Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,092 ✭✭✭✭beertons

We're heading to the Kingdom for Christmas at 9 bells, back up Tuesday. So I said to half pint this evening that we should open the next 2 advent calendar doors today. Star Wars Lego stuff. R2D2 still wasn't out yet, sure you'd have to!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 294 ✭✭A_smurf

Very happy that I did the big shop with my mam today instead of tomorrow! Much more relaxing couple of days ahead to the big day with that task done! :) Good luck StripedBoxers, I wish you the best Christmas possible!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Richard Osman is doing a World Cup of Christmas Films on Twitter. There are 8 groups of 4 and the top 2 go through to the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I haven't posted here in ages. I've had a difficult few weeks work wise but getting on top of it now. I'm getting really excited as the big day draws near. Big shop is done and I'm pretty much on top of the housework so the next few days should be quite chilled. I wish everyone a very happy Christmas and I hope Santa is very generous.

Cork Lass wrote: »
    I haven't posted here in ages. I've had a difficult few weeks work wise but getting on top of it now. I'm getting really excited as the big day draws near. Big shop is done and I'm pretty much on top of the housework so the next few days should be quite chilled. I wish everyone a very happy Christmas and I hope Santa is very generous.

Hope you have s lovely Christmas! Enjoy every minute.

We were out earlier and decided to pop into Dunnes not long after 9 thinking that it would be quiet. It was manic. All the trolleys were taken, the veg section had been cleared out and there was a massive crowd around the turkeys. Thankfully I only needed double cream but even that was cleared out. I ended up getting fancy double cream rather than my usual own brand. But even though it was chaos it was the most Christmassy I've felt so far this year. I loved the buzz.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,588 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Well I'm finally finished work...after the party tonight myself and my boss had to continue working on our deadline - argh! - and we hit it just before 11 - go us! Fish and chips on the way home, bed now and then heading for the ferry home to Ireland in the morning (that is if it's not cancelled because of Storm Barbara). I haven't packed yet! I'm absolutely knackered! I'd love a few days chilling but going home means flying around trying to see friends and family non stop...which I love! But all the same I'm fantasising about a few lazy days when we get back, too...

Merry Christmas everyone. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

In 17 hours I'll be finished work. CANNOT WAIT.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I'll be finished about 12.00 today then it's a quick lunch with one of my friends and a walk around town. I love the buzz especially when all the shopping is already done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'm working from my bed today, about to stick on a movie. Really don't plan on doing much between now and the lunchtime when I turned off my laptop until January 3rd :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy Christmas Eve Eve!!'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

We have all our shopping done here anyway! Thank god am at home today, giving the house a once over again, iced my cake and just having a late breakfast now :-)

When I was shopping with mum yesterry, we went to all the main supermarkets and dunnes was the busiest - they are flying!

Happy Christmas to all you lovely people, I really hope you enjoy the festive season with your family and friends xx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

Husband got stranded on his Christmas night out last. So I was out driving at 7:30 to pick him up. Being up and dressed anyway myself and the little fella may as well head into newbridge.
    We got there for 8:40, as we were leaving at 10 it was manic. Totally backed up everywhere. I've to go collect tesco at 4! What a silly time to choose haha. I suppose I'll make the best of it with a Christmas coffee and xmas fm for the drive over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Have a few gift drop offs to do today. Was meant to pick up a few bits in Tesco but it's wild out. Hoping to go out early tomorrow morning instead. I got the majority of my shopping done yesterday so it's not too bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

I think I said before in our culture christmas is celebrated on the 24th as the eve is considered more important, so for me today feels like christmas eve and I'm preparing for 2 days straight of celebration rather than one hahah
    I got all the food shopping done OMG so much yummy stuff trying really hard not to just ravage everything :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

cinnamony wrote:
    I think I said before in our culture christmas is celebrated on the 24th as the eve is considered more important, so for me today feels like christmas eve and I'm preparing for 2 days straight of celebration rather than one hahah I got all the food shopping done OMG so much yummy stuff trying really hard not to just ravage everything

I know how you feel, Cinnamony, it's the same for me!
    Christmas Eve is the main event, really. Although in the last couple of years, I have started embracing Christmas Day as the main celebration as in only opening presents on 25th (rather than the night before) and food-wise also.

Just had a quick dash to the shops for the last minute bits and pieces early in the morning (seriously trying to avoid the crowds), and since then been busy in the kitchen prepping and cooking as well.
    Also, can't wait to start indulging in all the goodies!!!

Happy Christmas Eve Eve, everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

I've already opened the Christmas crisps! Nom nom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

As much food prep as possible is done today, will finish early in the morning, then hair appointment and afternoon tea to kick off the celebrations, can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

Merry Christmas to all you nice folks. Best wishes for the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

We're finally there, spent the past two weeks trying not to think about it and boy how they dragged lol.

Merry Christmas all, stay happy, safe and have a great time!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Good luck Stripped boxers thinking of you
    Merry Christmas everyone have a safe and happy Christmas
    Good luck to all the first time Christmas cooks too

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Happy Christmas eve!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE!!!

Wohooo!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Happy Christmas Eve! I've just finished the prep for tomorrow morning's North Pole Breakfast. Fingerscrossed I'm up first in the morning and can do the mad dash of feeding the dogs, getting the food to the table, making hot chocolate in the teapot, switching on the lights and music, lighting the candles and then dashing back to bed where I pretend to be innocently sleeping.

I've also put the last minute touches to the little figures I've customised, so all that needs to happen is for the lacquer to finish setting enough for them to be suitable for getting in the stocking in the next 20 hours. Not as great as last year's effort but will hopefully be enjoyed.

Hawkwoman, The Boy Mater, Bat-gally Carrera, Batcar McQueen and the Superpets; Ch'p, Streaky the Supercat and Dex-Starr.
    av09kx.png

• Registered Users Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭DenMan

Happy Christmas everybody. Enjoy! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭cinnamony

I know how you feel, Cinnamony, it's the same for me!
    Christmas Eve is the main event, really. Although in the last couple of years, I have started embracing Christmas Day as the main celebration as in only opening presents on 25th (rather than the night before) and food-wise also.

Just had a quick dash to the shops for the last minute bits and pieces early in the morning (seriously trying to avoid the crowds), and since then been busy in the kitchen prepping and cooking as well.
    Also, can't wait to start indulging in all the goodies!!!

Happy Christmas Eve Eve, everyone!

We still do the main event on the 24th but on the 25th we've changed to doing a more Irish style celebration. I think its lovely in a way its as if we celebrate two christmasses in two different cultures! I hope you got some nice bits!
    I got a huge bouche de noel in tesco...just hope its not made with butter cream hahah

Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you will all stay safe and happy :D

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Christmas Eve my fellow elves. There's magic in the air :D

Happy Christmas Eve everyone one! Can you believe it's here?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Christmas Eve everyone one! Can you believe it's here?

I really can't. It's just ran in. Enjoy the day everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,733 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Happy Christmas folks especially to the hardcore Christmas elves who keep the fire lit all year round! Yer all mad but fair play to ye :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,276 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Happy Christmas to all, ham is cooked with a lovely honey and mustard glaze, just made the jelly for the trifle so must let it cool down before adding the Swiss roll, now sitting in front of the tv trying to decide what to attack first ;-)

Enjoy the festivities!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement