Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open the selection box- Christmas Forum Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

I've reached peak Christmas laziness. My Chocolate Orange was under the coffee table and I couldn't reach it from the couch so I had to work my way up to moving for about 5 minutes.

Really looking forward to waddling getting out of the house for a bit tomorrow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

A few of my friends take down their decorations on the 27th or 28th. And they have kids! :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

_Jamie_ wrote: »
    A few of my friends take down their decorations on the 27th or 28th. And they have kids! :(:(:(

Boo! I've taken mine one early once, on 01st because I was heavily pregnant and needed help putting stuff back in the attic, otherwise it's 06th Jan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 603 ✭✭✭_Jamie_

Boo! I've taken mine one early once, on 01st because I was heavily pregnant and needed help putting stuff back in the attic, otherwise it's 06th Jan

Actually one of the friends first did it when she was due the week between Christmas and New Year and has continued the tradition since. She also puts up her decorations in late November-early December and is sick of them once Christmas Day passes. I don't know why she doesn't just put them up a bit later. I can't understand putting them up so early that you are sick of them by the time Christmas rolls around!

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭amor3

I have actually started putting away little bits here and there. Once everything is opened and hasn't found its permanent home yet my house looks a sight! It starts getting in on me. Have to say, for some reason this year, it just didn't do it for me. I don't know if the stress is getting more and more each year or I just expect too much of it and then it's an anti climax I don't know. Anyway, onwards and upwards to Christmas 2017!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Seriously considering taking down the Christmas cards as I keep knocking them down. Back to work tomorrow so feeling a bit humbug.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭lycan238

We used to take decorations down the Sunday before I went back to school when i was younger usually end of 1st week in Jan. Now whenever we are bothered. My tree was still out end of Jan this year.

Miaireland wrote: »
    Seriously considering taking down the Christmas cards as I keep knocking them down. Back to work tomorrow so feeling a bit humbug.

I love receiving cards but I think they make the place look really messy. Think I'll have to get something to hang them on for next year.

It was lovely hearing Christmas music playing in the shopping centre earlier. It was manic there though. I couldn't get over how busy it was. I'd ordered some shoes before Christmas in the sale so I picked them up, bought some Christmas socks, and left!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Miaireland wrote: »
    Me too. :/

I've taken down the knick knacks, like snowglobes and ornaments and my cards... but the tree, mantlepiece garland and my Christmas bedding will stay to the death!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I took all our stuff down on the 4th of January this year - it was also the day I went back to work so it worked out fairly well.
    Not sure when we'll take everything down this time - maybe next Tuesday the 3rd or we'll push to the Friday.
    My wife likeseaving the cards up for a week afterwards whereas I like leaving maybe only a snowglobe or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

We always wait until after the 6th. Don't like taking them down until Christmas is over.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

So depressing to turn the radio on this morning to static. Had to retune it for music and I'm wondering how I'm going to cope with 11 months of hourly news that doesn't include updates from Head Elf Ernest. :(

The best way to think about it is to remember that you can listen to Christmas music whenever you want. Bring on Wonderful Christmas Time in June!

I'm wearing my Christmas tshirt and socks today and although I'm doing a bit of cleaning I'm feeling very festive. Not ready to let go of that feeling yet.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I have 14 pairs of Christmas socks, I'm wearing a different pair since Christmas Eve until the end of the 12 days. I'm definitely not letting go.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,494 ✭✭✭Heroditas

I just found the box of Christmas crackers I bought in M&S last week up in the attic. Clean forgot about them.
    Tempted to say nothing and keep them for next year...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,846 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

bladespin wrote: »
    We always wait until after the 6th. Don't like taking them down until Christmas is over.

Same here - my (late) fathers birthday is Little Christmas too.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭bladespin

Same here - my (late) fathers birthday is Little Christmas too.

The mrs and I had our first date on the 5th so we have another mini celebration then, just for fun.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I did the impossible today, I won the annual room spanning-mega-post-Christmas-Tetris game. S's presents have all found permanent homes on the toy shelves! Woo! It was actually a big relief.

I also went to Heatons and bought myself quite a bit of Christmas stuff on clearance. I've a lovely big Christmassy bowl perfect for popcorn on Christmas movie nights. Christmas glasses, tins for sweets, a tray, a big plate for cookies and where would you be without Christmas chopping board? In fact I might go back tomorrow and get a matching one for the other side of the hob. :D I also picked up a few bits for Halloween.

Loughc wrote: »
    I have 14 pairs of Christmas socks, I'm wearing a different pair since Christmas Eve until the end of the 12 days. I'm definitely not letting go.
    I have 3 pairs of Christmas socks and thought I was doing well. :o

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Posy wrote: »
    I have 3 pairs of Christmas socks and thought I was doing well. :o

I got a box of ten pairs of Christmas socks as a present last year. The rest I had myself haha.

• Advertisement

I probably have about 10 pairs. M&S is great at this time of year to pick up a few pairs in the sale. I got 2 pairs for €3.50 the other day and they're excellent quality. My husband handed me €3.50 in change and I headed up to pay for them. He told me afterwards that it was because he knows I hate buying socks (I think they're too expensive for what they are) but I felt like a child with my handful of change. :D

Happy New Year's Eve everyone!

I'm in my Christmas jammies and I'm wearing an elf hat while eating chocolate fudge cake for lunch. Hope everyone is continuing to enjoy the festivities!

I am!! :)

I'm also in my Christmas jammies, in my Christmas bedded bed watching TV and being completely lazy.
    I was back in work for a couple of days but now I'm off again until Wednesday, so it's like Christmas Part II. :D

Ooh that's a lovely stretch to have off! Probably made bring back in work a bit easier!

Does anyone have any plans for tonight? We'll be doing the usual staying in with a bottle of bubbly. Moët is €30 in Tesco at the moment and Mumm is €25 if anyone is looking for something nice to drink tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Happy new year everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Happy new year everybody :)
    Does anyone have any plans for tonight? We'll be doing the usual staying in with a bottle of bubbly. Moët is €30 in Tesco at the moment and Mumm is €25 if anyone is looking for something nice to drink tonight!

I've been at a good friends wedding for the last two days, and I'm absolutely smothered with a cold, so I've been in bed watching rugby all afternoon since I got home from the wedding. I've a few friends going to the local for a few drinks, if I get a burst of energy I'll join them, otherwise I'll be staying in bed with a movie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭SarahLil

Happy New Year everyone
    Having a night in, staying over with my mother she's struggling to keep her eyes open, I've eaten rings around me today and I am still picking, myself and himself will tune into Alan Carr sip on a few, himself doing a roast tomorrow looking forward to another lazy day

Already thinking of what I will do different in Christmas 2017 anyone else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭KingBrian2

Happy New Year everyone.:cool:

SarahLil wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone
    Already thinking of what I will do different in Christmas 2017 anyone else?

Happy New Years everyone!!

Yes for Christmas 2017 we won't be cooking we rotate every year so we're really gonna relax and take it all in.

I also am going to take one weekend before Christmas to relax take it all in and enjoy the build up. The run in comes in way too quickly and it's over before we know it.

• Advertisement

Does anyone have any plans for tonight?

Just has steak for dinner and now I have my feet up in my Christmas pjs. We are celebrating New Years at home on the couch with relaxation and treats as we hate going out for New Years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement