Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

What's everyone got left to do ?

Stlill working on the clearing out the bedrooms.

Have a few presents to get, wrap, and deliver. Undecided about my parents.

Cards to write as I think today is the deadline.

Need a haircut but I think I'll save time and money and give it a go myself.

Food shopping.

General whole house dust, Hoover , and mop.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I had a lovely relaxed weekend with OH, we had a Christmas date day in town on Saturday and yesterday was also unintentionally Christmassy - we went out to Dun Laoghaire and there was a lovely little (very little) Christmas market but the weekly food market in the park was also on, the weather was beautiful and we had a lovely walk along the pier--with ice creams of course :D

Still a few things to get done Crazyteacher, but nothing too major. Need to pick up a few cards for vouchers to go in, a gift for OH's mother :o and my gran has said all along she's not doing Christmas this year and wants no gifts but I think she might change her mind...so I'm on high alert for a last minute shopping trip for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Crazyteacher, lots! Lots to do!

My holiday officially started today so I'm trying to be calm, knowing I have full 5 days to get everything done but I do kinda feel like Leahyl said.
    It's all creeping up very, very fast and I don't know where the time went.

I still have to do my grocery shopping (haven't even started yet), finish decorating the living room and just generally tidy up and clean up (most of the house is done by now but I avoided bathroom till now and I really need to give it a good scrub so that'll gonna take me at least a day to do), also thinking of skipping the hairdressers but having said that, I'd like to dye my hair at home, if have time!
    Also, will need to hit the shops at some point this week for some last bits and pieces.

I hope to get most of it out of the way by Saturday so I can properly enjoy Christmas Eve as that is my favourite day.

How is everyone else doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

What's everyone got left to do ?

EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Ah no, it just feels like that because we've had to wait until this week to have some folks some in and do some work in the house. But by the time I get home from work we should HOPEFULLY have a newly painted kitchen, and bannister on the stairs, and then tomorrow we've booked a cleaner (I know, I feel like I've got major notions, but my gf decided and TBH I'm not looking a gift-horse in the mouth...).

I'm meeting my brother for dinner tonight, he lives on the other side of the country and I wouldn't get to see him otherwise, so I'm really looking forward to it. :) Still have to buy all my presents but I know what I'm getting. 30 minutes in Arnotts and a whizz through TK Maxx should sort me.

Then we've to do the grocery shopping, but we both finish on Wednesday so I'm not too worried. I don't like to pick the veg up too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

Ive been looking for the cadbury choc decorations for the tree, has anyone seen them?? I've looked in a few shops!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Ive been looking for the cadbury choc decorations for the tree, has anyone seen them?? I've looked in a few shops!

I haven't seen them anywhere, but the likes of Dealz are usually a good spot for them

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭donegal_man

BDJW wrote: »
    I haven't seen them anywhere, but the likes of Dealz are usually a good spot for them

Dealz in Letterkenny definitely had them so I'd imagine they're in other branches as well

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So today's the day I've been looking forward to pretty much all year. At 5.30 this evening I'll be finished work for the next 13 days. But it's strange it just doesn't feel like that today's my last day before Christmas.

Christmas has flown in this year. I barely gotten time to take it all in.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Loughc wrote: »
    But it's strange it just doesn't feel like that today's my last day before Christmas.

Christmas has flown in this year. I barely gotten time to take it all in.
    We all seem to say this every year! :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    We all seem to say this every year! :pac:

I really do hahaha :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I think it's definitely flown this year.

Lucky you finishing up today! That's a lovely stretch to have off.

Loughc wrote: »
    So today's the day I've been looking forward to pretty much all year. At 5.30 this evening I'll be finished work for the next 13 days.

I finish up tomorrow! I'm soooooo looking forward to it. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    i've just made an order on Amazon of several books tonight (sunday) with standard delivery...what do you reckon will they arrive before xmas?
    iguana wrote: »
    I'd say you've good odds, Amazon is normally very fast.

not looking good:(

just checked order details and they haven't been dispatched yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

I am finishing up today also, plus it's Christmas Jumper day on work today too :D:D

fryup wrote: »
    not looking good:(

just checked order details and they haven't been dispatched yet

Amazon can be slow sometimes but I've noticed that things often arrive way before the estimated arrival date. Don't lose hope yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Also finishing up today - no Christmas jumper here, but I do have Christmas earrings on :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Shoe Lover

Also, my dad dropped out my Christmas Cake to me last night - it looks so lovely. He's awesome :D Just need to finish wrapping some presents tomorrow & I'm officially done on the gift front! Just the boring cleaning tasks left then!

Yeah I managed to get all my pressies last night. Delighted now. Once I get home tonight and maybe do a little bit of decorating and organising in my newly painted and cleaned kitchen I can really start to relax and look forward to finishing up in work tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I said this month has flown in but now I feel this week is dragging! I'm glad though...Christmas Day itself goes too quick so I'll relish these days before it.

I have had a mince pie and a cuppa just now and arguing with myself whether or not to buy a party box of crisps before they all sell out or not....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

For the first time in years I've barely done any online shopping at all! December kind of got away from me with my son's birthday in the mix (note to self: start shopping in November next year). I braved Dublin city centre yesterday at lunchtime and got almost everything in TKMaxx and Chapters! Also the weirdest thing happened, a Betsey Johston handbag for myself somehow fell into my shopping trolley *ahem*

The couple of things that I did order should be delivered to my office by Friday. We're "working" that day which before Christmas break means bringing our kids in, having bucks fizz and fecking off at 12 :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

So guys, it's 5 days to Christmas!!!! :eek::eek: Everybody is getting all the last minute bits done! My friend was saying that she was in town this morning at around 8.30 and there were queues to get into the carparks and the shops were open! Everybody is going mental now :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Got a few last minute bits at lunch time today and a couple of loose ends to tie up tomorrow, wrap the last few things and then I'm READY :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

leahyl wrote: »
    So guys, it's 5 days to Christmas!!!! :eek::eek: Everybody is getting all the last minute bits done! My friend was saying that she was in town this morning at around 8.30 and there were queues to get into the carparks and the shops were open! Everybody is going mental now :D

yep I was in town today and it is well and truly mental... its like running an obstacle course trying to get in and out of shops.

so glad I'm finished all my shopping I can just sit back and relax now with a mince pie or two of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

Finishing work tomorrow and then flying home.
    Won't be online much or all all, so can already give you all my best wishes ?
    It has been a pleasure following this thread and share the anticipation !

Happy Christmas and safe flight home otnomart! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Got the last of my Christmas presents on the way home from work this evening, all of which have now been wrapped. Don't finish work until Friday & back on the 3rd which will be a lovely break, really need it too. It's been lovely travelling home in the evenings on the bus looking at all the house's all done up now.

Found out today that I'm finishing up in work tomorrow until the 4th. Thought I'd be in on Thursday. Can't wait to stay in bed and do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Haven't had time to get on here after reading the posts I'm glad I am not alone where has the time gone? Can't believe how close it is, I've bedrooms to do, both kitchen and living ares in mine and my mothers house and bathrooms too, food and drink shop, working till Friday, couple of more presents too, hopefully by Friday I am done and sitting down enjoying love actually that night

I'm very emotional at the best of times over Christmas but this year is the first without my dear aunt my second mammy I've lots of responsibility and big boots to fill to carry off Christmas the way she would

I'm sorry for your loss, Sarah. I hope Christmas day won't be too hard on you and your family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

Flying home tomorrow morning, Wohoooo :D

No shopping done at all, I'll be spending the day in town on Friday :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement