Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

All shopped out was in town for 8.30 this morning
    A couple more gifts to get
    Got the tree finished this evening just had a Chinese and watching strictly while catching up on everything here il tidy tomorrow get some wrapping done and hopefully post do photos of the tree

• Registered Users Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Brought the kids into town on the bus to a kiddie Christmas party in my wife's work. Brought them to see the train and tree in the Shelbourne and the ducks in Stephens Green before heading to the party and then the lights on Grafton Street. Oh my God, it was so packed. I even had to brave the Disney Store - BIG mistake.
    Anyway, kids had a blast and that's the main thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Sitting in airfield having breakfast, waiting to see santa in my new Christmas jumper! Oh and yes, the kids are excited too!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

I'm looking for lights that are that lovely warm yellow colour that used to be the norm 20 years ago but has been mostly replaced by those ice white, blue tinged leds. Is "warm white" what I'm looking for? Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

I'm looking for lights that are that lovely warm yellow colour that used to be the norm 20 years ago but has been mostly replaced by those ice white, blue tinged leds. Is "warm white" what I'm looking for? Any advice?

Homestore and more do them, i brought the bright ones yesterday, next to them were the old type,more a yellow colour, but still leds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

25 euro warm white in home store and more. We've decided to rid our house of the blue ones too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    Homestore and more do them, i brought the bright ones yesterday, next to them were the old type,more a yellow colour, but still leds.
    25 euro warm white in home store and more. We've decided to rid our house of the blue ones too.

Thanks. Homestore and More is a bit awkward for me so I was looking in Argos. So warm white is the right type? I just don't like that icy cold look and want the traditional warm glow.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

Thanks. Homestore and More is a bit awkward for me so I was looking in Argos. So warm white is the right type? I just don't like that icy cold look and want the traditional warm glow.

Yup, go for warm white. In LED form it's the closest you'll get to the 'old' colour.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I am shattered. I had a Christmas night out on Friday. Another on Saturday where we ended up on a nightclub on a whim. Dancing in wool dress and thermal tights is not for the faint hearted! And then a late lunch out this afternoon. Getting into bed with S this evening and watching Mickey's Magical Christmas was a relief.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

Had a long weekend here which was heaven sent. Had my two Christmas parties on Thursday so was worse for wear Friday.

I have to get my god mother a pressie and my two nephews. My folks and my sibling are getting a night away in some hotel, any suggestions very welcome!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Jude13 wrote: »

I have to get my god mother a pressie and my two nephews. My folks and my sibling are getting a night away in some hotel, any suggestions very welcome!

Do you mean suggestions on the hotel or the other pressies?

Lads I have NO presents bought. None. I managed to get my chilli jam made over the weekend but nothing else. Seriously, I don';t even have something for my fiancee and worse- I don't even have any IDEAS. We're restricting our present budget for each other to €50 because of the wedding next year and we're both at the point where we're like "I don't need more random crap" so wtf do I do????

Also, went to the Elf and Karaoke in the Lighthouse over the weekend- that was good craic. Any other boardsies go?

Hotel ideas would be great. I have a wedding next year too so the funds arent massive.

In relation to a pressie for 50 for the OH half, undies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Has anyone seen any Christmas tea cosies around this year? I really want one for my table! I thought Homestore and More might have them but no joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Havent posted in a while.

Delighted to say that my little annual charity thing via social media has raised over €1200 so far for a childrens charity. I feel so happy about it especially as it involved kids raising the money. To me, Christmas is a very very important time for kids. Its easy for us adults to indulge ourselves in the excitement of it all and that's okay, but I always try to do something for less fortunate children. My own daughter has all she needs and more and it was great to see her appreciate the need to do a little something for children who aren't lucky enough to be in her position.

Anyway, the decorations are up nearly 3 weeks at this stage and the preperations are just about complete. Not a whole lot left to do at all.

Christmas Cards ready to post! Used a wax seal and all this year! :D

403781.JPG

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Oh I love wax seals on cards so classic.

Loughc wrote: »
    Oh I love wax seals on cards so classic.

Makes them feel so posh!

I hope the receivers appreciate the effort :pac:

On Friday night I saw a woman wearing the most amazing Christmas dress. It was like a fancy party dress but with a great Christmas picture printed on it. I was tempted to ask her where it was from but didn't get a chance. I've never seen anything like it so assumed that maybe she'd got it on a US shopping trip and also that it had cost $$$$. Out of curiosity I just typed in a description on google images not expecting to find it. But on my second attempt, there it was. And not only had I found it but, but there is a whole range of them and they are less than €20 delivered :D

From China :(

Ain't no way, no how will it be in Ireland this side of Christmas. I'm more than a bit gutted.

BunniesFairy-2016-New-Arrival-Snowman-Cartoon-Print-High-Waist-Red-Vest-Dress-Christmas-New-Year-Party.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,251 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

iguana wrote: »
    On Friday night I saw a woman wearing the most amazing Christmas dress. It was like a fancy party dress but with a great Christmas picture printed on it. I was tempted to ask her where it was from but didn't get a chance. I've never seen anything like it so assumed that maybe she'd got it on a US shopping trip and also that it had cost $$$$. Out of curiosity I just typed in a description on google images not expecting to find it. But on my second attempt, there it was. And not only had I found it but, but there is a whole range of them and they are less than €20 delivered :D

From China :(

Ain't no way, no how will it be in Ireland this side of Christmas. I'm more than a bit gutted.

BunniesFairy-2016-New-Arrival-Snowman-Cartoon-Print-High-Waist-Red-Vest-Dress-Christmas-New-Year-Party.jpg
    If you order it now it should be here just before next Christmas.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

You should order it for next Christmas. Think how excited you'll be when December rolls around!! :D

• Advertisement

Trying to get all my work done before Thursday morning when I fly, came in today and the file I had worked on since 11am yesterday was gone. I was freaking then the nice chap beside me sorted it, I gave him a candy cane.

Getting excited now, watched home alone last night and just this minute checked in online and downloaded the boarding passes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Alicat wrote: »
    Christmas Cards ready to post! Used a wax seal and all this year! :D

Where did you get the wax seal? I now feel like I sent seconds for Christmas Cards :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

In super great news, I found my Arthur Christmas DVD! :D Started watching it on Sunday evening & will finish it on Thursday - very busy week this week & won't have a free evening until then! Have my first Christmas outing tonight - dinner with my girlies :D

Started wrapping all my presents at the weekend & ordered a photo calendar for the in laws of the grandkids so they are sorted now too!

And to top it all off, this day next week, I'll be finishing work for Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Jude13 wrote: »
    Getting excited now, watched home alone last night and just this minute checked in online and downloaded the boarding passes.

So close now! Getting excited for you pal!

Shoe Lover wrote: »
    Where did you get the wax seal? I now feel like I sent seconds for Christmas Cards :P

In a gift shop in Blanchardstown SC - can't remember the name of it but it was in the block where Wagamama is, if that means anything to you.

They have loads of similar sets on Amazon though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Alicat wrote: »
    In a gift shop in Blanchardstown SC - can't remember the name of it but it was in the block where Wagamama is, if that means anything to you.

Inspiring Ideas?

Posy wrote: »
    You should order it for next Christmas. Think how excited you'll be when December rolls around!! :D

I think I might have to. And then live in hope that I'll have an event to wear it to!:cool:

iguana wrote: »
    I think I might have to. And then live in hope that I'll have an event to wear it to!:cool:

If you don't have an event we'll make one haha.

Inspiring Ideas?

That sounds right! Lots of crafty stuff and gifts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

My dog would like to wish you all a happy christmas :D

60D40BDD-BE60-4954-AD04-40585F66D1F1_zps5l4qc1dt.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement