Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,994 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I have this and 2 to more night shifts to do before Christmas, I'm really looking forward to being off after working Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and/or St. Stephen's day the last few years. Not been a good year in work or personally so a few days of happiness with the family is really welcome and hopefully will lead into 2017 being a better year.

As excited about Christmas as I have been in years.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Heading to my goddaughters first preschool carol concert. Then bringing her to see Santa. We are then heading to my friends cousins house to give the kids their presents.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

I finish work today with 12 days off and I'm BUZZING. I have a stupid sinus/ headcold thing that is putting a bit of a dampner on things but sure feck it!

Can't wait, got drinks with friends tomorrow who live many miles away during the year, few last decorations to do in the house this evening (hopefully, stupid cold meant I was asleep on the couch at 7.30 yesterday so got NOTHING done!) and wrapping to do.

Must remember to start soaking my fruit for the ice-cream Christmas pud too... YAY BRANDY!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fryup wrote: »
    i've just made an order on Amazon of several books tonight (sunday) with standard delivery...what do you reckon will they arrive before xmas?
    fryup wrote: »
    not looking good:(

just checked order details and they haven't been dispatched yet

checked this morning...and only dispatched now :( they ain't gonna make it in time me thinks

i knew i should have done it earlier AARRRGGGHHH!!

giphy29363d.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

I'm getting a bit nervous here. I'm due to fly out tomorrow morning at 7am (it's 10pm here now). There is some snow forecast, the pollution here in Northern China has been terrible all week (flights cancelled in some places). And to top it all off its foggy outside :(

Fingers crossed!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hey gang!

Presents all bought, house is moderately clean (will do a proper clean over the next few days), and we're doing the big food shop on Friday.
    I've made a list but every day, more things keep being added to it.

"Fussy," partner says, "whack on some pickle onto that list". And I'm thinking "Feckin pickle? You never eat pickle!"
    "Ah but sure tis Christmas!" is the answer.

Anyway, I will collect my turkey Christmas Eve morning and cook my ham in the afternoon, plus prep the veg and do another tidy.

I last had a drink on Saturday night and I promised not to touch alcohol until Christmas Day; I know I'll be over-indulging as it is so I want to give my liver a little holiday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

fussyonion wrote: »
    "Ah but sure tis Christmas!" is the answer.

This is basically my answer to everything at the moment.

Lunch out? IT'S CHRISTMAS!

New jeans? IT'S CHRISTMAS!

7 brandies? IT'S CHRISTMAS!

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Hehe, sure isn't the only answer?
    I was gonna pick up one of those party boxes of King and my Dad said to me: "Sure they're dearer than a 20-pack bag in my local shop, you're better off buying the bag", and I said "Ah no you have to get the box, sure' it's Christmas!".

I'd love 7 brandies now, baby and crumble, but I shall hold out til the festivities begin on Christmas Day (driving early Christmas morning so I won't drink the night before).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Christmas holidays have finally started for me :D now I can fully enjoy the season. Going out tomorrow to catch up with some friends and to buy some appetizers and cakes for christmas. Saw a ton of good stuff in Dealz so I'm hoping to get a good few bits tomorrow.
    We're so close you guys!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Don't get too wasted. Drink responsible as they say.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    Don't get too wasted. Drink responsible as they say.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I was flicking through the channels today and caught BBC2's Back in Time for Christmas. It was about a family experiencing a traditional Christmas in the style of the 40s, 50s and 60s. Very enjoyable. Tomorrow they'll be doing the 70s, 80s and 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I've just got my mam to buy for. Getting her a phone, not sure what one yet, she only decided this week what she wants.

I'm starting chemotherapy tomorrow so Christmas for me will be a quiet affair this year, Xmas Day on the sofa with movies and if I'm able for it, a nice steak dinner, see how I feel though.

Hope you're all enjoying the festivities and preparations :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Best of luck with the chemo StripedBoxers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Good luck tomorrow SB.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Good luck with the chemo, StripedBoxers. I'll be thinking of you.
    A lot of people find the first few sessions to be pretty much okay sickness-wise, so hopefully you'll be up to having a nice dinner and be able to enjoy your Christmas. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Best of luck Stripedboxers I hope all goes well. Keep strong you have your entire boards family here behind you! Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

I've just got my mam to buy for. Getting her a phone, not sure what one yet, she only decided this week what she wants.

I'm starting chemotherapy tomorrow so Christmas for me will be a quiet affair this year, Xmas Day on the sofa with movies and if I'm able for it, a nice steak dinner, see how I feel though.

Hope you're all enjoying the festivities and preparations :)

I hope it goes well. Look after yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

And then of course there the Santa Tracker. My smallies will be keeping an eye on this and getting even more excited as he gets closer.
    http://www.noradsanta.org/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Good luck with the chemo SB

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Good luck with the treatment SB, I hope it all goes well for you - and that you can manage a steak dinner for Christmas too :)

OH wished me a happy Christmas this morning and I said to him excitedly it's Christmas Eve Eve...then I realised I needed to add in another Eve :( The past two weeks have dragged, I just want to be off work already!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Best of luck stripedboxers - I hope all goes well for you and you have a lovely Christmas :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Best of luck StripedBoxers hope you feel ok for that steak dinner.

Good luck StripedBoxers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

I'll be thinking of you SB! Be very, very nice to yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

You'd know it's Christmas out there anyway! Headed up to the shopping centre early and it was already very busy. The queue for gift cards was hilariously long. :D Went to Tesco then and the car park was full. There were big queues at the tills too. Supervalu has an area set up for turkey collections. The big day is nearly here!

I didn't get around to getting a Christmas duvet cover this year and my husband tried to surprise me with one last night but the shop was out of them. (He didn't realise that people buy these things much earlier than this!) So I went to Penneys today and grabbed a lovely red brushed cotton sheet, Christmas pillow cases (€2 for 2 pillow cases) and a little box of lights. It's my attempt at improvising our Christmas bedding! The lights can wrap around the head of the bed and I'll just throw a grey duvet cover on and it will be vaguely Christmassy.

Hope everyone is getting on really well with the prep. I have a lot of cleaning to do but hopefully by this evening most of us will have the feet up ready to enjoy ourselves.

I've been mostly unwell for the last couple of weeks and have been way behind with my toy crafting. I spent a couple of nights up late this week working on stuff but was just too wrecked to get much done. And then was left feeling blue and miserable all the next day from tiredness. So today I stuck Disney Jr and left S to his own devices while I set up a sneaky hidden work station in the kitchen and set to work. Thankfully it's all mostly done, the paint is now drying and I can hopefully apply the lacquer tonight and have time to give it a second coat tomorrow morning if needed. So with no disasters they should be totally ready to go in his stocking on Xmas eve. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

From a personal point of view all I have to say is that I'm delighted those close to me are happy this christmas. I'm cooking again as usual.:D I love it though. Santa is sorted too with an exact list. Remember that not all kids get the exact list, so I'm very thankful that I've managed it.

Be safe. Enjoy it. Try to think of those less fortunate if you can.

Happy Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

Good luck with your treatment strippedboxers, I hope it all goes well for you! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Good luck striped boxers, hope it all goes well for you!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement