Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lads! I'm loving the pics, hope you had a great time in New York babyandcrumble and the markets kitten_k.

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Baby and crumble, those pictures are to die for.
    Stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Baby and crumble, those pictures are to die for.
    Stunning!

Ah, cheers. I took more not necessarily Christmas themed when I was there. New York is such a photogenic city! My poor Instagram didn't know what hit it!

Ah, cheers. I took more not necessarily Christmas themed when I was there. New York is such a photogenic city! My poor Instagram didn't know what hit it!

I hope you uploaded the whole lot of them to Instagram.
    They're definitely what you call "Instagram goals". 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I hope you uploaded the whole lot of them to Instagram.
    They're definitely what you call "Instagram goals". 😊

They're mostly there.

Link if anyone's interested. :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Christmas carols in Christchurch cathedral, say that 4 times really fast, were really special. Kudos to whom told us about the tickets going on sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Christmas FM put this on FB, made me laugh!

15355581_10154383793931387_5388183712929319760_n.jpg?oh=da2e4c082aaa4d2abfea340cbd2c6ed6&oe=58B107D5

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Does anyone ever look at their Christmas tree and think 'WTF, there's a massive tree in my house!'

Sometimes I think it's a bit strange. I love it, but it's a very strange custom!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Season Greetings Christmas Forum Posters.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Season Greetings Christmas Forum Posters.

And seasons greetings to you sir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

Work Christmas drinks start at 12 today in a tacky Irish bar. My OH's work Christmas do, which I have to attend, is a 8pm in a swanky venue. I am so excited about my christmas drinks I just need to take it handy.

I hope not to be on the naughty list tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,994 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Does anyone ever look at their Christmas tree and think 'WTF, there's a massive tree in my house!'

Sometimes I think it's a bit strange. I love it, but it's a very strange custom!

I do think if all the lights in my house were visible from the sky, I'd have more planes trying to land than Heathrow.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Jude13 wrote: »
    Work Christmas drinks start at 12 today in a tacky Irish bar. My OH's work Christmas do, which I have to attend, is a 8pm in a swanky venue. I am so excited about my christmas drinks I just need to take it handy.

I hope not to be on the naughty list tomorrow.

Hope you have a great day! Did you figure out what to do with your suit?

Happy Culchies Day Out everyone :D:D

Sounds about right:

15285086_1535219776494834_6687774769193606099_n.jpg?oh=3857c5d557d7277438d00671b7d2c1d5&oe=58C0F80D

kitten_k wrote: »
    Sounds about right

Hahaha I love it!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It looks like this house might be worth seeing if you are in the general area! (Palmerstown, Dublin)

A Dublin man pulled out all the stops with his Christmas lights this year for the loveliest reason

(Do we have a thread for notably decorated houses/buildings?)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

As of last night, all Christmas presents have been bought :D

BDJW wrote: »
    As of last night, all Christmas presents have been bought :D

Well done! That's an amazing feeling. (I'm a bit behind this year!)

My plan for tonight is to order a takeaway on the bus home, get straight into my jammies and watch a Christmas film. Trying to decide between Elf, Love Actually and Home Alone.

Well done! That's an amazing feeling. (I'm a bit behind this year!)

My plan for tonight is to order a takeaway on the bus home, get straight into my jammies and watch a Christmas film. Trying to decide between Elf, Love Actually and Home Alone.

I had the majority of stuff bought before heading to Dundrum last night, and all of that stuff is wrapped.

My plan for tonight is to watch the Leinster match and try get the rest of my presents wrapped, and write the cards!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

I have all presents that I've bought wrapped, but still need to buy a few last bits so will head into town early tomorrow morning (hopefully...:pac:), meeting my friend for brunch at 12.30 so hopefully will get one or two things done before I meet her, and then some shopping afterwards also. Was thinking of getting the dine in for 2 for myself and mum then. I hope to be home for 4.....

My plan for tonight is eating buckets of ice cream and mince pies and watching one of those cheesy Hallmark Christmas movies.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

My plan for tonight is for some Christmas tunes, a drink or two and to put up the tree and decorations at last! Woo!

I love that everyone is having a Christmassy night or weekend. It's so close now!

I just had a Rose for the first time in years. It was DISGUSTING.

I love that everyone is having a Christmassy night or weekend. It's so close now!

Toto, that gave me a good laugh.

I was looking at the tubs of Roses earlier on in Tesco and just for a second I considered getting one but then I remembered how they taste and so I passed.

I reckon I'll go for a box of Lindt chocolates or Ferrero Rocher or something this year.

I was starving so I decided to give it a go and by the time I was finished it I didn't feel hungry. That's how disgusting it was. :D Glad you decided not to them. They're GROSS. Ferrero Rocher is a good call. I got them last year and enjoyed every last one.

I ended up watching Nativity! Oh my God, what a cute little film that is. The kids in it are just brilliant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Kinder anything are my absolute fave! I've been stashing them away for a few weeks now lol

I only finish on the 20th this year and have a few projects to finish by then, I haven't had any free time or a break in months now so thats gonna feel extra special. Got some christmas tunes on to keep me motivated woo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Two weeks to Christmas Eve!! Bring it on. I can't wait!

BDJW wrote: »
    I had the majority of stuff bought before heading to Dundrum last night, and all of that stuff is wrapped.

My plan for tonight is to watch the Leinster match and try get the rest of my presents wrapped, and write the cards!

I got lazy last night and just spent it on the couch! But as of half an hour ago, everything has been wrapped!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

I quite like roses!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement