Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So cute!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Still no sign on Glitzgirl?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

kitten_k wrote: »
    Still no sign on Glitzgirl?

I was thinking the same she came into my head earlier I hope everything is ok

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Jude13 wrote: »
    Hotel ideas would be great. I have a wedding next year too so the funds arent massive.

In relation to a pressie for 50 for the OH half, undies?

I always recommend the Seafield in Wexford- if you can go midweek they do good deals sometimes, and the spa is OUT OF THIS WORLD, and you get full access as a guest. It's over 18s only, too. Bliss.

The undies aren't a bad idea, but she's very picky. TBH with everything that's happening in Syria I'm really tempted to make a decent donation to the UN and let that be my present, for everyone in my life actually. We don't NEED anything, and come Christmas Day we'll be alive, with a roof over our heads, food in our bellies and probably sitting on a comfy armchair in front of a fire with the cats. We're very, very lucky.

SarahLil wrote: »
    I was thinking the same she came into my head earlier I hope everything is ok

I must've missed something, obviously I don't need to know, but whatever is going on I hope everything is ok too...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

She hasn't been on since 19th November.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Staph

TBH with everything that's happening in Syria I'm really tempted to make a decent donation to the UN and let that be my present, for everyone in my life actually. We don't NEED anything, and come Christmas Day we'll be alive, with a roof over our heads, food in our bellies and probably sitting on a comfy armchair in front of a fire with the cats. We're very, very lucky.

You're so right. We are very lucky and sometimes don't realise how good we have it! Presents are lovely, but the time spent with family and loved ones around a fire and a nice meal is the best part of christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Her absence is very noticeable. Would anyone consider PMing her? Maybe one of the ladies here.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Her absence is very noticeable. Would anyone consider PMing her? Maybe one of the ladies here.

She hasn't logged on to boards though. She did say that she'd be very busy close to Christmas and not online much but I don't think any of us thought she'd disappear completely for nearly a month.

• Advertisement

Shows how good of a community we have in the Christmas forum that we notice when one of us hasn't been on!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Totally agree with all of you. She's completely missed. Hope she's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

I think I remember her posting about something very special happening before Christmas so hopefully she's busy and happy and will log in to join us again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

In the lounge, couldn't sleep before the car arrived so I'm shattered. Been singing "it's a marshmallow time..." board in an hour so having a Christmas glass of bubbles or five.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

She mentioned ages back that they were approved for fostering. Perhaps a child arrived with them? Please God all is well. She is such a pet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I've sent Glitzgirl a PM to let her know we're thinking of her here. :)

Can we stop the on thread speculation though please? I know people are concerned but it's best not to be discussing what she may/may not be up to in her private life outside of boards.

So excited, Jude!! Safe journey home! :D

In the lounge, couldn't sleep before the car arrived so I'm shattered. Been singing "it's a marshmallow time..." board in an hour so having a Christmas glass of bubbles or five.

I love hearing when you are coming home for Christmas as I know that means its nearly here :D

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭xDisneyDivax

Feeling a bit disappointed that one of our nieces will not have her father around for Christmas as he is going to Africa for 3 weeks and it is her first Christmas understanding Santa properly as well :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,813 ✭✭✭Jude13

Landed safe thanks all. Slept most of the way but woke mid way thinking something bad was happening. I'm such a big gir.

Anyway big fry eaten and we re packing for the trip to kinsale.

May not be online till after Christmas so I'd like to thank you all for your e great posts and cheers which for me helps me being thousands of miles away.

Merry Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Landed safe thanks all. Slept most of the way but woke mid way thinking something bad was happening. I'm such a big gir.

Anyway big fry eaten and we re packing for the trip to kinsale.

May not be online till after Christmas so I'd like to thank you all for your e great posts and cheers which for me helps me being thousands of miles away.

Merry Christmas
    Have a fab Christmas Jude! Enjoy your time at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Merry Christmas, Jude.
    Have a blast!

Have a great Christmas Jude.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Had work christmas lunch today (delish !), was wearing my Christmas earrings and got complimented on them.
    8 days to Christmas Eve now !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I love Christmas earrings. Must dig mine out to wear all next week at work!

Have a great Christmas, Jude!! Welcome home! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Have a great christmas Jude and indeed everyone here. Sitting here on my sofa (I typed soda there lol) watching day 1 of the darts. Oh how I missed Sky Sports when I did not have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Enjoy your time at home, Jude!
    I got Christmas earrings iin Penny's today and a very sparkly dress for Christmas day - I will look like a giant sparkly, pregnant Christmas tree lol

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Welcome home jude!! Happy Christmas :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I can't ever sleep on a plane. There is something about that last moment of 'falling' into sleep that gives me a massive burst of terror fuelled adrenalin at 35,000ft.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Shadow1983

Welcome home Jude, hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

• Advertisement

Woohoo into single digits!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement