to get all those trees/lights up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

The fire safety officer in me is having palpitations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Jessme

Dolbert wrote: »
    The fire safety officer in me is having palpitations

Haha!! Yeah, was half thinking about that too.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement