Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Merry Christmas Y'all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,994 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

My wife insists on croquette potatoes with Christmas dinner, I did ponder whether I should take this to relationship issues forum but have decided best policy is to just not eat them, and tut in my head disapprovingly.

Hope everyone has a great day and onward into New Year.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭tickingclock

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Happy Christmas folks especially to the hardcore Christmas elves who keep the fire lit all year round! Yer all mad but fair play to ye :D

I raised a glass to that as an imaginary toast as I watch Home Alone! Couldn't have said it better.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Going offline now for 48 hours. Full house for Christmas this year. Girlfriend's parents and mine coming as well as her sister and my two little ones. First time doing a really big Christmas as a couple and excited beyond measure.
    So wishing everyone a very happy Christmas

merry-christmas-gif-3.jpg

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Happy Christmas Donegal Man. Enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Christmas eve boxes opened, pj's on and watching Arthur Christmas. Just one job left to complete later :0)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Merry Christmas Donegal Man! :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Christmas eve boxes opened, pj's on and watching Arthur Christmas. Just one job left to complete later :0)

Hoovering and mopping done and Christmas Eve box opened. I've enough chocolate to send myself into a diabetic coma. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Takeaway has been devoured and I've eaten half a chocolate Santa. Getting the stomach ready for the big day tomorrow!

The Christmas jammies are on and I'm looking forward to a lovely evening of TV and beer. Have a lovely, cosy Christmas Eve everyone!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Time for a sad moment. I've been singing Status Quo's It's Christmas Time all day as it's a favourite in the iguana household. It feels so bittersweet after hearing about Rick Parfitt this evening. I'll also probably be a bit tearey putting out S's Star Wars toys in a few hours as it's not sounding too good for Carrie Fisher. :(

• Advertisement

Yeah, I was really sad to hear of Rick Parfitt's death today. :(

I hope 2016 doesn't take Carrie Fisher too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

Merry Christmas everyone, thank you so much to every one who has wished me well with my chemo, I greatly appreciate you taking the time to do that, it really does mean a lot, and its certainly helped me deal with things a lot better.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy the time and celebrations with your loved ones. Hope Santa is good to you all ;) X

Have a happy Christmas, Stripedboxers!!

And remember, this forum is not just here for Christmas- we're here for support or to lend an ear for you; and for everyone; all year round. :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,161 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Thought I'd nip over and make what I think is my first post in the forum!

Merry Christmas everyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Happy Christmas everyone. Finally sitting down, only realised no one bought any chocolates ! What!!

Beasty wrote: »

Merry Christmas everyone

Merry Christmas Beasty and welcome to the happiest forum on boards.

Merry Christmas everyone
    Welcome Beasty and happy Christmas!

Your generosity to the Santa Strike Force at this time of year is inspirational and what this time of year is all about.

Hope you and yours have a good one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Merry Christmas Eve from me and my folks aka Mr & Mrs Claus

kitten_k wrote: »
    Merry Christmas Eve from me and my folks aka Mr & Mrs Claus

What a great pic. Happy Christmas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

Merry Christmas everyone

Welcome Beasty and many thanks to you for your generosity to the SSF. It's people like you that make the true spirit of Christmas. Absolute legend. 🎄🎄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Nearly there folks. All the presents wrapped and under the tree and the kids are fast asleep ages.
    I love this part of Christmas but it's always slightly tinged with sadness because this time tomorrow it'll all be over. I find the lead-in rushes by far too quickly and it seems to be quicker every year.
    Delighted personally because I completed the couch to 10k programme yesterday. It was a goal of mine to do it before Christmas and I made it! :)
    Probably up at the crack of dawn tomorrow. I can't see the kids staying asleep until even 7!!
    Good luck everyone tomorrow. Hope you all survive the madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I totally agree. I always feel robbed of the last few days as there is so much to do. I'm getting ready to head to bed now so I'd like to wish everyone a happy and peaceful Christmas. May all your dreams come true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭gidget

Got the hair done first thing this morning & bought two lovely bouquets of flowers that i'll be putting on the family graves when i visit in the morning. Had a lovely Christmas Eve fry up when i got home and watched Home Alone. Went to mass at 6.30 and felt all the emotions inside, when the children's choir sang a beautiful rendition of O Holy Night with all the lights dimmed down. All comfy now in my new Christmas PJ's and fluffy slippers and have already downed a bottle of West Coast, half a tube of Pringles & some Chocolate. Bring it on :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,994 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Well that was a tense 20 minutes on tip toe, who knew just how much fecking noise lego boxes make when you nearly drop one.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!! :D:D

Merry Christmas one and all!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Merry Christmas!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I rarely post in here, but seeing as it's past midnight I just thought I'd drop in and wish you guys a very Happy Christmas. I hope Santa is good to you all. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭emmagination

Merry Christmas all, hope you all have a lovely day :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement