Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

my Yankee candle hamper arrived today \o/ \o/ it smells sooo good and so many pretty things inside it.
    It was worth 52 euro as it is Yankee stuff but I would not spend much more on it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Moonbeam wrote: »
    my Yankee candle hamper arrived today \o/ \o/ it smells sooo good and so many pretty things inside it.
    It was worth 52 euro as it is Yankee stuff but I would not spend much more on it!!

What was in it Moonbeam and did you get it from yankee.ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The Frank Sinatra christmas album (the sound of Christmas, imo. Nothing like it.) is on sale in Dealz for €1.49 :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

leahyl wrote: »
    What was in it Moonbeam and did you get it from yankee.ie?

It was a grabone offer then ordered from yankee.ie

When the kids are gone I will share the contents.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

WhiteRoses wrote: »
    The Frank Sinatra christmas album (the sound of Christmas, imo. Nothing like it.) is on sale in Dealz for €1.49 :D

Can't beat a bit of ol blue eyes at Christmas :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

leahyl wrote: »
    Can't beat a bit of ol blue eyes at Christmas :-D

Yes it truly is the soundtrack to Christmas at my house :)

http://www.grabone.ie/cork/yankee-candle-43 there are pictures there.
    The cupcake candle smells rather awful though.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JJudy

I love the cupcake smell, it smells of vanilla, love it

• Registered Users Posts: 34 JJudy

the Christmas spice is also lovely

10 weeks until Christmas Eve!! Woohoo!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 24,367 ✭✭✭✭ChewChew

I love Yankee. I have a candle calendar. I still don't want to use it and start using the candles from it :D

I am putting my tree up on Saturday 23rd November. That's not too early right? I am going on hols on dec 26th so I'm going to miss out on my tree so I have to make up for it beforehand :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

My tree is going up the 29th of November. Have the day booked off work and the toy show is on that night :)

So no the 23rd is not too early :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

I think it's time to admit it... I love Christmas :P

Haha I can't wait, everything about it is just class. Hopefully it'll snow a bit too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

We put our tree up the nearest weekend to the 7th of November every year. We are like kids in a house with none.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭chickenbutt

Hi everyone! I am so excited for Christmas this year! I just found out that my fiance and I will be on our own for the first time this Christmas, so I get to do all the cooking and decorating! We are long distance currently so Christmas will be extra special for us... I've never cooked a fancy meal before so this will be a challenge for us! I will definitely be keeping up with this forum for ideas ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭mashedbanana

I mentioned ages ago that the Argos Christmas catalogue would be out the middle of October....well guess what people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I mentioned ages ago that the Argos Christmas catalogue would be out the middle of October....well guess what people!
    ho ho ho

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

:-O

Woohoo!!!!

I think we will put up our tree the 2nd week in December that way it has a chance of lasting until the 4th of January (small monkeys 1st birthday) hopefully we have our sitting room done up in time to have a lovely new tree mmm I can smell it already.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

Hi everyone! I am so excited for Christmas this year! I just found out that my fiance and I will be on our own for the first time this Christmas, so I get to do all the cooking and decorating! We are long distance currently so Christmas will be extra special for us... I've never cooked a fancy meal before so this will be a challenge for us! I will definitely be keeping up with this forum for ideas ;)

Congratulations! You can start making your own traditions together now :)

My husband is away a lot for work so I know that lovely anticipation of being together for a special time.

And don't forget it's basically a roast dinner! I nearly passed out with the stress the first time I did Christmas dinner trying to get it perfect, but really that is all it is.

Maybe do a practise run with a chicken... (And play some Christmas music in the background to get you in the mood :D)

Might do one myself :D:D:D

• Advertisement

Just passed Henry Street and Talbot Street, Dublin while I was on the bus and it seems that there are some cables up that weren't there last week...

Possibly preparing for the Christmas lights?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,562 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Ooooooh, cables?! :D
    I nearly passed out with the stress the first time I did Christmas dinner trying to get it perfect
    That was me last year! :o
    It was such an achievement for me I'm still tempted to put it on my CV.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭thumper10

love this thread...its the only place i can really be excited for christmas...every few days i tell hubby (1st christmas as Mr&mrs) how many days away it is...drives him nuts, but he loves my excitment..thinks i'm mad...cant wait to get into the shops and see what's there, i've a wedding in 2 weeks, then pay day arrives, and what out here i come...

Congratulations! You can start making your own traditions together now :)

My husband is away a lot for work so I know that lovely anticipation of being together for a special time.

And don't forget it's basically a roast dinner! I nearly passed out with the stress the first time I did Christmas dinner trying to get it perfect, but really that is all it is.

Maybe do a practise run with a chicken... (And play some Christmas music in the background to get you in the mood :D)

Might do one myself :D:D:D

I'm definitely doing a practice run! My main issue is getting everything done around the same time. If it's a total disaster, I'm just going to be sure to have pizzas in the freezer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Christmas knee socks in penneys!

Mince pies in aldi!

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭banbhaaifric

I'm definitely doing a practice run! My main issue is getting everything done around the same time. If it's a total disaster, I'm just going to be sure to have pizzas in the freezer :pac:

Don't forget your turkey/chicken/goose whatever needs a good 30-40 minutes to rest after you take it out of the oven so that gives you plenty of time to do your veg, gravy etc. And leaves room in the oven for keeping things warm too.

I prep the starter the day before (normally some kind of easy salmon terrine) and get as organised as I can with the veg. I also make a potato and a sausage stuffing in the weeks leading up so they just need to defrost.

Having said all that, you'll be spending Christmas Day together so a turkey sandwich and a bottle of bubbly would probably do you fine :D

Lots of mags do Christmas dinner recipes with timings and pre-preparation tips. I have about 10 if you want me to upload the instructions!

Don't forget your turkey/chicken/goose whatever needs a good 30-40 minutes to rest after you take it out of the oven so that gives you plenty of time to do your veg, gravy etc. And leaves room in the oven for keeping things warm too.

I prep the starter the day before (normally some kind of easy salmon terrine) and get as organised as I can with the veg. I also make a potato and a sausage stuffing in the weeks leading up so they just need to defrost.

Having said all that, you'll be spending Christmas Day together so a turkey sandwich and a bottle of bubbly would probably do you fine :D

Lots of mags do Christmas dinner recipes with timings and pre-preparation tips. I have about 10 if you want me to upload the instructions!

That would be so nice of you! Yes, please! I was thinking of cutting some stress out by preparing some bits the day before. I'm probably starting to think about Christmas too early, but I'm so excited :)

Also, potato and sausage stuffing sounds delicious! Googling a recipe for it now :p

I do the ham and the trifle the day before and have all the veg prepared on Christmas eve too.

Posy wrote: »
    I do the ham and the trifle the day before and have all the veg prepared on Christmas eve too.

Ham most definitely has to be done the night before!! Sure where else will you get your ham sambos coming out of midnight mass :) or pub or neighbours

• Advertisement

Mmmmmm, ham. *drools*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement