Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I am so under prepared. All the cleaning I did has gone to waste. I've got a killer sore ear and throat and just want to get back in to bed. No shopping done either. Massive pile of ironing to do. Not even joking, a room full of ironing! . And outside needs tidying up.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Jessme

I am so under prepared. All the cleaning I did has gone to waste. I've got a killer sore ear and throat and just want to get back in to bed. No shopping done either. Massive pile of ironing to do. Not even joking, a room full of ironing! . And outside needs tidying up.

Can you go to bed for a hour or three?
    Cleaning and ironing are a never-ending cycle, but if you're not feeling well now then you're not giving yourself a chance to actually get those things done. I don't know your circumstances, but if you can - hop into bed and go for a sleep. You'll have the energy & mind to tackle jobs once you're well rested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I grabbed this in the New Look sale today, perfect for Christmas Day! Also, they're offering 30% off everything when you sign up to the newsletter, if you have your eye on anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I may not be going to the Toy Show, or even watching it, but I am wearing my Toy Show jumper out tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Toy show pj's are on, trees are all lit, quality street and heroes are open and we're watching "A very mcstuffins Christmas ".

Merry Christmas

• Advertisement

Still holding out for that call from RTE... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Dolbert wrote: »
    Still holding out for that call from RTE... :pac:

Still an hour and a half left!

Watching home alone as a toy show build up, though I did also watch it 2 weeks ago

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Feet up, takeaway ordered, treats are in, awaiting Toy Show.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Well folks what did we all think of the Toy Show?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Throwing a surprise 80th for my mum tomorrow (as in Saturday) and have spent the day getting ready. Picked up a boned and rolled Turkey this evening with a large ham in the local butcher in Lucan and spent the evening cooking them. House now smells of turkey, stuffing, ham and cloves. :D
    Some of the decorations in Lidl at the moment are really nice. Picked up a wind up Frosty the Snowman townscape for €8.
    Can't wait until we put the tree up on Sunday but was gutted because I won a real tree in the work raffle today but had no way to bring it home this evening so had to let someone else take it.
    Ah well... Finally getting to sit down after a day of prepping food for the party tomorrow and sipping a beer watching Heart TV Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

Put up the tree yesterday evening just in time for the toy show. Just before it began there was a ring on the bell and low and behold, it was our new family addition. An elf on the shelf came to live with us last night and he brought a toy show treat box with him. Such a lovely evening. 2 and a half year old lasted all of 5 minutes into it and 6 year old last til about 11. ( I have a 20 year old but he was working, devastated he missed it) all in all, lovely evening and a great toy show!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I was a bit disappointed with The Toy Show. I think Glitzgirl going last year really added to my enjoyment of it and the build up!!
    I didn't think there was enough children demonstrating toys and only one Christmas song. I thought the gifts given to the readers were lovely and the opening song was very impressive. I enjoyed it but also thought it wasn't as good as previous years.

I thought it was a good toy show! Ryan was manic as usual but he also knows how to have fun with the kids and it was probably the most inclusive show I've seen. My husband and I were actually supposed to go out for dinner but due to a sick toddler, ended up getting takeaway to watch TLLTS instead!

Did anyone watch the TV3 one? Not anyone here, I mean anyone, at all, in general :pac:

I watched it's a wonderful life for the first time ever yesterday. Another one of the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I watched it's a wonderful life for the first time ever yesterday. Another one of the list.

Well i hope your over 15 if not you should be shoot for only watching it the first time:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Belle E. Flops

EVery year on the day I put up the decorations, I watch it's a wonderful life that night with a few glasses of mulled wine. Definitely one of my favourite days of the year

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

S made it the whole way through the toy show last night. Then we were up at 7 to go to Elf Town and the Christmas market and mini fun fair. He's conked out now on the bus home. I wouldn't mind a nap myself as I'm going on a Christmas night out in a few hours.

Just put on my Late Late Show jammies and I'm watching the toy show now.

Ryan Tubridy was fantastic at the start! the sound was shockingly bad though.

Just put on my Late Late Show jammies and I'm watching the toy show now.

Ryan Tubridy was fantastic at the start! the sound was shockingly bad though.
    Verdict: Loved it!

• Advertisement

All family out shopping ,so i just put up all the christmas lights on outside of house.
    so nice surprise for them when they get home, told them next week end.
    O' and Christmas carol (jim carrey, cartoon one) just started on Rte1, i will now have a cup of tea and watch that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

mud wrote: »
    Such perfect winter weather.

As we find ourselves together.

Happy first day of the last month of the year.

And don't forget to spread some Christmas cheer!

mud wrote: »
    The second day has come to be.

And thoughts turn to the Christmas tree.

And stocking up on gifts and treats

And cleaning off the chimney piece.

And so concludes December third

The toy-show's over; have you heard?

The month is simply whizzing by

Breathe in, breathe out a happy sigh.

Mud, hope you can keep this up until the 24th!

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Well i hope your over 15 if not you should be shoot for only watching it the first time:pac:

I know! It's just never been on and we're not a very big Christmas movie family. Don't worry, traditions are changing and i'm the one to start them:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

Went to the Dubai Rugby 7's on Friday, that's on my checklist and a real beginning of the Christmas season here.

I watched the toy show last night on RTE player and I thought it was brilliant, Ryan did a great job.

The one thing I noticed was how talented the kids are compare to the state of the kids from my era.

After we threw on Love Actually, I love the airport scenes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Got to watch a recording of the toy show last night, really enjoyed it. Thought Ryan did a great job again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Lovely weekend so far loved the toy show got my mams tree up in time for it we stayed overnight to watch it with her she didn't manage to see any of it anyone know if it's on today repeated?

Went to town with my pal yesterday first trip ever to Brown Thomas Christmas shop i thought it would be better followed by more Christmas shopping in town, dropped into the GPO to see the decorations finishing off with afternoon tea in the Morrison it was a really good day I was dead on my feet last night asleep by 9.30

Still in bed here catching up on all your posts

P.S I'm another that's never seen it's a wonderful life

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

SarahLil wrote: »
    Lovely weekend so far loved the toy show got my mams tree up in time for it we stayed overnight to watch it with her she didn't manage to see any of it anyone know if it's on today repeated?

Went to town with my pal yesterday first trip ever to Brown Thomas Christmas shop i thought it would be better followed by more Christmas shopping in town, dropped into the GPO to see the decorations finishing off with afternoon tea in the Morrison it was a really good day I was dead on my feet last night asleep by 9.30

Still in bed here catching up on all your posts

P.S I'm another that's never seen it's a wonderful life

It's repeated today at 3.25 on RTE 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Thanks BDJW my mam does not be well she will be delighted she can catch it again today while I cook dinner

• Advertisement

Having my first pj day in almost 5 years! Finishing off selection boxes from yesterday's toy show and watching The Santa Clause! Bliss

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement