Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Random question but has anyone seen glitzgirl?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Back in August, I booked the Carol singing in Christchurch cathedral. It's for this Tuesday. I've no confirmation e-mail or anything like that. Can I just rock up on the night, or have I to chase someone for a ticket or a code?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Loughc wrote: »
    Random question but has anyone seen glitzgirl?

Not for a day or two. Why do you ask? Are you worried?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Not for a day or two. Why do you ask? Are you worried?

No not worried. She's just been quiet this festive season :)

We miss all of our posters when they drop off for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Loughc wrote:
    No not worried. She's just been quiet this festive season

Loughc wrote:
    We miss all of our posters when they drop off for a while.

I'm sure she's mad busy this time of year.
    She's probably doing all her Christmas organizing and all kinds of other festivities with her OH and kids and having a ball.

Hopefully we'll hear from her soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Come in glitzgirl! She's probably reliving her time at the toy show last year and can't type with the excitement.

Decorations are up, turkey crown is in the oven and I'm on the couch about to have a pre-dinner cava.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Come in glitzgirl! She's probably reliving her time at the toy show last year and can't type with the excitement.

It's been almost 2 weeks I think! Maybe she got tickets again this year but couldn't bear to tell us! !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Dying of a hangover from my Christmas Party so I haven't had the energy to put our tree up yet. I'm attempting to right myself with a Dominos and Miracle On 34th Street. Might get round to it before the end of the night!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

I watched the Toy Show this afternoon like I said I would. Its a lot different than watching it Friday night wow to anyone who got all the prizes amazing bunch of goodies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I'm loving all the Christmas tree pics! We don't put ours up until after the 8th as we like to let our son enjoy his birthday before Christmas takes over. He's turning 2 so he doesn't have much of a concept of either, but it's no harm to start as we mean to go on :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

mud wrote: »
    And so concludes December third

The toy-show's over; have you heard?

The month is simply whizzing by

Breathe in, breathe out a happy sigh.

In twenty days it's Christmas Eve!

Four days in already.

Less than three weeks to sort the things!

Pre-Christmas can be heady.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Busy weekend in our house! Got the tree up in the kitchen - we went for the 7ft nebraska from Homestore and more. It's quite amazing looking if I do say so myself :D Laid out the christmas village, himself put up our outside lights - christmas prep is well on! Woot!

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Busy weekend in our house! Got the tree up in the kitchen - we went for the 7ft nebraska from Homestore and more. It's quite amazing looking if I do say so myself :D

Same tree as myself, hello tree buddie!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I had a productive Christmas weekend this weekend...watched the Toy Show, bought a couple of Christmas presents, bought most of the biscuits/sweets for the house, cleaned the oven, put up fairly lights in the hall way, and put up the Christmas tree :D

So we wrote out the letters for the kids the other day. They went a little like this. Hiya, we've been good. We'll be down in Kerry this year in case you're looking for us. We'll leave you out a mince pie and juice. Don't forget to call to my friend who lives around the corner. Love, the family.

Neither of them asked for anything. I think they just like the Buzz of Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

BDJW wrote: »
    I had a productive Christmas weekend this weekend...watched the Toy Show, bought a couple of Christmas presents, bought most of the biscuits/sweets for the house, cleaned the oven, put up fairly lights in the hall way, and put up the Christmas tree :D

The smell of the Christmas tree is all over the apartment and it smells great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I'm going to Dundrum town centre on Thursday to do some shopping. Does anyone know if there's a shop there where I can buy some decent cigars and a DVD please? I've being looking at the list of shops and couldn't it figure out. It's hard to buy a physical DVD in a shop at the moment. It's the Oasis Supersonic DVD. Thanks to anyone who can help.

I'm going to Dundrum town centre on Thursday to do some shopping. I've being looking at the list of shops and couldn't it figure out. It's hard to buy a physical DVD in a shop at the moment. It's the Oasis Supersonic DVD. Thanks to anyone who can help.

This should help with the oasis DVD anyway.

http://www.dundrum.ie/news-events/golden-discs-opening-in-dundrum-town-centre

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

mud wrote: »
    In twenty days it's Christmas Eve!

Four days in already.

Less than three weeks to sort the things!

Pre-Christmas can be heady.

Five days have passed in a headlong dash

Through travel and shopping and dinners

Check your lists twice, wish for all things nice

And be confident Christmas Winners!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Loughc wrote: »

Thank you. I actually thought Golden Discs had completely closed down and that the information wasn't up to date when I saw it as a listed shop. There are so few music stores now.

• Advertisement

Taste buds gone. Licking the envelopes for the cards. Yuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭WittyNameForMe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

We were keeping Home Alone 1 and 2, Christmas Vacation and the Gavin and Stacey Christmas special for the evenings before we fly home. I just check the airlines website and Home Alone 1 and Christmas Vacation are on the plane home.

What to do? Hold off? The people beside me will think I am made, teary eyed quoting every word.

I love the gavin and Stacey Christmas special, ah Jude you must be so excited at the moment. The idea of knowing someone is boarding a plane home for Christmas is so exciting I can't imagine what a great feeling it must be for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

My OH loves it too, I introduced it to her. I hate flying but am still getting giddy and making it a positive, they even have a turkey meal on board (no ham, booo!).

I havent been to the airport in a few weeks but I heard its really christmasy.

I had one of my uncles around for a Christmas dinner areir. Lives on his own, I've been having him round for years.Turkey, ham, the whole shibang. Full as a bull. Presents were exchanged, and the kids said thanks. But the party really kicked off when the crackers came out. The 2 just love them. Not caring about who won, but for the joke and colour of the hat inside. Thanks be to god it's the little things they get the biggest kick out of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Just a quick question guys. I've been asked to give a gift card this year for my niece as she's at an awkward age and not into anything much. I usually spend 10-15 on her and her siblings each year (I ask their mammy what they want and she tells me so it's her that sets the budget really).

I feel a bit iffy about giving a gift card for €15. Do I need to up it to €20?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I feel a bit iffy about giving a gift card for €15. Do I need to up it to €20?

No, not at all! I've often give my nieces €15 gift vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Well we're back from our trip to NYC! Sadly we didn't get to the Rockettes Christmas Special (Sadface) but there's quite a bit of festiveness around... In particular the Macys Christmas shop which is just... WOW. I have a few pics I thought you guys might like to see...

403243.jpg

They had SO many themed trees...

403244.jpg

403246.jpg

403249.jpg

Giant lights!!

403247.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Had a brilliant time in Berlin, the markets were great. Picked up these decorations:

IMG_9683_zpsv84khzit.jpg

IMG_9684_zpsltxorfq3.jpg

IMG_9685_zpsuwvxelvw.jpg

IMG_9686_zpsghqyvakx.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement